Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= B&C Facebook, Instagram and Twitter now live =][=

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures

Ok we were hoping to wait till the launch of the new software but the situation has changed some (in part to all the fake B&C fB pages out there....)

So in the future if you need info on the site if it is down, undergoing upgrades, people are at an event, whatever we will be making posts on these sites.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook....183326605076051

Or just search for The Bolter and Chainsword (Official).

Twitter (sadly the character limit makes our twitter name look ...... dumb):
https://twitter.com/BolterChainswrd

More info in the coming weeks on plans for the remainder of the year. Stay tuned.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

The Emperor's Champion

The Emperor's Champion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,712 posts
  • Chapter Name: ℧ltramarines (16,000? pts)

Ok we were hoping to wait till the launch of the new software but the situation has changed some (in part to all the fake B&C fB pages out there....)

I'd say "fake" is a fairly relative thing.
Not that we use it very often, but the B&C Ultramarines Facebook page is about as "real" as it could be. All the members are pretty much the UltraVets, and it's run by Seahawk and Brother Pariah, IIRC.

I do look forward to the B&C news stream merging into the one I actually pay better attention to (Facebook).
I'm still not sure what I think of Twitter....
"The ltramarines are the greatest of all Space Marine Chapters. From the dawn of the Imperium they have served the Emperor with loyalty and a ferocity that no others can match." "in faith and in valour they are unmatched." "The ltramarines are the exemplars of the Space Marines, the purest and noblest of all Adeptus Astartes." "Many hold the ltramarines to be the rightful heir not only of Guilliman, but of the Emperor himself." ~Games-Workshop
The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves,
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Muzza

Muzza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters
Thanks for the heads up. I've joined\follow\like whatever both now.

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,356 posts

I'd say "fake" is a fairly relative thing.
Not that we use it very often, but the B&C Ultramarines Facebook page is about as "real" as it could be. All the members are pretty much the UltraVets, and it's run by Seahawk and Brother Pariah, IIRC.

You have to stop assuming every time we bring up something like this, it is about "you and yours".

By fake we mean pages listing themselves as "The Bolter and Chainsword" and having ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH to do with us, by us, for us. Such as those asked about in this thread:

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=209364

and others like it that people have asked about in the past.

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

The Emperor's Champion

The Emperor's Champion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,712 posts
I don't mean to imply random unaffiliated stuff using our name doesn't exist, I was just sayin' that there's some stuff without the B&C's official seal of approval that may as well BE official.

Didn't seem like an out of place comment at the time...... :(
"The ltramarines are the greatest of all Space Marine Chapters. From the dawn of the Imperium they have served the Emperor with loyalty and a ferocity that no others can match." "in faith and in valour they are unmatched." "The ltramarines are the exemplars of the Space Marines, the purest and noblest of all Adeptus Astartes." "Many hold the ltramarines to be the rightful heir not only of Guilliman, but of the Emperor himself." ~Games-Workshop
The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves,

Zincite

Zincite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,958 posts
I offer general approval of new things related to the B&C.

And Kurgan, your new avatar is nice. The old one was creepy with its insane smile.

Thought for the day: Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind.

thade

thade

++ VELOX CLAMATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Chapter Name: Red Shields
I miss Kurgan's old avatar.

I'm very happy to see B&C have an official (defined as: the guys that own and run the actual site behind the wheel, i.e. not a fan page) Facebook presence.
QUOTE. In the book called "Core Rules". Page 14. Top Left Inset. In the chapter called "General Principles."
"Your responsibility isn't just to follow the rules, it's also to add your own ideas, drama and creativity to the game. Much of the appeal of this game lies in the freedom and open-endedness that this allows; it is in the spirit that the rules have been written."

QUOTE. Silent Requiem
"About my list; it is weak. But it fits me, and that counts for a lot more than any amount of mathammer."

The Emperor's Champion

The Emperor's Champion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,712 posts
Really? ;)
I'd take the B&C over what Facebook is capable of any day....

EDIT: Post ninjas making me look like I'm talking to myself.... :blink: :) ;)

Edited by The Emperor's Champion, 05 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

EchinosNoSeimei

EchinosNoSeimei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
Done and done!

I'm liking the FB page and Twitter account. I "Liked" the page and I'm stalking B&C on Twitter. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. ;D
Like clay, I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them.
They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear.

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,892 posts
More about exposure and networking than actual use :) Growing the user base and stuff!
  • TheLastHuzzah likes this
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Watcher in the Dark

Watcher in the Dark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,246 posts
  • Chapter Name: Steel Chargers

And Kurgan, your new avatar is nice. The old one was creepy with its insane smile.

Ewww no, it looks like Kurgan's avatar stepped in something.

Just kidding! (I'm a Bronco fan, we are awful)

Liking the expansion to other social media!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

"Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Mark Twain

Emperors Immortals

Emperors Immortals

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,487 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sable Claws.
Kurgan your avaotar look all deep and meaningful and wonderfully orange :-)

Glad there is a twitter feed, I refuse to use fakebook for anything and. Eagerly await its death.
/ / /

emperorsimmortals.png2w6rwqs.jpggallery2900493031545.pnggallery_29004_9303_1940.png

forte @ Sep 26 2012, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'd rather be captured by Night Lords than even fight against Slaanesh Marines. 

Shh, no science. Only grim dark. 

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,356 posts
We haven't actually fired anything over Twitter just yet. Perhaps during Game Day.

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,892 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Do you folks not do retweets?

• Dragon24 likes this

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,356 posts
I admittedly don't use the Twitter that often. I guess if I used it more often we might.

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,356 posts
More details to follow but if you have Instagram, the B&C has one now as well.

https://www.instagra...and.chainsword/
  • Brother Aiwass likes this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,184 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN [STORM]
Was just about to ask if this was an actual official thing or not... glad to see it's not an impostor. :)

tn_gallery_78067_12186_5335.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_74708.pnggallery_78067_13866_16575.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_37954.png

VII Legion. Now, Forever, and Always.

Instagrymme

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,982 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Interesting.

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,644 posts

Officisl

Well, you tried.

But... Instagram? Dude, if you don't upload pictures of plastic food I'll be disappointed.
  • Reyner and shandwen like this

If you're using grimdark unironically you're part of the problem.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

what kind of content will be shared on the ig page? 

"Honor the Legion" - Common farewell of the Legion of the Iron Lion space marine chapter, children of the First.

k0EYErV.pngCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Brother Aiwass

Brother Aiwass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,717 posts
  • Chapter Name: [REDACTED]

Following.

• Deadlight likes this
gallery_33122_7839_9820.pnggallery_33122_7839_16895.pngheader-blog.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users