Space Marine DLC wishes

Razblood

I'd like extra armour options such as robes and tabbards, for us DA and BT successors. The MkV Armour would be nice too. Maybe, and this is a long long LONG shot, have tac, assault and dev armour separate. Like Assault Marines get knives and things strapped to their armour while a dev might have access to the MkIII armour

I'd like extra armour options such as robes and tabbards, for us DA and BT successors. The MkV Armour would be nice too. Maybe, and this is a long long LONG shot, have tac, assault and dev armour separate. Like Assault Marines get knives and things strapped to their armour while a dev might have access to the MkIII armour

I would love this. I don't need anymore modes I just need more customization for my armors and as you said separate for the classes. I don't mind the devastators and tactical looking the same but the assault stinks! I can't change the jumpack or even the helmet on raptors.

I'd like to see a Librarian class (it would be relatively simple, you have your psychic powers as ranged weapon and instead of ammo you have 'psychic energy' that recharges), customizable chapter badges, the option to choose which shoulder your chapter badge is on (which'll make my Deathwatch skins look even better), armour effects (Night Lords and Alpha Legion especially) and Termy armour. Some new maps and game modes wouldn't hurt either. People that have been wanting Deathwatch skins, you just paint your armour black except for your left shoulder pad (with the chapter badge) and your right arm Mithril Silver. I usually paint the breast plate detail brazen brass. It isn't perfect but it looks pretty cool.

It would be nice to see the offical Deathwatch skull-star armor pieces, with the symbol of the Inquisition on the shoulderpad, etc. But among all the other cosmetic armor options, I'd especially like to see a few unhelmeted skins, and horned helmets for Chaos. They could even make them unlocks after level 40 or so, when new unlocks get pretty scarce.

Trophies would be nice if you actually have to earn then - ex: kill 500/1000 orks in one Exterminatus playthrough, get an Ork skull to hang on your belt. The cosmetic additions to weapons when you get weapons achievements are in this vein, but it would be a whole new level of awesome if you could, for example, have a trophy pike sticking out of your backpack with the burst helmets of your enemies piled atop it. Though they have to trim some of these ideas down, else it makes rolling around somewhat unbelievable.

It would be nice to see the offical Deathwatch skull-star armor pieces, with the symbol of the Inquisition on the shoulderpad, etc. But among all the other cosmetic armor options, I'd especially like to see a few unhelmeted skins, and horned helmets for Chaos. They could even make them unlocks after level 40 or so, when new unlocks get pretty scarce.

Trophies would be nice if you actually have to earn then - ex: kill 500/1000 orks in one Exterminatus playthrough, get an Ork skull to hang on your belt. The cosmetic additions to weapons when you get weapons achievements are in this vein, but it would be a whole new level of awesome if you could, for example, have a trophy pike sticking out of your backpack with the burst helmets of your enemies piled atop it. Though they have to trim some of these ideas down, else it makes rolling around somewhat unbelievable.

That would be awesome! (as in everything in that post. I would live that)

Kill streaks......... now that would be epic

call in a thunderhawk strafe run

call in a terminator squad for a 40-60sec tim window

a sterngaurd unit

or even like COD:MW3 with the specialst pack...after every x amount of kills you gain a perk, that'll be cool, say after 6 kills amd you're a tac marine you gain a specail ammo type of your choice before the game starts?

Tyranids def need to be added in somewhere, i agree with other peoples comments of adding loittle stuff to armour etc thats my 2p's worth

call in a terminator squad for a 40-60sec tim window

Yeah...no. Spawn camping is already bad enough in some games. Can you imagine what it would be like if you even spawned one, immobile Terminator? Thunderhawk strafing runs, though, in outdoor maps... Ehhhh... It would have to be the equivalent of the Orbital Bombardment in Dawn of War 2 - i.e., kill the first 40 guys yourself, then nuke the one last guy.

Single-player DLC would be nice - at a reasonable price. I've heard the rumor that they're NOT planning Space Marine 2, which is just utter bullshizzle given how they left us hanging at the end of this one. Somebody better at least publish a trilogy about Captain Titus and his imminent service in the Deathwatch.

EDIT

Not so much a DLC wish or an upgrade, but a fix. Change Blind Grenades to Smoke Grenades, for two reasons: one, Astartes-grade autosenses helmets really should be able to compensate for even the explosive light levels generated by a blind grenade. What are we, the Imperial Guard? Smoke is smoke, however. Two, the light explosion is really, REALLY annoying, and painful if you've been playing in a darkened room. Also the risk for photosensitive seizure. Change them to Smoke Grenades, where your screen fills with a bright (but not nearly as bright) smoke effect, which has the exact same function as Blind Grenades but isn't so crippling to the player's eyesight.

