Space Marine DLC wishes

Razblood

More of everything!

Add a few fan-made chapters!

One could make it contest and the devs would pick a few they like the most.

Of all the ridiculous things...why? There's an army painter and a list of higher priority things over 9000 miles long....

It would be super cool if they did a B&C armor set, even just a shoulder pad would be awesome too ;)

That'd be cool. Relic certainly knows we're here, but they're probably not aware of the Legio B&C. If they are, they'd most likely give us our shoulder pad in the form of a paintable Deathwatch pad with the color divisions cleverly split up to serve our purposes :yes: you know, since a recolored Deathwatch pad IS the Legio B&C's shoulderpad....

Mk V Heresy armour and Mk. III Iron armour would be very nice to see.

More symbols and colour scheme setups for chaos.

More maps and possible game types? Capture the standard/flag?

Legion of the Damned marine would be quite awesome too.

Cambrius

CAPTURE. THE. EXPERIMENTAL. DEVICE.

I mean seriously, the whole game sets up the premise of "capture the experimental device"... It'd be sooooo simple.....

Yes it'd make perfect sense! The only issue is that the experimental device is kinda small and inconspicuous on the belt of a marine.

Cambrius

CAPTURE. THE. EXPERIMENTAL. DEVICE.

I mean seriously, the whole game sets up the premise of "capture the experimental device"... It'd be sooooo simple.....

Yes it'd make perfect sense! The only issue is that the experimental device is kinda small and inconspicuous on the belt of a marine.

Cambrius

You could easily have a big symbol floating above the device carrier's head to mark him on your HUD. It'd not like they don't already have names and symbols floating around up there.

That, and it glows with a blinding blue-white radiance.

But I think an experimental device is too plot-specific. Make it a standard/banner, and then just plug it on top of the powerpack of the Marine carrying it like we see in tabletop all the time. Maybe give a health ("morale") regeneration bonus to nearby teammates, so they're encouraged to actually move in a group and support the flag carrier.

I would like to see some unhelmeted options, too - I'm very disappointed that the Space Wolf Chapter skin didn't some with a big bushy-bearded guy. Sure, running around unhelmeted is a good way to get yourself shot, but that's never stopped any Space Marine before!

How about registering your chapter or warband affiliation and getting a bonus when playing with other people in the same formation? Like a team with three players who have all registered as Iron Hands get a bonus to their armor or damage or whatever because there is more than one person from the same chapter? Maybe scale the bonus to depend on how many players on each team are registered to the same organization? Am I making sense with this?

Also, bots. For the love of the Throne and Him on It, bots!

Global Agenda had a version of the game where you had this large (Say, the size of a hirable skip, just rounded) device that went along a track, with three check points. The attacking team had to move it along the track by killing any opponents in a small area around the device, and standing in the area themselves. The defending team had to do the same, but they pushed it the other way, back to the last checkpoint the device passed.

I'd like to see a map/game mode like that.

Global Agenda had a version of the game where you had this large (Say, the size of a hirable skip, just rounded) device that went along a track, with three check points. The attacking team had to move it along the track by killing any opponents in a small area around the device, and standing in the area themselves. The defending team had to do the same, but they pushed it the other way, back to the last checkpoint the device passed.

I'd like to see a map/game mode like that.

That's called Payload (one team pushing the other defending) or Payload Race (both teams pushing and racing to blow each other up first). They stole it from Team Fortress 2.

I've been trying to think of a way to do PL in Space Marine, but I can't think of anything especially fitting....

More of everything!

Add a few fan-made chapters!

One could make it contest and the devs would pick a few they like the most.

Of all the ridiculous things...why? There's an army painter and a list of higher priority things over 9000 miles long....

Marketing (and money) dear boy.

So little required to pull it off. Have people submit their own chapter -ideas, descriptions, or even compelte textures and everything. Let them pick a few and put them in the next game as background cameos

Everybody wins!

I've been trying to think of a way to do PL in Space Marine, but I can't think of anything especially fitting....

Well, they already have the mechanics in single-player for pushing huge payload-class objects - the artillery shells from the Gun Fortress early in the campaign. Maybe change the model of the object pushed - a huge block of stone for a "seal the breach"-type mission, or a larger-than-life-sized statue of the Emperor for a "holy ground"-type mission - but otherwise it sounds exactly like something I'd like to see in Space Marine.

It would be nice to see peoples' custom Chapters included in canon, and it wouldn't really require that much work on Games Workshop's part to add them to the list, but it's sort of limited by the fact that there's only roughly a million Chapters out there, and given this fanbase, that would fill up really quickly. They add some new, maybe fan-made, Chapters to the list every time they decide there's been a new Founding, but I think most casual players are happy with the selection of eighteen "basic" Chapters/Legions. With the custom painter in Space Marine, it's not like you can't copy someone's design yourself if you like it that much.

OooooOOooooo....

You're right about the pushing the ammo thing.

You could have a whole map where you have to do that. Have the Space Marines trying to load a huge shell into a cannon to shoot a huge Chaos ship out of the sky. It takes at least 1 guy to push the shell and then there's space alongside him for up to 4 more people to push it and speed it up. Everyone else has to do their best to defend the guys pushing the shell and keep them alive.

