Codex: Phoenix Knights

TrashMan

1. You have the Thundersword saying it applies the negative Intivitave bonus on a saved wound.2.

Yes? Makes sense to me. The sword failed to wound, but the impact leaves the target reeling.

Still thinking if I should make the penalty cumulative....

Things do not happen on a saved wound. It makes it too overpowered. It means that eighteenth get hurt or try get knocked out so it's easier for you to hit them next time. It would make sense if the Thunderhammer did something on a saved wound but it doesn't but that's too overpowered.

I think you have a typo in that sentance somewhere, as I can't make sense of it.

Not exactly sure why it would be overpowered. If one is hit and hit, wounded and rendered reeling, or if one is hit, not wounded but rendered reeling...which one is worse?

I guess that would depend on percentage of saved wounds (and this is a power weapon, so no armor saves)

Unless I'm missing something, the reeling effect is more likely to happen if it's tied to a saved wound.

Then again, I might be wrong. Maybe I should drop the effect.

Uriel cannot have special ammo in a bolt pistol (he can have one type if you say something like: this bolt pistol ignores covers saves or this bolt pistol wounds on 2+ etc. But special issue ammunition is Bolters only).

Bolt Pitol and BoltGun use the same ammo technicly.

But for simplicity, let's just call this a modified pistol (or the ammo made specificly for it) :P

Yes, they use the same ammo type but they can't use special issue ammo. It says so specifically in C:SM.

Special-Issue Bolt-pistol. :)

Why have it be a Bolt Pistol at all? Just make it a wrist-mounted Bolter, then you don't have to define how Special Issue Ammo works with it.

Best not to list his weapon as "reeling", since that's not defined. Just describe it as "a Thundersword which applies a -1 modifier to enemy Invulnerable Saves." Shouldn't the basic Thundersword be listed as two-handed in its rules? It's mentioned in the fluff bit.

Also, is his name's similarity to the Ultramarines' Uriel Ventris intentional?

Bolt pistol limits the range and usage...but you're right. To avoid complications, I'll just have it be a bolter.

Anhh..good catch. It's described as two-handed, but the rules should be rather explicit in that regard. Or should I say,two-handed unless you have Terminator Armor :P

And for the last bit - no. I just like the name Uriel. According to the legends, it's the name of an Archangel - the one with the firey sword, the one who kicked Adam and Eve out of paradise and who unleashes whoopass whenever God will it (a.k.a. - the flame of God, the sword of God)

• 10 months later...

Archived