Undecided for a color scheme

Hey all.

I'm doing the scheme for my Sisters army Hexed Lichen/Royal Purple (VGC/GW) and Ivory....................the problem I'm having is deciding which should be the armor color.

Here are the two I have to choose from :

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn94/Milsim_Priest/Warhammer%2040k/sisterbeta2php.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn94/Milsim_Priest/Warhammer%2040k/sisterbeta1php.jpg

The Rhino's etc for this army is Purple, with Ivory on the doors, and front piece below the windows.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Runepriest

Your first choice is close to Privateer Press' Menoth faction. Take a gander at some of their painted figures to see how it may hold when an army is done in it. If the Rhinos are purple then the ivory armor will help provide a good contrast between the Sisters and their ride. If the accents and trim on the sisters are going to be white/silver then I feel that the first choice is more aesthetically pleasing. I have found that lighter color paint schemes are a bit more demanding on the painting table if you are going beyond three color.

Your second choice reminds me of the Witch Hunters codex cover with the red armored Sororitas with parchment sleeves and skirts. Scriptures and litanies along the sleeves and skirt would bring fear and adoration to the heart of any earstwhile Imperial citizen. Darker and bolder colors seem to work better with the common practice of hard/harsh highlights. If wanting to go a step above basic three color without placing too much time in the painting then I think the second option may be a quicker fix.

Both options look nice. You could always have Celestians or Seraphims as the other color to denote their higher status if you just can not decide. :) My own scheme is is a dark green and ivory.. Most of the force is dark green armor with ivory cloth, but each week I debate with myself on painting the newer squads in the reverse. Give us pictures when you decide!

Going to have to agree with the others on purple armor. Also you can try the purple armor AND robes with only the inside of the robes and detail work in the other color. It works surprisingly well.

Just as a play on this idea..... it might be really slick to have metallic purple armour with a flat purple for the cloth. Sort of a tone-on-tone approach...?

Archived