That could work. Or, maybe the shell is being pushed by a Techmarine NPC who has to take cover if he starts taking fire, so it's EVERYONE on the team's job to protect him as he uses his crazy Servo Harness arms to roll the shell along.

I was also thinking it could be a Techmarine operating a Thunderfire Cannon. They're trying to roll the gun into position, but can only do so if your team protects it. If he gets bogged down in one spot for long enough he loads the Thunderfire and opens fire on the enemy team. Kind of a way the game can balance itself. If the team protecting the TFC is getting their asses kicked, the game will use the artillery to even the battle.

That'd be cool.

As long as we're wishing, I think adding in a whole Techmarine class would be awesome - and with him comes a whole new slew of Perks to make getting past level 35 worthwhile. Things like "Blessed Machine Spirit" for your bolter, which reduces reloading time or something, and "Void Shield/Refractor Field Generator", which gives an armor bonus to non-Devastator/Havoc classes. I'd sooner see a Techmarine/Chirugeon class than a Librarian/Sorcerer class, honestly. Librarians and Sorcerers would be cool, yeah, but that would basically mean re-working the perk system to include psyker bonuses. Given Relic's history in Dawn of War 2 multiplayer, they'd probably make us earn level 41 all over again.

As long as we're wishing, I think adding in a whole Techmarine class would be awesome - and with him comes a whole new slew of Perks to make getting past level 35 worthwhile. Things like "Blessed Machine Spirit" for your bolter, which reduces reloading time or something, and "Void Shield/Refractor Field Generator", which gives and armor bonus to non-Devastator/Havoc classes. I'd sooner see a Techmarine/Chirugeon class than a Librarian/Sorcerer class, honestly. Librarians and Sorcerers would be cool, yeah, but that would basically mean re-working the perk system to include psyker bonuses. Given Relic's history in Dawn of War 2 multiplayer, they'd probably make us earn level 41 all over again.

You could get Heavy Bolter Tarrantuals too, that'd be cool.

As far as custom chapter colors go that's already happend. Skyrar's Darkwolves are there. At least I think thats custom.

Nope. They're an official Chaos Warband. A Group of Chaos Space Wolves. They're in the current Codex:Chaos Marines. :P

Some kind of Horde mode stolen from GoW would be perfect, because the game system is so much like it anyway. Also I was thinkin they could do objective modes like in Halo multiplayer and probably countless other games and model them on space marine battles.

Example:

Team 1 has to defend the tunnel entrance until the team leader (more defense, hp etc) makes it from enemy territory. Team 2 has to kill the team leader (maybe give the TL 5 lives for that part.

Then Team 1 has to defend the city walls for 5 minutes, Team 2 has to plant explosives on the walls.

Nxt, team 1 has to assualt the enemy occupied space port, team 2 now has to defend the spaceport for 5 minutes.

That was loosely based on the Crimson Fists space marine battles novel btw :P

Just anything with famous historical battles really, even if its a 2 hour long new campaign DLC. They could do a Siege of Terra campaign where you play as a loyal or traitor primarch.

Some kind of Horde mode stolen from GoW would be perfect, because the game system is so much like it anyway. Also I was thinkin they could do objective modes like in Halo multiplayer and probably countless other games and model them on space marine battles.

Example:

Team 1 has to defend the tunnel entrance until the team leader (more defense, hp etc) makes it from enemy territory. Team 2 has to kill the team leader (maybe give the TL 5 lives for that part.

Then Team 1 has to defend the city walls for 5 minutes, Team 2 has to plant explosives on the walls.

Nxt, team 1 has to assualt the enemy occupied space port, team 2 now has to defend the spaceport for 5 minutes.

That was loosely based on the Crimson Fists space marine battles novel btw :huh:

Just anything with famous historical battles really, even if its a 2 hour long new campaign DLC. They could do a Siege of Terra campaign where you play as a loyal or traitor primarch.

We'll be getting Exterminatus Mode shortly. It basically IS horde mode.

Example:

That was loosely based on the Crimson Fists space marine battles novel btw ;)

We'll be getting Exterminatus Mode shortly. It basically IS horde mode.

Nevermind then :huh: Is that the free mode coming in October, + Will it come with new achievements?

I would bet it's coming with its own leaderboard at least; you may unlock certain things that are available only in Exterminatus mode, like deployable heavy bolter stands, or extra grenade stores, or something. I hope we still get XP in that mode; I'm not level 41 yet, but I have a friend who's promised to play Exterminatus non-stop 'til he hits level 41.

Plague Marines, Noise Marines, Khorne Beserkers, and Rhubric Marines!!!!!!!! Noise Marines would be cool because they could have alot of AoE attacks. It be plain sweet to see one rip out a Blastmaster and start going all crazy on everyone!!!!!!!! But the loyalists would need something to counter that... Ideas?

Oh! I just had a thought. The Noise Marine could be an unlock for the Devastator/Havoc. A Plague Marine or a Rhubric Marine could be a Tactical Upgrade. And the Beserker could be a Raptor/Assault Upgrade.

Archived