Elmo's 1st, 2nd, 4th and 10th Companies

elmo

Looks like it was a popular selection....

I resisted till today (will power extreme) but just had to open the boxes to check out the possibilites with the new kits.

I can see great scope for magnets on the Talon/Nephilim ( I think I will be able to swap between both options in one model - just need to buy more magnets wallbash.gif )

The Termies are great and the RW have loads of extra bling for the other bikers I have not got around to building yet.

Life is too short - too much to paint!

Looks like it was a popular selection....

I resisted till today (will power extreme) but just had to open the boxes to check out the possibilites with the new kits.

I can see great scope for magnets on the Talon/Nephilim ( I think I will be able to swap between both options in one model - just need to buy more magnets wallbash.gif )

The Termies are great and the RW have loads of extra bling for the other bikers I have not got around to building yet.

Life is too short - too much to paint!

AGREED! Stupid need for gainful employment!

I have been trying to work out how to magnetize the Talon, I think you could either use a tin/metal plate or a sprue portion with magnet in it for the main nose gun. The under wing hard point may be a little tougher. How were you considering working on the fuselage components?

The RW has a bunch of bits I may try to swap into my battle company squads also, very neat bolt pistols and power weapons, and if you turned the Corvus hammers around, they might make interesting one handed thunder hammers (could possibly reconstruct the "beak" to something else).

I have been trying to work out how to magnetize the Talon, I think you could either use a tin/metal plate or a sprue portion with magnet in it for the main nose gun. The under wing hard point may be a little tougher. How were you considering working on the fuselage components?

I was going to go for sections of sprue with a magnet drilled in and a corrisponding magnet on the removeable weapon option for added strength.

The underwing nacells would just have the weapon mounting plate loose with a magnet fitted to the rear and a magnet in the nacell itself.

The fuselage I will need to think about a little more - at first I was not going to bother with the chapell bits as I don't really like them but on second thoughts it should not be too hard to magentise the sides as they just fit over the fuselage but the top would be a problem as you would have to swap between the two different top pieces (another piece of sprue perhaps?)

I was also going to go with the Angel tail fin as it looks "special" whistling.gif

Hope you can understand what I am getting at as it is hard to explain without photos. wallbash.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Latest model completed - enjoy yes.gif

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/039/d/8/interrogator_chaplain_seraphicus_by_elmo9141-d5u7xjh.jpg

Thanks Brothers :)

@ Artemid: I have to agree that in the photo the faceplate looks underwhelming but its better in the flesh ;)

Slow day today so I thought I would have a look on Army Builder at the actual WYSIWYG points level of my collection.

If I include all painted figures (1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th WIP and 10th Companies along with my specials [stormraven, Landspeeder Storm and soon to be Landraider Ares]) and the painting queue it comes out to a grand total of....

13,625 pts

I think I need to get a life ph34r.png whistlingW.gif

Slow day today so I thought I would have a look on Army Builder at the actual WYSIWYG points level of my collection.

If I include all painted figures (1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th WIP and 10th Companies along with my specials [stormraven, Landspeeder Storm and soon to be Landraider Ares]) and the painting queue it comes out to a grand total of....

13,625 pts

I think I need to get a life ph34r.png whistlingW.gif

Impressive! But unless Army Builder has come out with an update that I'm not aware of then that's the points under our old codex tongue.png

But still 13k points. And here I thought my buying habits were really bad. At least now when the Fiancee gets upset at me I can just say "well Elmo has more than me, why does he get it and I don't?!?!?!" tongue.png

Impressive! But unless Army Builder has come out with an update that I'm not aware of then that's the points under our old codex tongue.png

But still 13k points. And here I thought my buying habits were really bad. At least now when the Fiancee gets upset at me I can just say "well Elmo has more than me, why does he get it and I don't?!?!?!" tongue.png

Fair point - its not been updated yet - some stuff is cheaper but some stuff is more expensive (no Knights yet) so it is near enough.

By all means use me as a weapon against your fiancee wink.png

Good advice Elmo, it is your fault I collect too many 'geeks' too msn-wink.gif

Your chappie looks great, you need to write something on his left pad! Don't be scared, you can do it tongue.png

stobz

Thats me - always the one to blame.

I guess its cause I look guilty. Always stopped at customs too wallbash.gif

I did write something on the lh pad - "squiggle" laugh.png

• 1 month later...

Brother Librarian Eudaemon is attached to the Ravenwing and as such has
been allowed the honour of riding into combat mounted on a Ravenwing
bike.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/RWLIBBYmidsize_zps354f5a98.jpg

C&c welcome - as always smile.png

Well I haven't been around much as of late, and boy did I have some catching up to do...

Great stuff Elmo, great stuff... Both the Chaplain and the Libriarian look ace! The bike conversion is really effective... It appears that your DA force is slowly building up! tongue.png

I have used GW Skull white but I have changed to Vallejo White as you get more paint for less and it comes in a handy dropper bottle and I like the paint more.

I usually water down all my paints about 70% paint to 30% water and rely on multiple thin layers to get a smooth coverage.

• 3 months later...

Update with the new Ravenwing Command Squad from ETLII

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/186/6/e/rw_command_squad_by_elmo9141-d6c3tea.jpg

More individual photos Here

Archived