alejandrinus Blood Angels

alejandrinus

Thanks for the kinds words Ludovic and killax, it really helps to keep motivated.

And answering to batu, i hope this end someday just to begin other project mainly Space Wolves, but you know theres always something more to add, im hoping to get a 2000 to 3000 points army with some options. But more or less it could be Libby, Plasma Honour Guard (one nearly build already maybe a second magnetized to change between sangguard and HG), 2 RAS Squads with 2 meltas (got to convert more sargeants with other options ie plasma pistols melta bomb ), 1 sang priest, 1 half RAS in LC/TLPG razorback with either plasma or melta , a Sniper Scout squad, a Tactical squad with LC and plasmagun, a DC squad (i have to decide to change the Power Sword for Power axes in the squad ive primed :lol: ), 2 Baals, 3 MM Attack Bikes, 1 Vindicator, 1 devastator squad and the Stormraven (maybe a second one a Land Raider or both) and Tactical Termi Squad with 2 cyclones (Space hulk models for this), this is more or less the idea ..... Note to myself: ive to focus in this and only in this.... ahem ... :P So a LOT of work a still. .

See you and thanks for reading.

The progression and your to do list must be done! I really would like to see this army in a good group shot.

Again this topic is one where I draw my insperation from, so I can only say, keep this wonderfull stuff up and running!

So... time for a army shot :)

At last the Sanguinor is finished, Im overall happy with the paintshop and I learned a few things, there are a few spot that im not to convinced but I decided to move on, I have a lot to paint and have to finish a few things to build for my first battle in 6th edition against my brother's Deathwing army, also thanks for the words killax and GKTerminator (your Salamanders are very nice specially the freehands). I tried my best to take the pics:

gallery_45127_6429_229791.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_151744.jpg

Hope you like it.

He looks great ! Especially the armour. And you did it without metall colors right? The energie sword is cool too.

One thing though, one the second picture the sword looks bend. Maybe just the angle ? or Finecast ?

Cheers and keep up your great work !

I like the way you Highlighted that, especially the red on the shoulder pads. Also I find the choice in colors for the Goblet to be rather striking, helps to notice something that tends to get ignored on the model (at least to me). Also did you mix blue into the paint or did you use a blue wash on the halo on his backpack?

Thank you for the kind words regarding my Salamanders.

Thanks for the replys guys. And for the group shot maybe i could do it soon cause theres not too much painted, thinking about that i realized that this is the first army I own that is legal to play :) , 1 HQ 1 Troop 2 Fast attack and 1 Heavy.

@batu: Actually i did it whith metallics , and yes the sword is a bit bended backwards, at the begining i broke the sword trying to straighten it and then was a real pain to pin it up again but i decided it was a minor damage:), also this is the recipe for the gold:

Balthasar gold (this is a really good paint its covers well and saves me the Scorched Brown+Shing gold mix i used prev for my golds)

Devland mud in recesses

Balthasar gold + shining gold highlihts

Shining gold highlihts

Shing gold + burnidhed gold highlihts

Burnished gold dot of ivory VGC highlihts

Burnished gold 2 dot of ivory VGC highlihts

Mitrhil silver in some spots or Ivory VGC for some extreme highlights

Glazes to accentuate shadows first ogryn flesh then leviathan purple

@GKTerminator: Thanks for the word man, you picked what i tried perfectly with the Goblet (cup?) and yes i have used watered down blue wash in oposite sides of the halo and i think it was devland mud and then levithan purple thinned down in the dark areas, and used a dot VGC Ivory with mithtril silver for the final highlights.

Update as soon as i can.

• 3 months later...

Hi there B&C, I have been idle for quite some time from here but i want to show in this last post for 2012 what ive been working on.

First of all I started a project with my brother: to build all the city of death terrain we have been collecting during years and never got builded, this are our efforts of 4 friday nights of beer, bad movies and lots of plastic glue :o :

gallery_45127_6429_312285.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_491030.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_2606.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_545695.jpg

I the meantime my blood angels army get some new units but any paint on them, I builded a vindicator, 3 attack bikes, 2 pods, a DC dread and magnetized Furioso/Libby dread, and currently on my desk fresh out the box its a predator halfbuilded and various mock ups of honour guard models, assault marines around:

gallery_45127_6429_327795.jpg

Well thats all for the last post of the year, so best wishes for all of you B&C family for the new year, HAPPY NEW YEAR folks!!!

Archived