Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Am I the only one who thinks the guardsman on the right looks like he should be in a Speed Racer episode, with the way his mouth looks?

'OhthemarineisveryshinyandmagnificentIcannotwaittoseehimkillthefoulxenosforthatiswhattheydoandthatiswhatIshouldbedoingbuttheydoitbetterandIwishtoseethatmyself OHHHHH!!!'

Goofy guardsman aside, the only thing bugging me is his wings. Something is wrong with the edges around the outline, the way it is defined 3 Dimensionally, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Also, why is his loin cloth moving forward? I think you may be getting a bit too liberal with those. msn-wink.gif

Oh well. Another beauty, and DAT seems happy enough. Not one of your best in my opinion though. rolleyes.gif

Really? I do think it's one of my best, that armour took an insane amount of patience and concentration, both of which I lack...

Aye, issues with perspective abound, but apart from the filigree on the vambraces looking strange, none bother me too much.

Thanks, everyone. So glad you like it, Thirst =)

Really? I do think it's one of my best, that armour took an insane amount of patience and concentration, both of which I lack.

I'm impossible to please, even with work far superior to my own. It's part of my charm cool.png

Holy Bling-tacular Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the detail in the armor. My only crit is the knee pad armor. I would have liked to see it angled from the middle out rather than flat. But what do I know. I have no artistic ablity so I live vicariously through those that do.

No, like the armor was amazing. It, and the face - especially the face, hence my emphasis - seemed to just fit in my mind of the Angels and Elsike. I don't think in pictures, with the mind's eye and all that. I think in more abstract form, ideas being the basis for everything else. When I saw the picture, and Elsike's expression - one of serene superiority - it just went perfectly with how I imagined the Angels of Adamantium

A cartwheel full of sorries, guys, thank you very much for the kind words. I'm currently working on DK2000's heraldry. But I'm learning how to draw on a tablet, so it may take a littlish. After that I'll (re)do a practice marine and then return to the other heraldries. Cheers, everyone, thank you so much, once again.

A cartwheel full of sorries, guys, thank you very much for the kind words. I'm currently working on DK2000's heraldry. But I'm learning how to draw on a tablet, so it may take a littlish. After that I'll (re)do a practice marine and then return to the other heraldries. Cheers, everyone, thank you so much, once again.

Looking forward to seeing it happy.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, everyone. Let's skip the part where I feel like xenos dung for taking this long to post.

Anyway, remember Mazad Vur'me, the Salamanders Librarian? http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/257/f/e/mazad_vur__me_by_greyall-d5epal7.jpg

Nice concept, but one of my weakest drawings.

This shall not stand...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/168/1/2/vur_me_reborn_by_greyall-d69ias6.jpg

Now, for all those due a Chapter Symbol...it's already being taken care of, muchos sorries for the delay.

Hope you like Vur'me's new look, mates. Cheers.

Much better :)  Line art fire and tedious levels of fine detail scales earns you good points.  The awkward crotch-dragon knocks a few off, though.  

The bottom right of the scale-hide-robe thing is messing with my eyes.  It seems impossible the way it is drawn, while the flowing scriptures and what appears to be a fire on his foot make the shape even harder to really wrap my head around.

Much better smile.png Line art fire and tedious levels of fine detail scales earns you good points. The awkward crotch-dragon knocks a few off, though.

I agree, he looks awesome. I don't mind the codpiece, but I think you should have left more of the helmet visible through/around the flames.

Awe yeah buddy!!woot.gif I love the look of this guy. The flames, the scales, and the flames... But i'm a sucker for dragon-like asartes. ( I imagine this guy with red, and black armor thou) But I've alway's liked your reptile themed marines since I saw your Devourers. thumbsup.gif Keep up the awesome work Greyall.

Good god Greyall. That is SICK!

I must admit, I'm pretty swollen with pride with this guy, it's definitely one of my best. Many thanks, mate.

Much better smile.png Line art fire and tedious levels of fine detail scales earns you good points. The awkward crotch-dragon knocks a few off, though.

The bottom right of the scale-hide-robe thing is messing with my eyes. It seems impossible the way it is drawn, while the flowing scriptures and what appears to be a fire on his foot make the shape even harder to really wrap my head around.

"Awkward crotch-dragon"...straight to the sig, mate =) The flames on his feet are armour deco, not "real" flames. His left leg is almost stretched to the back. As for the flow of kilts and scriptures, I take almost full liberties with that. I [usually] draw miniatures, not scenes, so I think in terms of "visual marketing". There are certain poses, details and "physics" that are more appealing to the eye, and I try to employ them as much as I can without sacrificing realism. Stretched mantles and capes, flowing scrolls, etc.

Sometimes I think about this straightforwardness of yours, Fire, and I've reached a verdict: it's public service, what you do, mate. Thank you.

I agree, he looks awesome. I don't mind the codpiece, but I think you should have left more of the helmet visible through/around the flames.

I was thinking the very same thing while drawing him, but sometimes that "urge" and "frustration" just add to the magic of the mini. Gracias, man.

Awe yeah buddy!!woot.gif I love the look of this guy. The flames, the scales, and the flames... But i'm a sucker for dragon-like asartes. ( I imagine this guy with red, and black armor thou) But I've alway's liked your reptile themed marines since I saw your Devourers. thumbsup.gif Keep up the awesome work Greyall.

Thanks, matey, every time I draw scales on power armour I remember your love for draconic astartes. And now I want to draw a Devourer.

Good Lord, this is dementia !

(not too fan of the scally face though, il breaks the lines, firebreathing is a cool idea though)

Cheerz frater, Be blessed by Rage

Aye, the scaled helm isn't too pleasing to the eye, but it is kind of "mandatory" for a guy who think's he's a Salamander-made-Superhuman.

Glad you like it, mate.

The bottom right of the scale-hide-robe thing is messing with my eyes. It seems impossible the way it is drawn, while the flowing scriptures and what appears to be a fire on his foot make the shape even harder to really wrap my head around.

"Awkward crotch-dragon"...straight to the sig, mate =) The flames on his feet are armour deco, not "real" flames. His left leg is almost stretched to the back. As for the flow of kilts and scriptures, I take almost full liberties with that. I [usually] draw miniatures, not scenes, so I think in terms of "visual marketing". There are certain poses, details and "physics" that are more appealing to the eye, and I try to employ them as much as I can without sacrificing realism. Stretched mantles and capes, flowing scrolls, etc.

Sometimes I think about this straightforwardness of yours, Fire, and I've reached a verdict: it's public service, what you do, mate. Thank you.

I'm always glad to knock my betters down a peg or two msn-wink.gif

Also, "The awkward crotch-dragon knocks a few off, though," quoted outside of context is...I'm not sure whether it's funny or scary. Scunny maybe? teehee.gif

It is a good remake. One point of note. It might be due to lack of usage concerning axes on my part, but doesn't it so close to the head end up sacrificing force for control? I mean, if I remember a project I did on them, they were made to sort of swing on their own so it just seems to me that if he were weilding two axes, he would just hold them closer to the bottom of the hadt to make it easier on himself and let the axes do what they were made to do. Not a biggie, just a personal curiosity.

Aye, but I dislike seeing the grip too close to the bottom, it doesn't convey the same sense of strength. Also, a higher grip means less innertia on the axe head and thus, more mobility/quicker and more controlled strikes.

Archived