Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Nice take on the Lion, I love your armour designs, especially Jonson's right shoulder pauldron. I always had a thing for these little details that are too fickle or simply too small to be represented on actual tabletop-sized minis.

Oh, and I have made my choice: Can't get away from the Emperor's Children, so how about Julius Kaesoron, Heresy-Era First Captain of Fulgrim's Legion?

As the EC were known for overly ornate armour and stuff I'd like to see your take on him, all elegant but beefed up in a sweet and proud moment of victory, sporting his terminator armour with double lightning claws and smiling a simple manic/chaotic/arrogant smile? Maybe a mix of chaotic-slaaneshi and imperial style as you did with Curze's neck piece.

In (maybe not so) simple words: A hero on the height of his powers but just on the brink of becoming a crazy maniac. I said I'd come up with a challenge ^^

Since there is almost zero artwork on him I guess you can let your imagination do all the detail work :P

Glad to hear from you, Engelhardt...

Hm...that's a challenge for sure. So I'm to draw him right at the time of his fall, before his armour gets too warped, right?

This will be very, very interesting. Thank you so much, mate, for the great choice. Cheers.

Well, I like how my first attempt at Jonson went:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/356/b/b/lion_el_jonson_by_greyall-d2wbayy.jpg

It's safe to say it tends more to the ornate side of things and, frankly, him being the King of Caliban, I can't envision a monarch wearing more plainish armour. Still, he is very devoted to his duties, first and foremost so, without promising anything, I think my next attempt might focus more on the knight side of things.

Cool stuff sort of looks like arthus from warcraft.

Thanks, everyone. I keep having some doubts about Curze, bu---

*Goddamit, 'Thepsis, that gif is mesmerizing*

Anyways...Captain Semper, stay tuned this afternoon, a certain archaic marine is ready for delivery.

Sorry about the double post, but here's Captain Semper's gift:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/038/4/4/consecrators_assault_captain_by_greyall-d4oycfw.jpg

As you might or not know, the good Captain helped me with the Greek writing in my Asterion Moloc depiction.

He asked for an Assault Captain of the Consecrators, one of the Dark Angels' successors Chapters - [link] These guys have been granted some the former Legion's best artificer armours.

Semper wanted a character who looked both archaic and ruthless. He gave me a choice between Mk.2 and Mk.5. I chose the first. While Mk.5 (my favourite of the two, as well as Semper's) is outright badass and ruthless, it also is more 'cliché' in both those senses. I wanted to make this Captain more of an 'unstoppable force', an impersonal killer of the Chapter's antiquity. In terms of facelessness and impersonalization, Mk2, with its robotic style, is king.

Now, ruthlessness is not something the Unforgiven Chapters outright convey, so this guy had to show it in acceptable ways, namely through a few skulls (Unforgiven carry those around), and trophies taken from Fallen Dark Angels, such as bones and that cloaked skull up there. Hey, he just told the Chapter Master the scum fought back.

I'm very proud of this guy. Sure, there are issues with perspective here and there, but it came off nicely, all things considered. And he was a blast to draw.

Cheers, everyone, now on to Dorn.

Greyall this is beyond anything I had hoped for! You are truly talented person! Maybe im biased but this guy is better imo that your NL raptror! And this is saying something! And in retrospect it was a good choice to do him in Mk2 instead of Mk5. Your whole justification makes a lot of sense! This is going to be my next painting project!

Thank you Greyall! This is just awesome!

Greyall, that Consecrator is fantastic. The lion decorated axe is a nice subtle touch.

Semper - you better get to work on the conversation for this guy to add to your Consecrator force.

I think going with Mk.2 was a good call by both of you. I also think the skulls are a nice touch; they really enforce the executioner or head-taker aspect of this guy. The engraving on the axe and the chipped blade are also really nice touches.

Can't wait to see Dorn. I'm really curious to see what you're going to give him, weapon-wise.

:) :) :(

Pure awesomness!

Man, you're really awesome! Are you a game designer? If not, I think you should be, your art will help make the greatest 40k game ever!

Oh, and by the way, what is required to make a request? I might have an idea ;)

Actually, I'm going for something more obvious, as far as close combat goes. Firepower will be something along the lines of my previous depiction of Dorn, but more elaborate.

He's not the size of Russ anymore (I was making an almost exact duplicate of the Wolf Lord, pose-wise)...he isn't any size at all, right now, I can't draw a pose I like (and need, the melee weapon must be at a certain angle). Gah...

Actually, I'm going for something more obvious, as far as close combat goes. Firepower will be something along the lines of my previous depiction of Dorn, but more elaborate.

He's not the size of Russ anymore (I was making an almost exact duplicate of the Wolf Lord, pose-wise)...he isn't any size at all, right now, I can't draw a pose I like (and need, the melee weapon must be at a certain angle). Gah...

Well he is the Emperors Preatorian and a Master of Defensives. You should try for something that states "I'm here and if you can get to me you will still die because you are not good enough to bet me much less even hurt me!"

Oh man, I've just gone through all of these and I bloody love them. When my painting skills are better I might have to do some display models inspired by them... Particularly that one Khorne terminator and his shield...

Hell, you should do art and fluff for edition 6. That'd be an awesome revival for the Space Marines.

Archived