Space Marine BT Clan

Acebaur

Ok PS3 players, here is our thread for the Space Marine BT clan. So post your PSN Id's and what part of the world you are in and about when you have free time to play. Like the Xbox thread, this is a no pressure kind of thing, just a way to find B&C BT buddies if you are on. Like Reckoning34, I will post up a list of the usernames on the first post here for easy access.

PSN Id: Acebaur

Times to play: Mostly during the morning to mid afternoon hours, or sometimes very late at night.

PS3 BT Users

Acebaur

PSN ID: BrotherMord

East coast

As I have a wife and kids, I usually can only sneak away to play around 10pm to 2 am (EST) after everyone has gone to bed.

I just created a account with that user name specifically to play space marine online, havent tried it out yet, hope it shows up ok.

Whoohoo, we have acebaur! :P

Anyways, I've signed up in a 'real' BT clan, this is the SM official forum. And here's the 'Clan/Crusade's' own made forum..

The crusade itself consists of 2 fighting companies, one for 360 and one for PS3.

I'd like to add my PSN here as well. As I want to play some game with BC members as well!

Dannis_

I wont be getting the game on release as i'm kinda skint after having spent so much on models/parts recently, but i'm hoping to get it as soon as possible so i'll add my name. I've got a two and a half year old, and a partner who tends to hog the T.V./PS3 in the evenings, so i wont be playing heavily.

PSN id: Shadow_Weaver

Timezone: GMT

Playing times: 10PM onwards and occasionally during the day.

• 2 weeks later...
I will sign up soon. I need to 'open my nat' and get past level 4 in MP mode to don the holy armor, but I'll get there eventually.

Don't open your NAT. For one thing, it is currently bugged and will tell you it's not open even if it is. Secondly you open yourself up to all kinds of nasty things like virus's that can get into your network and eat your computers and PS3

I have just gone to level 12, and have been enjoying the melta gun. What a weapon :P

It makes up for my wonky shooting by being horrifically brutal ;)

+++

At the moment I am stuck in the campaign, where the melta-bomb shell has to be pushed into position. The Nob and squig-bombs end me -_- :)

Oh well....

I have just gone to level 12, and have been enjoying the melta gun. What a weapon ^_^

It makes up for my wonky shooting by being horrifically brutal :lol:

+++

At the moment I am stuck in the campaign, where the melta-bomb shell has to be pushed into position. The Nob and squig-bombs end me -_- :cry:

Oh well....

I played that level several times to get the BP and Chainsword trophy and the stalker and chainsword trophy. I figured out the secret to owning face. When you go into the room there is a room with crates to the left. If you hang out in there the shoota boyz will have a hard time shooting you because you can duck out of sight. However, it's better than hanging out around the corner because the squigs can't sneak up on you. I've found that if you use the stalker bolter and marksman fury to take out the shoota's and then use your bolter to mow down the orks as they run across the room(also using the squigs to take out the orks) you will have very few that make it to you and they are easily dealt with. The trick to nobs is to either fury them in a rampage or get them alone and square square triangle them and you can get them into a rhythm without them hurting you.

Hope that helps!

I played that level several times to get the BP and Chainsword trophy and the stalker and chainsword trophy. I figured out the secret to owning face. When you go into the room there is a room with crates to the left. If you hang out in there the shoota boyz will have a hard time shooting you because you can duck out of sight. However, it's better than hanging out around the corner because the squigs can't sneak up on you. I've found that if you use the stalker bolter and marksman fury to take out the shoota's and then use your bolter to mow down the orks as they run across the room(also using the squigs to take out the orks) you will have very few that make it to you and they are easily dealt with. The trick to nobs is to either fury them in a rampage or get them alone and square square triangle them and you can get them into a rhythm without them hurting you.

Hope that helps!

I'll give that a whirl :cry:

+++

With the kraken rounds for the bolter in PvP, how do you get them?

I don't think kills with the storm bolter or stalker bolter net you the 'bolter' kills required to unlock the kraken rounds. True?

