Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

I'm Surprised you chose Melta Guns on this suit instead of going all-in and giving him 2 Heavy Flamers so Salamanders it to the max!

...Then again, its not a legal option so I see why tongue.png (even though they can take Normal Flamers but, who wants those?)

Glad you got rid of the Power Mittens.

@Hyena: My goal was to make it more like a Mega-Power Armour and less like a completely new design, lack of design connection is something I miss in the current Centurions (though there are obvious clues to the suit's origin).

@Slipstream: Those are Xy'zon-Pattern Melta Cannons. "Xy'zon" meaning - because I say so - "Horizon" in Nocturnean. As in, once you fire those, you see what's on the other side of the target.

On one side, it looks badass. On the other, it looks more like a heavily altered Mk I Saturnyne, than a ...*retch*....Centurion.

That's exactly it, he looks like an ancient, less common Termie variant, instead of the laughable pointlessness that is the Centurion.

You can be excited, if I manage to finish my plan for your chap. Challenging little thing...

Of course there can be only one crotch dragon, it's one of Vulkan's artifacts. Though, for some reason, He'stan hás yet to claim it

You can be excited, if I manage to finish my plan for your chap. Challenging little thing...

Of course there can be only one crotch dragon, it's one of Vulkan's artifacts. Though, for some reason, He'stan hás yet to claim it

I think I managed to miss the infamous crotch dragon.

Looking forward to seeing what you have coming Gretall, in particular if any Thousand Sons show up.

Someone, somewhere, has had a light bulb appear over their head with that image. I hope there's at least one effort to turn that into a model because it looks much better than the GW version.

I did say at the time doing an Outrider bike would be a challenge msn-wink.gif I'm sure you're up to it, though.

I second this!!!

• 3 months later...

So, how do you take difficulty to the next level?

Example A: "Damn, why did I agree to drawing damned bike-riding Marines? Now I have to do a bike with frigging bolters on its sides. Oh, wait, I know what can soften this? How about I add some

gallery_59572_5963_969374.jpg

And now to do an A3 for the grand winner. Because pain is addictive...

Man, I missed this =)

Looks like you had some real trouble with the pauldrons.  That's not a power-armor-friendly pose.

You took on a helluva challenge here.  Mostly, your problems are just line-art problems: a whole lot going on without shadow or color to break up the shapes.  The rear bolter seems to be a wee bit off in the angle, and the coil thingy on the hood is slightly off center.  Something about the decapitated bug's belly is annoying me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Fantastic detail on the big bug in particular, and of course kudos for continuing your crusade on perspective.  You're getting better at it. :tu:

That was quite the challenge you set yourself there, comes off very well though.

One of the problems with line drawing with such a large creature taking up the background is that the subject, in this case your great Outrider, almost gets lost in it.

Stunning detail as ever.

AWESOME TYRANIDS ! And the marine on the bike is nice, too.

Have to agree that the pose is difficult for incorporating the pauldrons. And while we are nitpicking...maybe he should keep one hand on the controls? But then it is Rule of Cool, after all!

Looking great. I just think the direction of the blood spatter and the position of the decapitated gaunt is wrong. I cannot figure out how the marine executed the slash. You might also consider giving him at least one free hand for steering.

BTW where have I seen the one-headed bird symbol before?

Thanks, everyone, valid points aplenty, be they positive or not. Of course, lado of colour Always plays a part in these Crowded scenes, making details and even figures less noticeable. As to The charácter himself, he's presented as in mini form, with both a sword and shield. No hand on the handle shouldn't be a surprise to any 40k fan :p The biker is decapitating the nid with a passing-by, backwards strike. It's not the most evident, but it works better in terms of pose and sense of speed.

Edit: The part about hands on the handle was not only badly written, it also came out Harsh. Apologies and tone-corrected.

Greyall, you continue to impress and deliver, even when the subject material is extremely difficult and mind-bending to turn into 2d art form. Well done, and thank you smile.png I've shown the piece to a few friends and they instantly recognised the base mini. Was really chuffed and very proud. I know it must have been a pain at times. I really like the Tyranids - never seen you do 'organic' looking Xenos before and they really stand out well. If I ever redo Arkhan (the biker captain) I will base the pose off this art piece, for sure. I love the pose and it works much better than the static pose in the original model.

Also worth mentioning that the tiny details you added to the Outrider bike, like the forward headlights and the topside vent, really help to break up the space and create a much more interesting variant on the Outrider chassis. Definitely something to consider emulating if/when I redo the model (I'm talking myself into this one...) I also really like how you picked up so many of the details on the original model, like the animal tail attached to the handlebars.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the great work smile.png

Arkhan

Edit: Not intended to shift the focus away from Greyall's work, but just thought I'd include the base model here so people can see how he improved on the original:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/Mjolnir771/Arkhanbikemontagewshield_zps055a5c6d.png

Greyall, you continue to impress and deliver, even when the subject material is extremely difficult and mind-bending to turn into 2d art form. Well done, and thank you smile.png I've shown the piece to a few friends and they instantly recognised the base mini. Was really chuffed and very proud. I know it must have been a pain at times. I really like the Tyranids - never seen you do 'organic' looking Xenos before and they really stand out well. If I ever redo Arkhan (the biker captain) I will base the pose off this art piece, for sure. I love the pose and it works much better than the static pose in the original model.

Also worth mentioning that the tiny details you added to the Outrider bike, like the forward headlights and the topside vent, really help to break up the space and create a much more interesting variant on the Outrider chassis. Definitely something to consider emulating if/when I redo the model (I'm talking myself into this one...) I also really like how you picked up so many of the details on the original model, like the animal tail attached to the handlebars.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the great work smile.png

Arkhan

Edit: Not intended to shift the focus away from Greyall's work, but just thought I'd include the base model here so people can see how he improved on the original:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/Mjolnir771/Arkhanbikemontagewshield_zps055a5c6d.png

Actually i hate bikes.....actually i love the model....now I am confused...

Hey, everyone.

When a drawing doesn't go quite according to plan, it tends to stick to the walls of my pride and itch like hell. Case in point, this lord of 'meh':

http://pre08.deviantart.net/56bd/th/pre/i/2013/037/7/1/dark_angels___alanqar_termaine_by_greyall-d5u0vap.jpg

This could not pass. So, hammer and blowtorch in hand, here's the new Alanqar Termaine, The Huntsman:

http://img01.deviantart.net/aff7/i/2015/301/b/e/alanqar_termaine__the_huntsman___revisited_by_greyall-d9epyhm.jpg

Now with added everything, but I'm especially proud of the mini-cerberus laser. Also, his axe is an hommage to [Marvel's] Thor's axe, Jarnbjorn.

Hope you like it. One more quick drawing (almost done) and I'll get to work on the last prize for the conversion contest.

Cheers =)

Archived