Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Many thanks, all. I just want to stress the main hardship of drawing this guy:

I hadn't realized at first, but as I went into the task of drawing Hashec full of ideas on how to warp his armor and make it super-ornate, something became clearer: Heinrich, he who converted most of his special characters to no end, had managed to make a very majestic lord out of the quite simple Termie Chaos Lord kit. When I noticed it, I was already drawing the chestplate, so it took me a bit of willpower to erase it and go for simplicity. It ended up paying off, I think, the end result is close to Heinrich's vision and the greatness of its mini version (or so I hope). He definitely looks like more than a "simple" Terminator, but Heinrich's feat of combining pretty regular parts to make this beast cannot be overstated :)

And now, a gift for a fellow who loves his World Eaters...plus the 16 other legions.

A while ago, I asked Jaspcat to put up a WE with shield and axe. And here he is:

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11-30151536_zpsd82c1652.jpg

To which I tried to do justice :)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/350/a/8/world_eaters___assault_marine_by_greyall-d8a40d8.jpg

Very fun to draw, in spite of the darn Jump Pack...

Next one...is eternal.

Hope you like him, guys. Many cheers =)

The curve of his left pauldron is pretty severe, and may or may not allow the arm to actually hold that shield.  But of course, the shield doesn't let you see that...what a coincidence ;)

It may or may not make sense for his entire left leg to be hidden behind the right.  Kinda depends.  I'm also not entirely sure the musculature of his upper arm makes sense.  That's a very pronounced tricep...

Anywho, very cool design, but I feel like you could embellished the shield just a tiny bit, like you did he ax.  

Oh, you have no idea, Kraut...it'll be my new baby...

I somehow wish you hadn't said that, because it'll be even harder to wait now ;) It should be obvious that I am soooo looking forward to seeing Lorimar rendered in your trademark style.

On a semi-related note, let me just point out that one of your pieces also appears in a recent post of mine about Khârn the Betrayer.

Is it wrong that I got a bigger kick out of the idea of the World Eaters deploying dropbearzerkers than the actual drawing (which is awesome, btw)? Having spent most of November rolling around Queensland, drop bears are my new "funny :cuss I like to think about."

Is it wrong that I got a bigger kick out of the idea of the World Eaters deploying dropbearzerkers than the actual drawing (which is awesome, btw)? Having spent most of November rolling around Queensland, drop bears are my new "funny :cuss I like to think about."

I'd be more scared of a gootchiba

I'd be more scared of a gootchiba

The hell is that? I thought you guys were speaking a different language there for a second.

Drop bears are the terror of the Outback, Depth. Dropping down from their perches high in the eucalyptus trees onto the heads of unsuspecting tourists to savagely attack them!!!! Oh the horror, the humanity!!!

...ahem... So you can totally see how it translates to the World Eaters.

A gootchiba is a story I tell little kids and was told by my old man that at night a gootchiba which is like a more humanoid yowie that steals little kids from there beds at night ;)

Don't you guys already have dingos?

Ahem

"DINGO ATE MAH BABY!!!"

Someone once said to me "but those kangaroos, Emu's and cute Platypus's aren't dangerous surely...?"

To which I replied "There's at least one case of an emu kicking someone to death (those raptor claws on their middle toe are deadly), Male platypus are poisonous...and in a contest between a Kangaroo and a 8-ton piece of metal moving at 80 km an hour with a bull-bar, the Kangaroo always wins. Always."

Heh, bit like the 41st millenium. "It is the Land Down Under, and there is only death"

So it's a country populated as a penal colony, where everything is evolved to kill people; wandering super venomous spiders, snakes, kicking birds and giant kicking rodents, "bears" that lure people in with cuteness to share their STD's, more snakes, sharks, dingos, crocs, snakes, snake eating centipedes, biblical swarms of insects, stinging duck-otter-things, jellyfish, and more snakes. Not to mention an enormous desert that apparently births fire-nados.

Then its status as a prison colony is removed, and the people there look around and say "Nah, I'm gonna stay! This place is awesome! Look at my tan! You don't see tans like this back in England boy! And crikey, look at the size of my beer!"

And that's why I don't pick fights with Aussies. I'll pick on Kiwis all day though devil.gif

Now draw something Greyall! Can't you see the natives are getting restless?

So it's a country populated as a penal colony, where everything is evolved to kill people; wandering super venomous spiders, snakes, kicking birds and giant kicking rodents, "bears" that lure people in with cuteness to share their STD's, more snakes, sharks, dingos, crocs, snakes, snake eating centipedes, biblical swarms of insects, stinging duck-otter-things, jellyfish, and more snakes.  Not to mention an enormous desert that apparently births fire-nados.

Then its status as a prison colony is removed, and the people there look around and say "Nah, I'm gonna stay!  This place is awesome!  Look at my tan!  You don't see tans like this back in England boy!  And crikey, look at the size of my beer!"

And that's why I don't pick fights with Aussies.  I'll pick on Kiwis all day though :devil:

Now draw something Greyall!  Can't you see the natives are getting restless?

I was about to comment how Australia seemed to be the model for most Death Worlds :P something like 8 of 11 poisonous snakes live there and such.

But anyway...we need more bread and circuses Greyall!!!

Well, you're asking for it the wrong way, mates. I love reading about Australia's ecosystem and how it's the blueprint for a natural planetary immune system against aliens. But my favourite animal's missing: the saltwater croc.

On drawings: this next one will take a while, the conversion winner is halfway done but its foe is on the gigantic side.

Archived