I really want them, as the Stalker is a really sweet weapon, but why not give it a bit of extra juice? ^_^

+++

Once the Tactical gets two weapons from his perk, he finally becomes viable, imo.

With just one gun, he is usually a pseudo Dev [say with the Stalker or Plasma gun] or a pseudo Raptor [with the Melta gun]

But being able to switch modes by having two guns makes him a very usable hybrid of the two :lol:

I have just unlocked the rapid recharge for the Melta, and it has turned those 2-3 nearly had him but died deaths into kills, and so my average has gone up to 3:4 or 6:5 because of that. Sweet!

We also only have one red bar for connectivity, so that will cost us a bit of reflex time. Too far away!

Each of the challenges are weapon specific. So kills with another weapon, even one that is in fluff terms still a bolter(like the storm or stalker) don't count. They have their own challenges. Likewise each of the perks you earn for that weapon are specific to that weapon. So you can only use the Kraken rounds with the bolter, not the Stalker.

I like the weapon versatility perk as well, but the problem with it is while you gain another weapon, you lose a perk to do so. I think the Tac marine is plenty useful with only 1 weapon. This is because you can bolster him with a second perk. Like my "default" Tac loadout is Bolter, Frags, Tactcial readout, and Kraken rounds. I like the Tac readout because it shows you their health/armor and makes them easier to see on the battle field. I also like the serrated combat knife, especially for us Templars, because you can 2 hit kill an ASM with them and 3 hit kill another Tac.

Each of the challenges are weapon specific. So kills with another weapon, even one that is in fluff terms still a bolter(like the storm or stalker) don't count. They have their own challenges. Likewise each of the perks you earn for that weapon are specific to that weapon. So you can only use the Kraken rounds with the bolter, not the Stalker.

I like the weapon versatility perk as well, but the problem with it is while you gain another weapon, you lose a perk to do so. I think the Tac marine is plenty useful with only 1 weapon. This is because you can bolster him with a second perk. Like my "default" Tac loadout is Bolter, Frags, Tactcial readout, and Kraken rounds. I like the Tac readout because it shows you their health/armor and makes them easier to see on the battle field. I also like the serrated combat knife, especially for us Templars, because you can 2 hit kill an ASM with them and 3 hit kill another Tac.

I see, I see.

I found the Stalker to be very killy, in a sniper sense. Have you used it in that way, and do you find the Kraken + Bolter to be even better in that sniping role?

Or do you just use the Bolter in close and at range? My brothers have concluded that we do suffer from lag [as demonstrated by our 1-2 bars for connectivity] and that does cost us a couple of kills and deaths each game. With that lag issue, I just get pwned by any old Raptor coming my way, whereas with the Melta [and quick charge] I can dance around him and give him 2-3 shots and I win that duel often enough.

I ask because I would like to become proficient with the Bolter.

+++

A Raptor is easier to kill with the Combat knife than a Tac? Interesting....

+++

I have found the Raptor plus exploding pack and resistance to shooting perks to be a quality dirt worker for Waste Management map. As the map is so close in, dudes will be getting hurt by the exploding pack, and so dying when I die. Sure I'd love to be the one doing the killing, but life isn't always like that :P

The Power sword just bounces off of opponents, as does the Chain sword, and the Thunder hammer is just too cumbersome for our connection speed. The Power axe is my goldilocks weapon. Just right ;)

I went 16-14 with that load out in Waste Management. :woot:

I've not used the stalker a whole lot yet, I've been focusing mostly on some of the more close support/assault weapons. I have used the lascannon(as an IF since we have no Devs ;) ) and found it to be quite the sniper weapon.

I've found the Kraken Bolter to be effective at range and up close. Just don't fire on full auto unless you are very close because your shots will start to go wide. Instead burst fire them and you will do fine. The Kraken rounds are a definite improvement over the regular bolter so definitely take them if you have them. The key with the bolter is to realize that it is not an assault weapon. It shines at medium and medium-long range. Don't try to jump into the middle of a huge fire fight. Instead, stay back some and support your Brothers by taking down enemies before they close to assault range.

