Space Marine DLC wishes

Razblood

If they're putting in Berzerkers, I'd see them as a Tactical "unlock" rather than an Assault unlock. It would really make the Tactical Marines feel tactical if they had more in the way of melee options. I've never seen a Berzerker with a jump pack - but one who can dual-wield chainaxes instead of having a ranged option? Hell yes! I even thought up an execution move for dual chainaxes if they decide to put executions in multiplayer someday. All in all, though, I'd prefer to see things like Mark of Nurgle/Khorne/Tzeentch/Slaanesh put in as perks rather than whole classes. Nurgle increases health, Khorne increases melee damage, Tzeentch increases ranged damage, and Slaanesh increases melee attack speed, or something. That way all you have to do is put in analogous perks for Space Marines, instead of thinking up whole new classes, like perhaps "Icon of Endurance" increases health, or "Righteous Fury" increases melee damage. (Do they have that one already?)

• 2 weeks later...

Some inspired stuff here and I agree with most of them... I would also love to see Armor decorations like Purity Seals, trophies, tomes etc...

I really do hope that Relic can see the DLC potential here. If the game was designed with this in mind, and they have been particularly tight lipped about it, then surely we must be in for a treat.

Lets hope Relic had the foresight for this...

Otherwise I guess and hope it will be SM2

I'm not for unbalancing the already strenuous balance this game has achieved. While I would love to see Cult choices and more holy gear for the Astartes, this game has a limited RPS balance as it is without the already garbage connection between the ponds.

Right now Relic should focus on strengthening the PTP connections and adding new, BALANCED maps for more playability. Afterwords, they can add new gear and Aesthetic Armor, or even a Chaplain/Techmarine class if people want them so badly.

Stop trying to add all the crap from the tabletop, because if GW has a hard time attempting to balance them, I don't want Relic wasting our time and money for more crap that will potentially throw Space Marine off it's already unstable table legs.

More maps and balancing (I would hope) would be a given necessity. I have no doubts they'll fix both of those issues. That why no one has really mentioned it. I too would hope they'd take care of ptp issues. This is a wish list after all. If I have to wish for balancing and more maps then the game will lose it's playability fast!

No one has mentioned bots because if you wanna fight bots you could just play the single player.

No one has mentioned bots because if you wanna fight bots you could just play the single player.

Not true. Most of us want to team up with partners and fight bots but we should be able to do that on October 25th unless they change the date.

Warhammer has the potential to make some amazing games. What really annoys me is the true potential of Warhammer will never be captured correctly in one.

But, as far as DLC is concerned I would love to see...

-Terminators

-Armor, armor and more armor

-A 4th class to compliment the other 3. Librarian/Sorcerer or something like that

-More maps

-More weapons. I want lightning claws, flamer, power fist, and an Accursed Crozius (Please?)

-Additional missions later on.

-The ability to play as your own space marine/chaos marine in campaign after completing it.

-The ability to play as chaos in the upcoming "Survival mode"

-Tyranids.

-Tau. I can't express how much I want to play as a World Eater and butcher my way through a hundred fire warriors.

How much of this will ever be done? Likely not much. I'm not holding my breath for anything except the most bare-bones Warhammer experience.

Edit: Fixed some wonderful errors.

More maps and balancing (I would hope) would be a given necessity. I have no doubts they'll fix both of those issues. That why no one has really mentioned it. I too would hope they'd take care of ptp issues. This is a wish list after all. If I have to wish for balancing and more maps then the game will lose it's playability fast!

Yeah see, that's a given problem in several games, the only reason people keep playing after is they're either masochists, think they're good, or because they have an addiction. Several games lack good map quality and balance.

Maybe a Sister of Battle skin for multiplayer, Chaos sister version for chaos marines.

Maybe an Eldar /Dark Eldar option for multiplayer as well.

No

Think you would have to wait for Space Marine 2 (if it ever appears) for a new race to come along...

I just want more maps, more armour (especially decent chaos armour) and new game modes.

Now that Exterminatus is out, I'd be very happy if they did another coop exterminatus campaign scenario, but for Chaos. You can even fight the orks if they want to be lazy. They already have Imperial Guard AI models in the game, and Chaos renegade models that weren't used in Exterminatus (only bloodletters and Chaos Marines were used). They also have loyalist AI Space Marines in the game, and they could use those as the opponents in the Chaos campaign's wave 21.

As for the vs multiplayer, I'd love to see a capture the flag game type. The flag could be represented as a banner on your backpack, like the ones you often see on sergeants, or a big one that you hold like a Standard Bearer. To make the gameplay work, you could make it that Assault Marines can't carry the flag (no room on their backpacks for one) and only tactical marines (or devatstators) can carry. Other classes must protect the runner. Assault marines would still be useful as quick assassins to kill the flag bearer.

Edit: Oh and for the love of god add dedicated servers to the PC version.

Still no Exterminatus. At this point, my DLC wishes include getting anything at all.

Do you have it on PC or console? The PC DLC came as an automatic update that added Exterminatus. If it's console, I'm not sure what's going on.

The superior console, of course. It's been out for PC and PS for a while now.

It's all moot, the DLC is active for the xbox now!

Now I have real DLC wishes:

- reduce health/toughness of 'ard boyz, and really, all enemies.

- more armor skins

- new weapon skins

The superior console, of course. It's been out for PC and PS for a while now.

It's all moot, the DLC is active for the xbox now!

Now I have real DLC wishes:

- reduce health/toughness of 'ard boyz, and really, all enemies.

- more armor skins

- new weapon skins

What makes the Xbox better, or were you being humorous?

Why do you want the baddies weaker?

It does feel much more intense than a PvP game, and goes for an extended time, so I do see a point for toning them down a bit.

+++

My DLC wishes?

Maps where Raptors don't just pwn.

Fly from behind cover, right next to target. Kill. If friends are about, kill them too.

And that's just one Raptor. If you have a whole gaggle of them, gah!

And why not have the Exterminatus maps available for PvP...?

Extra armour for laggers. Ping at X seconds, X armour increase. The amount of kills increase I get when people are on par with my connection, is impressive. Lets put it this way, I am overjoyed when I get a 12:4, which is a bit of a joke when others are getting 20+:4

Boo!

My DLC wishes?

Maps where Raptors don't just pwn.

Fly from behind cover, right next to target. Kill. If friends are about, kill them too.

And that's just one Raptor. If you have a whole gaggle of them, gah!

And why not have the Exterminatus maps available for PvP...?

Extra armour for laggers. Ping at X seconds, X armour increase. The amount of kills increase I get when people are on par with my connection, is impressive. Lets put it this way, I am overjoyed when I get a 12:4, which is a bit of a joke when others are getting 20+:4

Boo!

Total agreement about Exterminatus maps for PvP. And heck, even most of the tunnels in the campaign, why arent they in? You could make a really nice Space Hulk type map with all those passages. (which would put the breaks on Raptors ;) )

By the Ruinous Powers it's like they were listening to my mind! Those voices I hear aren't just my imagination! Almost everything I asked for has just been announced in that new DLC announcement. Not only are we getting a free Capture the Flag vs game mode, we're getting a Chaos Exterminatus campaign with what appear to be Imperial opponents!

Archived