Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

How do you do that, change a thread title?

Sorry if that sounds rude, I can hardly speak because my jaw has dropped so far.

Edit the original post (if your post is the OP) and then select the 'Use Full Editor' button. You'll then be taken to a page where you can edit the topic title and the topic tags, as well as the post content.

Hope that helps. ;)

Well then, my 'tonight' has just dawned, it seems. Anywho, here's my second attempt at MkI Terminator, with great thanks to our B&C brother Jokaero Weaponsmith and the inspiration provided by his MkI Iron Hands thread (been dormant for a while, though :()

Roll it, boys:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/101/b/8/mjuron_vvarkhor__the_drowned_by_greyall-d7dznez.jpg

“Sons of Horus? Where I come from you don’t gloat about being the son of a bastard.”
Mjuron Vvarkhor, The Isstvan III Atrocity

He recognized the pup.
Sarul, aye?’,
Vvarkhor growled while deflecting the axe. This one was fast, vicious and aching to prove himself. He’d fight with only his teeth, if it came to it. Good, they had something in common.
‘This is a new one, one of Angron’s butchers that talks during combat’, the Son of Horus mocked, ‘Are you going to recall the time we fought together, is it? Make me shed a tear?’
Vvarkhor bark-laughed, a second before the Nails kicked in. His sight went dark red, his thoughts burned inside his brain and in the next moment he was launching himself at the Justaerin with a roar. The traitor shook his head in contempt before bringing his combi-bolter up. He should’ve made the shooting first, but some still took the MKI’s bulk for sluggishness.
Vvarkhor’s right thumbclaw entered right above Sarul’s collarbone, while the other two went around the traitor’s head, severing cables.
The Justaerin gasped both out of pain and half-feigned shock. He came face to face – too literally for his own good – with one of the earliest Lightning Claw designs, one made to wreck bulkheads and heavy vehicle systems. One equipped with palm-mounted Yggdrasil-pattern drills. As the sound of flesh, ceramite and bone being pasted filled his hears, Vvarkhor roared, a horrid distortion of his hearty laughter. He kept roaring as his other claw dismembered and disembowelled Catavak Sarul.
He finally managed to laugh when he started charging the three Heavy Support Squads that took aim at him…

It’s a well-known fact that, for some of the World Eaters Legion, the implantation of the Nails changed little of them. Yet there are two sides to this. While for some their inherent aggression and bellicosity was already great and ever-present, for others, like Captain Khârn of the 8th Company and Mjuron Vvarkhor of the 43rd, it was the dichotomy of their behaviour on the battlefield and outside of it that changed little with the hellish procedure Angron instituted among his sons. But while Khârn was a more serene soul, Mjuron Vvarkhor turned his frightening aggression into camaraderie, boisterousness and prowess at the table, causing some to say he should’ve been assigned to the Wolves, where his love for drinking and creating his own legend would’ve made him the new Primarch. The Drowned, the Eaters called him,
as much for his appetite for alcohol (especially the dark, bulky Sandman of Caliban) as for the time when an artillery shell threw him into a pit with all the corpses he’d made, to be dug up at the last second, already unconscious, his lungs filled with blood. Recruited from the hunter tribes of northern Europa, the Terran Vvarkhor could never fully come to trust Angron, though he had no qualms with his non-terran brothers. When Isstvan III came, chosen to die with the other loyalists, Mjuron fought with his Legion’s ferocity, but also the wrath that comes with being right in distrusting the one you should trust the most. His laughter, even as Lascannon and Multimelta shots left him a walking, burning carcass, would haunt his killers’ dreams for weeks after that.

Hope ye like it, lads. Now off to finish me Raven Guard Skinwalker.

This is simply amazing! I couldn't even decide which I like more, the art or the fluff msn-wink.gif

I especially love the fact that you gave him an Mk I Terminator armour. As it happens, your Imperial Fist in Mk I armour was what inspired my to try and kitbash a model for my World Eaters. Oh, and the faceplate on Vwarkhor just rocks!

Anyway, always a treat to see one of your pieces, especially if it deals with my favourite legion!

Wow that Terminator is pretty awesome sauce sir. Great detailing and overall proportion – I'm not a fan of the current 'shrunken arms' aesthetic in 40K art – so glad you haven't fallen into that trap.

Cheers

I

Epic details on this one Greyall. I love the fluff you write, after seeing the character you make the whole drawing come alive with their story.

I like the three claws on each hand, as it makes him look beastly, and not so human-like for a crazed super soilder thats a huge intimatation factor, and it looks beautiful on him. The shoulder armor is wickedly awesome. I wish they made that style to purchase for the table top. The one thing I feel this piece would need is spike tipped boots. The spike accents flow downward in a perfect way but end lacking in the boot region. Keep up the epic work brother. And thanks for gracing us with this new addition. :)

To paraphrase Tony Stark "I want one!" happy.png I really love the fluff piece, as it shows that even the Loyalist portion of the World Eaters are as brutal as their trecherous brethren happy.png

Vvarkhor is a Bad Ass! happy.png

Ran out of likes.

Many thanks, brothers. The lightning claws were intended to look more utilitarian, to look like they started as a tool - perhaps in a less 'cutty' version, originaly.

I wanted Mjuron to look 'cleanish', to give that false 'Tidy Soldier of the Imperium' feel the early War Hounds and 'Eaters had, all the while being bloodthirsty on the battlefield, so the spikes were kept small and few (though the boots could indeed have used a bit more edging). Unfortunately, Vvarkhor couldn't help himself, ripped a banner from a Fellglaive and combined it with a few skulls of his 'making' and a wooden pole. That's the dichotomy I was aiming for.

In his fight with the Son of Horus he refers to a previous joint effort by the two Legions. That's where he got the 'Maw & Eye' honour that's adorning his left pauldron.

Again, all the thanks. Glad to be of service ;)

Magnificent.  Truly makes the Mk1 terminator armor look worthy of the Space Marines.  I smile every time I see a new subtitle on your thread, because it means I get to see another awesome illustration from you, Greyall.

Two niggling things: The War Hound heraldry on the shoulder pauldron looks under-detailed, especially contrasting with the amazing eagle and Legion emblem below it.  This probably just comes down to taste, though.  :)  The second is the skull on the chain directly in front of the eagle head on the banner is light, looks like it wasn't fully outlined.  Doesn't hurt anything, just looks a little odd.

@Zephyr: It's just the War Hounds symbol, it's not heraldry. And aye, I forgot about that chain, guess that proves your point about needing to be outlined :D

Again, many many thanks, everyone.

The Skinwalker had to be started anew. I had a drawing of one underway, about halfway done, but it was very different from what I envisioned for the concept right now, so I didn't know where to pick up. Also the pose was a little 'meh'. New one's already picking speed, will try and bring it before Heathens dies of old age ;)

You may want to hurry then :p

You need to stop drawing MK 1 terminators, you've made it my favorite terminator suit. This puts me in a rough situation as there is no up to date model for one and converting one is very involved. Why you gotta complicate things?!

Seriously though, the loyalist world eater is awesome, as is his fluff :D

Awesome piece. It's entirely your fault why I adore Mk I Terminator plate, and I love you for it. Totally stoked to see the Skinwalker.

New one's already picking speed, will try and bring it before Heathens dies of old age msn-wink.gif

You can make it up to me by drawing Dragoon-Captain Phelan Mahdra. msn-wink.gif

You may want to hurry then tongue.png

No one asked you. Now get the hell off my lawn, and pull up your pants. :P

Archived