Assault/Raptor have weaker armor and health than a Tac or a Dev. However, their shields regen a good bit faster. This is the price they pay for their mobility and uber CCness.

I have mixed feeling about the Final Vengeance perk. On the one hand I like it because it's nice that if you almost killed someone or they snuck up on you you can still get some revenge. On the other, you have people who take it and use it like a suicide bomber, they drop in, flail around for a few seconds in the hopes to take out something with their wild swings and then kill you when you kill them. Because of that my friends and I have dubbed it "Troll Vengeance" lol :huh:

I actually like the Power Sword, I've unlocked the P. Swordsmans zeal and it is quite nice. I haven't had too much trouble killing with it. Despite it's stat line it does have an advantage over the chainsword and that is audible. You can hear a chainsword a mile away, where as the power sword is basically silent.

I've not used the stalker a whole lot yet, I've been focusing mostly on some of the more close support/assault weapons. I have used the lascannon(as an IF since we have no Devs ;) ) and found it to be quite the sniper weapon.

I've found the Kraken Bolter to be effective at range and up close. Just don't fire on full auto unless you are very close because your shots will start to go wide. Instead burst fire them and you will do fine. The Kraken rounds are a definite improvement over the regular bolter so definitely take them if you have them. The key with the bolter is to realize that it is not an assault weapon. It shines at medium and medium-long range. Don't try to jump into the middle of a huge fire fight. Instead, stay back some and support your Brothers by taking down enemies before they close to assault range.

Assault/Raptor have weaker armor and health than a Tac or a Dev. However, their shields regen a good bit faster. This is the price they pay for their mobility and uber CCness.

I have mixed feeling about the Final Vengeance perk. On the one hand I like it because it's nice that if you almost killed someone or they snuck up on you you can still get some revenge. On the other, you have people who take it and use it like a suicide bomber, they drop in, flail around for a few seconds in the hopes to take out something with their wild swings and then kill you when you kill them. Because of that my friends and I have dubbed it "Troll Vengeance" lol B)

I actually like the Power Sword, I've unlocked the P. Swordsmans zeal and it is quite nice. I haven't had too much trouble killing with it. Despite it's stat line it does have an advantage over the chainsword and that is audible. You can hear a chainsword a mile away, where as the power sword is basically silent.

I just pretend they mean the Heavy Weapon Initiate from the Crusader squad, whenever I read Devastator ;)

The Las cannon tends to eat people in the Hab Centre level, when you can look into their flag area. Good thing it is a slow shot, otherwise it would be pure pwnage.

The Stalker is a pretty neat weapon. What helps it compete with the Las Dev is that the Tac is faster in moving and can commando roll out of trouble, whereas the Dev just staggers under his burden. The Melta gun, quick charge, and Stalker set- up is a real fave of mine, especially in the Hab Centre and the Basilica.

But I have used the Heavy Bolter. Horrendous. When you brace, dudes just get eaten!

My brother worked really hard to get the Kraken rounds, last night. Once he started using them, we didn't notice a big change in his kill rate. But we do tend to die to them a lot....

I agree with your Bolter assessment, which I think works for the Storm and Stalker bolters too. They just aren't killy enough to take on a Melta gun, or a Raptor up close, or duel with a Dev. But by working as a team, you can pick them off and all without having to rush right over to them to deliver a Melta blast, etc. to their face.

Team work. It works.

So how do you know that the Raptor has weaker armour, etc? I am not saying you are wrong, just wondering how you know :)

I have tried to stop using the Raptor as it is a crutch for my, at present, weaker shooting abilities that I am growing better in. So I just use him for Capture, and not Annihilation. Once I have caught the first Objective, in Waste Management, I usually swap back to a Tac. So the Raptor taking someone down with him is an excellent way of stopping them from deflagging that Objective. I guess I could also build a killy Raptor, and not just one for Objectives....