Game mechanics, you can deviate all matter of fluff or lore, but that wouldn't stop a stun to an Astarte or an Ork dying from Nurgle's Rot. As much as I hate Blind Grenades, changing one thing will lead to changing more things, and before you know it they'll kill SM like Epic killed GoW2 from all the patches.

At the least, be happy you didn't have a console which froze whenever someone spammed blind grenades.

Now that everyone is getting the EC/IW skins I feel like my EC skin not appealing anymore. Still using my Relic Bolter, but I'm going to start using my own colors again. Pre-Heresy World Eaters looks good with blood stains on the limbs and pauldrons. The Plague Marine look I got going looks fleshy and rusty, but I'm still trying to hammer that out.

A cosmetic change from a pure-white blinding screen to poofy gray smoke isn't on the same balancing level as, say, taking away half our grenades, which the developers just did of their own accord. If you're worried about the slippery slope of game changes, I'd say they're already trippin'.

A cosmetic change from a pure-white blinding screen to poofy gray smoke isn't on the same balancing level as, say, taking away half our grenades, which the developers just did of their own accord. If you're worried about the slippery slope of game changes, I'd say they're already trippin'.

I don't use grenade perks. Same with Final Vengeance. I think they're for noobs, and I try to use grenades sparingly. I don't see the Plasma Rifle, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, or the actual useful effects of the Assault or Tactical classes getting a nerf. I don't see this new patch effecting real players of this game, just people who have to use stupid **** to even squeeze kills out of.

Also, I want the DLC before monday. I'm leaving for ten days to go on a Christmas break back home, without my xbox.

They took away half of every player's grenades, even if you didn't take the Favor of the Armoury perk. Everybody used to get 2, now we only get 1 to start with. Now, this is actually a good thing for me, since I usually play a Heavy Bolter Devastator/Havoc, and grenade spam was a big killer. But now I'm basically unassailable if I can wedge myself into the right spot on a map. While I'm a big fan of forcing the enemy to play on my terms, maybe teach them a little about adapting to the battlefield, having two grenades made too much sense for Space Marines to take them out. Not only is it canonically more accurate (as in tabletop [circa 4th edition] you got a minimum of three grenades, or more likely, as many grenades as you needed for a given battle; in Deathwatch, you get three for free period), but now it's completely changed how grenades are used. I've seen a lot fewer instances of that Favor of the Armory + Master-Crafted Wargear combination. It's getting to the point where just the one grenade is almost useless against most enemies who can dodge or jump out of its area-of-effect. Same with Final Vengeance.

Against all of this, I'd say a cosmetic change that doesn't hurt my eyes so much pales in comparison. An autosenses helmet that can't compensate for bright light certainly shouldn't be able to compensate to see through Astartes-grade smoke. (I.e., the cloud scrambles infrared imaging, etc.)

Oh, and you should add the Plasma Cannon to the list of cheap noobish weapons. I've used that weapon all of three or four times, and I already got the 50 kills perk. (As a further note, the only reason I used it was to get the challenges.) If we're talking about the honor of the game, I think we're definitely in the minority. (Though if you ever want to play a bolters-and-blades-only game, look me up on Steam. I've wanted to a "classic" Space Marine game forever.)

• 3 weeks later...

I love to see an expansion featuring Terminators - maybe a Space Hulk themed set, ideally as an alternate Exterminatus mode.

Some short single-player additions would be cool, like little five-mission mini-campaigns, featuring Chaos or Deathwatch or even the Sisters of Battle. Should be really easy to do (apart from the Sisters, little or nothing is required in terms of new models), and I think they'd sell fast if they paced them out. If Relic plays their cards right, they could keep this game alive and kicking for a few years through DLC upgrades, and never have to throw money at a "real" sequel.

A Space Hulk mode (like Exterminatus, but with actual mission objectives) would be awesome. I'd even take it without Terminators, as long as we were fighting Orks or something. If they added in Tyranids, and we'd be going up against genestealers, THEN I'd want Terminator armor. Basically, a mode that's like Kill Team for the console, only with better graphics and awesomer weapons.

A Space Hulk mode (like Exterminatus, but with actual mission objectives) would be awesome. I'd even take it without Terminators, as long as we were fighting Orks or something. If they added in Tyranids, and we'd be going up against genestealers, THEN I'd want Terminator armor. Basically, a mode that's like Kill Team for the console, only with better graphics and awesomer weapons.

I second the call for a Space Hulk exterminatus mode. If they did it with Terminator armour, against Genestealers with a Tyranid as a boss, I would be a happy man. I'd even be happy if the Termintair armour is a reskin of PA marine with a storm bolter

One can only hope

Archived