Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Thirst, just the man I wanted to see. It's not too early for you to start sending me your material for you drawing. Remember, you get either a character or the Chapter's coat-of-arms (your choice). Choose and send me a PM with all your wishes.

Cheers, everyone, thanks a bunch for all the comments and views =)

@Brutus: Thanks, mate =)

@Thirst: Read it, loved it. Will jump onto it soon as I'm done with Octa's. Should be a little while, but not too long.

@Heathens: Awesomesauce that one is. Actually, it's not that similar, Special Issue Ammo's Terminator doesn't have that protection plate, and the tip of the cannon (forgot the name) is squarish. His inspiration came from a real-life rifle. But man, that is a sweet model, such dakka.

I'm guessing his inspiration comes from either a Barrett .50 or an Anzio Ironworks 20mm. They have similar-ish muzzle brakes (which is I think the word you're looking for, my friend msn-wink.gif).

Thanks, mate, I kept thinking of 'fuzzie' for some reason...

You nailed it on the gun, it's a Berret XM109

http://www.imfdb.org/images/b/bd/SoldierTech_XM109-2.jpg

Ah, baby-blue rounds...Just like they do them in Ultramar...

Thank you! I wanted something different than a cyclone launcher, thus an anti-tank gun, lol. I used the old 57mm as my inspiration. It's always cool when great minds think alike.

Truth be told, I like your guy's version better. thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to what you come up with next, greyall!

I'm guessing his inspiration comes from either a Barrett .50 or an Anzio Ironworks 20mm. They have similar-ish muzzle brakes (which is I think the word you're looking for, my friend msn-wink.gif).

Thanks, mate, I kept thinking of 'fuzzie' for some reason...

You nailed it on the gun, it's a Berret XM109

http://www.imfdb.org/images/b/bd/SoldierTech_XM109-2.jpg

Ah, baby-blue rounds...Just like they do them in Ultramar...

I hope they don't use those same rounds in Ultramar.... the ones in the pictures are for training use. ;)

Hi, everybody.

Octavius Vulg's prize is ready. Say hello to the Stone Hearts.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/101/1/0/stone_hearts_by_greyall-d6197k0.jpg

A little explanation. The Rogue Trader and the Marine are childhood friends, since her father was the one who saved the Stone Hearts when they nearly went out of supplies due to a little argument with the Mechanicus. She ended up killing her father after he went trigger-happy (and I mean really happy) on various occasions. That went against the Marine's values and things have got a little colder between them, but he remained her bodyguard and his Company her fleet's protectors. I was asked to convey this troubled relationship in this piece and it proved the biggest challenge.

I tried a few more dynamic poses, but it looked awkward, since danger (the heat of the action) tends to unite people, not show the problems in their relationships. So stoic pose it was. I had the Marine turn his face away from the Rogue Trader, which both reinforces his commitment to duty and the fact that he currently has a hard time facing her. However, since no doubts were to be left as to his true allegiance (her), I had the bolter arm up, as if embracing her or shielding her from danger.

The symbol was pretty simple, Octavulg said the Stone Hearts liked hunting icons, like bears and stags.

Also, Octav, I hope you like the heraldry. Hers is on her left shoulder, it's the same as the one on the Marine's knee.

Next...Angels! And Templars! Angelic Templars, actually.

Beautiful work as always. One quick question, whats up with the stag shadow behind the RT and on the Marines cloak? Just a part of the cloak and my eyes are deceiving me?

As soon as I saw the Marines antlers I immediately thought of the new show Hannibal. When I watch it tonight Ill have visions of Astartes with antlers. Thanks a lot Greyall. woot.gif

Pretty comprehensively bad ass.  It took my a minute to find something to nitpick, but I found one ;)  The mouth on the bear's face in the Chapter symbol stops short at some sort of weird looking pout, rather than going a but further back along the muzzle.  Unless you wanted a pouty bear to balance against his angry brothers :D

Still, it's among the very best works you've shown so far though. :tu:

Thanks a lot, guys. Pretty happy with this guy too.

@Fire: There are a few more targets for criticism, eheh. Especially the revolver, it's not that well drawn.

Strange, I thought someone would mention she's too small in comparison to the Marine. I like the idea of gigantic humans, it must be hard for the regular folk's eyes and brain to process superfast movement in such a large "beast". And that's just awesome.

Thanks a lot, guys. Pretty happy with this guy too.

@Fire: There are a few more targets for criticism, eheh. Especially the revolver, it's not that well drawn.

Strange, I thought someone would mention she's too small in comparison to the Marine. I like the idea of gigantic humans, it must be hard for the regular folk's eyes and brain to process superfast movement in such a large "beast". And that's just awesome.

I actually like the revolver. And I think the size is spot on. Thats just personal taste though.

Very nice work indeed. Someone who knows how needs to colour in the header and give it to Octavulg to put it at the top of the IA article, it's gorgeous!

Question: Did Octy ask for the antlers on the helm? I like them but in some ways I pictured the Stone Hearts as slightly more pragmatic than fancy? Maybe that's just me, they're certainly rich enough to have all the artificing they want!

He did, though he told me to take them off if they looked goofy. It's a matter of taste, but I find, the antlers make the Marine even more menacing, especially combined with the rest of the armour and heraldry.

If I recall correctly, this guy, Tancred, is about the only Stone Heart with an antler-helm, since the stag is his heraldic beast.

The Stone Hearts are very pragmatic, but I think Octavulg didn't want them to be detached from their people's roots. Whereas Chapters like the Ultras civilized everyone and set up a sort of production line of Marines (not criticizing here), the Hearts preserved the barbaric tribes of the main planet, which means the Chapter doesn't have to raise a killing machine from tender age. Rather, they have to make them just pragmatic enough not to run straight at the foe. And give them an eye for business.

And another awesome picture! ^_^  And completed a lot sooner than I thought it would be as well.  Looking forward to DAT's prize ^_^

The Stone Hearts are very practical, indeed. But they also respect the awesomeness of having cool stuff on your helmet. Besides, they're probably detachable. tongue.png

I love it. There's only two objections I would have - I don't think she could actually lift that sword to hit someone with it, and her hat should have sides (right now it makes her look kind of like a flight attendant or a nurse).

But I love it. smile.png

I quite like the heraldry, too. The bear's expression looks stubborn, which seems appropriate. And the various knotwork interpretations of the heart are a concept I am totally stealing.

This is awesome, is what I'm getting at. smile.png

Archived