Trollololol attaaack! :P

That is a good point about the silent Power sword *strokes chin*

+++

So I got past the Shell and Melta bomb section, following your advice. So thanks for that :tu:

I am now at the Plasma Cannon and flying thing battle. I was just told you can rip the Plasma Cannon from the stand *face palm*. The official guide basically says "if you don't take it and move, you are dead". Yeah, I found that out, half a dozen times :lol:

You sent me an invite online yesterday? What is that, and how do I access it?

If you cannot tell, I pretty much have zero idea about gaming consuls.

Not sure what you mean about the Las cannon being a slow shot, It's pretty damn fast in my experience. Perhaps you are thinking of the Plasma Cannon cheesed.. I mean charged shot? :P (I say that because IMO you shouldn't be able to charge the thing while running with what is perhaps the heaviest heavy weapon) Anyway, I like to use the Lascannon on Manufactorum as well sometimes. You can stand at the back of the board and fire all the way across though the small opening at point B.

For the Kraken, I forget what the change was, but I want to say you have to hit like 3-4 fewer times over the regular bolter. As for how I know that and about the Raptor armor, it's simple, testing. My buddy and I have done some and I have also read about others who have done some on the Space Marine Forums. We tested the serrated combat knife on an assault and tac against the standard knife and thats how we came up with those. We also did some testing on the charge move and vengeance grenade launcher as well.

I've been using mostly tac marine, but my inner Black Templar must have satisfaction, so I've been using the assault marine more with pretty good success. It takes some getting used to IMO to be able to come in, kill, and then get out without dying.

Glad you made it past the melta bomb/shell part. Here's a tip for killing that flying thing with the plasma cannon. You can in fact tear it off(along with any other mounted weapon in the game) by pushing the square button. If you backpedal to the back of the area where you entered, you can hang out behind a large pipe and from there maneuver around that pipe to avoid just about all of his shooting. You can pop out and throw shots at him. Also since you have infinite ammo you can charge up some shots and try and hit him with those as they do a bunch more damage. When he hovers over the train and drops a bunch of orks, charge up a shot and blow them away.

I did send you an invite last night, to access it you can do a couple things, but the easiest is to go to the main online lobby where Chaos and Space Marine are in the center with the camera rotating around them and push square. (It says in the lower right Check for Invites next to the icon.) Then your invites will pop up and you can click join. You'll then drop into wherever we are at the time, like a public lobby or private game. If it fails, just send me a message through PSN and say it failed and I'll send you another invite.

Hopefully all that made sense, let me know if you have any more questions!

I was pwned by a guy with the Las cannon today. Actually by two separate dudes in two different games :yes: It does fire quite quickly, as they taught me :P

Where you stand in the Manufactorum is where I would stand with the Heavy Bolter ;)

At first I didn't get the bracing thing, tried the Las cannon [which I didn't find satisfying] and then the Plasma cannon. After other guys hosed me with the Heavy Bolter, I went back and gave it a whirl. Bracing turns it into a beast. Even in the Bridge level, where there is the across-ways bridge over the middle Objective, if you stand at one end of that little hallway, you can totally mow down anyone appearing in the hallway, as long as they haven't flown around and near-beside you. Sweet!

So how would you compare the Serrated blade to the Chainsword?

Do you like the Vengeance launcher? I think it should either be a proper Grenade launcher or you can set them off without having to have the Vengeance launcher in hand.

+++

I got passed the Plasma cannon bit, first time, once I ripped the cannon off. Good to know.

Now I am stuck fighting a horde of Orks and then two Nobz appear. Two!

All this play will get me competent one day :(

I will do the invite thing next time I am on.

I did send you an invite last night, to access it you can do a couple things, but the easiest is to go to the main online lobby where Chaos and Space Marine are in the center with the camera rotating around them and push square. (It says in the lower right Check for Invites next to the icon.) Then your invites will pop up and you can click join. You'll then drop into wherever we are at the time, like a public lobby or private game. If it fails, just send me a message through PSN and say it failed and I'll send you another invite.

I did try it a few days ago, but those invites have expired. Please resend :woot:

Archived