Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

That hammer? 10/10 would wield.

Seems like it would get stuck on the first thing it hits. laugh.png

No, no, it's got a warp field or some such, and it just picks up the first thing it touches, and that's part of the hammer now. XD

Seems like it would get stuck on the first thing it hits. laugh.png

No, no, it's got a warp field or some such, and it just picks up the first thing it touches, and that's part of the hammer now. XD

It's the Katamari Calamari!

Seems like it would get stuck on the first thing it hits. :lol:
It's the Katamari Calamari!

Why not Zoidberg?

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a new sketchy. This one's for Messor's DIY Chapter, the Alpha Hounds, a Chapter that has become sort of Mercenary-esque

Without further ado, here's Messor Bitterhand:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/224/2/a/messor_bitterhand___alpha_hounds_devastator_sgt_by_greyall-d7uw6dq.jpg

His story as told by his creator:

Messor Bitterhand- From a sparsly populated world hosting a small Alpha Hound supply base, Messor was actually named for the first Chapter Master. His tribe dealt freely and closely with the Hounds as often as they visited the world, and as honored and revered subjects of local legend, it was not uncommon for children to be named after those battle brothers whose names they learned. Messor was granted his tribal name after his first hunt, when elders noticed what austere relish he took in bringing down his prey. During the tribes very next encounter with the Hounds he was chosen as a candidate for recruitment. Living up to his name, Messor found a place among the Devastators, demonstarting great skill with the heavy bolter, though he developed a peculiar fondness for any Astartes grade firearm he could get his hands on. Upon promotion to sergeant he became well known for sewing chaos among the enemy in battle with squads using inferno ammunition  against enemy formations. After sixty years of service, he was seconded to the Legio. He still serves most frequently with Devastator squads, but from time to time has led scout sniper teams, to which his keen eyes lend themselves well.

------

I actually overlooked Messor's Surname and gave him a nasty power claw without knowing. You can imagine how delightful it was when I read he went by "Bitterhand". The heavy bolter is supposed to reflect the mercenary nature of the Chapter, both having to adapt to not getting much from the Mechanicum and having the resources to do so. The idea is that this Heavy Bolter, while being more maneuverable, is still too heavy to fire one-handed, so the Power Claw has a magnetic field specifically tailored to the Bolter's inner metal, making it much lighter and stable even while firing full auto. It'll still overheat and has a shorter range due to the shorter barrel, but it's perfect for boarding actions.

Next we get into Botanics, specifically how far an apple can fall from the tree (and decimate lots of other apples in the process).

Cheers, all.

Fantastic job, Greyall, he turned out perfect, from top to bottom! The broken chains, the snarling dog, the epic bolter, even the boots! Every detail is great; thanks for making this happen! Is it alright if this is used in the IA?

Fantastic job, Greyall, he turned out perfect, from top to bottom! The broken changes, the snarling dog, the epic bolter, even the boots! Every detail is great; thanks for making this happen! Is it alright if this is used in the IA?

Of course, mate, he's supposed to =)

Glad you liked him. And thanks, guys, I just like how well-rounded he seems.

@Jasp: I'd promised you a World Eater with an axe and shield, if memory calls, on the condition that you made a mini of it. We have a deal? :)

Some much subtler hash-marking techniques on this guy than I recall you using before.  Actually had to tilt my monitor to see them clearly :lol:

I like the design of the power fist's swooping fingers.  Something seems off about the front of that big honkin' gun, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it. The angles of the lenses on his back pack seem a bit wonky.  Yes, I had to look that hard to find something wrong, but it still counts :P

A good call leaving his right leg bare of detail, too.  Negative space, baby.  Not to be confused with negative waves.  Woof woof woof....

Solid work as ever Moriarty. ;)

Very nice work, brother. How much of a backlog do you have, by the way? I want to make a request but I'd rather not over burden you. 

You already have plenty of Redeemer artwork to choose from, you greedy greedy man :teehee:

By the throne, that's all kinds of cool. biggrin.png

I can't decide if the Custom Heavy Bolter or the Power Fist is my favourite bit.

On balance, I'm a bit torn, really.

One the one hand I like that drawing enough to sit here and gawp at it for minutes at a time, but on the other hand I'm totally jealous that none of my Chapters have yet made the 'to-draw list'. laugh.png

I'll just have to be vigilant for the next challenge, should such a thing happen again.

Or get much better at modelling/painting and try to get the same deal that Jasp's got!laugh.png

EDIT:

Purge the typo!

Suffer not the bad grammar to live!

This Messor Bitterhand is one bad censored.gif dude. At first I thought the hand cannon was a meltagun, but then I saw the bullet feed. That made it more interesting only because my imagination went into play with bolt shells in the air and this massive Alpha Hound gunning down all before him. Nice work Greyall!

Fantastic job, Greyall, he turned out perfect, from top to bottom! The broken changes, the snarling dog, the epic bolter, even the boots! Every detail is great; thanks for making this happen! Is it alright if this is used in the IA?

Of course, mate, he's supposed to =)

Glad you liked him. And thanks, guys, I just like how well-rounded he seems.

@Jasp: I'd promised you a World Eater with an axe and shield, if memory calls, on the condition that you made a mini of it. We have a deal? :)

Ohh we have a deal how does a screaming assault honour guard with raptor back pack eviscerator chain axe and gladiatorial shield sound or are we going bigger and better with terminator armour :D

Archived