Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

The top of his head seems a bit eggy, and the angles of his hood are a bit off.  The perspective on his spear is a bit off, too.  The rear blade should be shorter than the one in the foreground, or of equal length horizontally.

His overall shape seems oddly squat.

I quite like the dynamic-movement-hump of his cape.  I agree that it does lose a bit of p'zaz without those awesome orange colors, but it's still a good design, and you done good.

Hmmmm creepy I'm guessing noctuscornix corner entry to the mini comp especially as he's finished the chapter of the ruined king presently

Who said they're done? tongue.png

Excellent art piece, by the way, Greyall. Yet another spectacular work to add to your portfolio.

It's 'creepy' as in "Oh, the dog-face fellow bathing in the river of blood told me to carve you guys. But hey, that turkey was magnificent, Happy Thanksgiving!"

Thanks, all. This guy was going smoothly until I suddendly realized I didn't like his left leg's position. I kept feeling that way for four more attempts that almost carved a hole through the paper, but eventually settled for this pose, as much out of liking as due to imminent risk of losing the whole drawing at an advanced stage. My fault, I should settle for a pose and overall aspects before starting to give him cables and scrolls aplenty.

It's 'creepy' as in "Oh, the dog-face fellow bathing in the river of blood told me to carve you guys. But hey, that turkey was magnificent, Happy Thanksgiving!"

Thanks, all. This guy was going smoothly until I suddendly realized I didn't like his left leg's position. I kept feeling that way for four more attempts that almost carved a hole through the paper, but eventually settled for this pose, as much out of liking as due to imminent risk of losing the whole drawing at an advanced stage. My fault, I should settle for a pose and overall aspects before starting to give him cables and scrolls aplenty.

Happens to me all the time.  All the time.

Love, just epic amount of love for that Phoenix knight. the blade is awesome. I like how the flow of him just shows the amount of fury he has. I agree with Brother Chaplain Kage that someone should step up and color Captain Oberon of the Phoenix Knights. :)

• 3 weeks later...

First I apologize to answer this late, been very busy.

Second, I love the armor. Really, the knightly feeling you gave him was a really good choice.

The pose is excellent and focused on h2h combat, which make sense given he's handling a 2H weapon. I do not regret the loss of the stormbolter.

I also would like to see him coloured, but this drawing already pays tribute to the mini and I'm very proud that you dedicated your time and talent to draw Oberon.

Many thanks Greyall !

Archived