Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Ask and ye shall receive =)

Poom, mate, come get yours:

http://img11.deviantart.net/66f1/i/2015/125/0/8/horus_heresy___world_eaters_chaplain_by_greyall-d8sad5x.jpg

This is poom's Skull Champion:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Skullchampion104.jpg

It came out wellish, I think, a little more blingish, but I absolutely wanted to preserve the balance between the rawness of the WE and his status that Poom nailed spot-on.

Hope you like it, mates, now on to finish the current one.

Definitely captured the malevolence Poom's model has! thumbsup.gif

Good to see your work again! wub.png

Hahahahaa!

Mashed Terminator.  Awesome. :lol:

Some slightly confused perspective with the mace versus the character, but it's a step in the right direction.  The angles of the maul's spikes are a bit more awkward. The crinkled talons are kind weird.  There's no visible explanation for them in the pic, like some shallow gouges on the Champion's armor or something.  The most forward skull on his pauldron, the one with the cables coming out of the aw, looks really odd.  It looks flat like a decal or crest, but everything else around it is three dimensional.

That's all I got.  Keep up the good work :tu:

Absolutely brilliant! Plus it's a World Eater, which always translates to instant win in my book msn-wink.gif

I fear I have to agree with Firepower about the leftmost skull on the pauldron, though: Once you've noticed that, it's really hard to unsee...

But seriously, phenomenal work!

EDIT: Is that an allusion to the Night of the Wolf on his breastplate there? Interesting...

Absolutely brilliant! Plus it's a World Eater, which always translates to instant win in my book ;)

I fear I have to agree with Firepower about the leftmost skull on the pauldron, though: Once you've noticed that, it's really hard to unsee...

One must learn never to read firepowers comments unless it's directed at you. He has a knack for how shall I say it ,

Putting perfection in perspective. ;p

Absolutely brilliant! Plus it's a World Eater, which always translates to instant win in my book msn-wink.gif

One must learn never to read firepowers comments unless it's directed at you. He has a knack for how shall I say it ,

Putting perfection in perspective. ;p

And pointing out imperfect perspective. ;)

Hahahahaa!

Mashed Terminator. Awesome. laugh.png

Some slightly confused perspective with the mace versus the character, but it's a step in the right direction. The angles of the maul's spikes are a bit more awkward. The crinkled talons are kind weird. There's no visible explanation for them in the pic, like some shallow gouges on the Champion's armor or something. The most forward skull on his pauldron, the one with the cables coming out of the aw, looks really odd. It looks flat like a decal or crest, but everything else around it is three dimensional.

That's all I got. Keep up the good work thumbsup.gif

I don't fully agree. The Mace works as the second centre point - it's a classic trick to ensure that it 'pops'. Crinkled talons don't bother me, but to each their own and the front skull on the pauldron is flat on, but we can see the depth from where the cables join at the back. The only bit I find myself at odds with is the centre spike at the top of the chest plate - it seems to be pointing clearly downwards when it should be either pointing out at us or just off that line.

Anyway, semantics, great stuff.

Many thanks, everyone, always an honour to get such good critiques.

Perspective problems are the dish du jour with me, try as I might (and I do). And yes, the mace's spikes make me cringe, but I went berserk on giving them shadow and didn't notice the crooked perspective right away.

The smashed talons were meant to convey that the mace had hit them at some point during the battle.

On the flatskull issue, I think I had some volume-conveying lines on it, but maybe I erased them during the PS cleanup.

Danke all, once again =)

Right now I havê about three drawings -one of them in A3 - to do, so no gifts in the near future.

Oh, and the bas-relief on his chest is the battle on the planet of the worms that Khârn tells Angron when they first meet. Can't remember the name of the story.

WOuld really love to have a sketch of my Lord on Super Bike...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/12/k81a.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/854/f3as.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/204/img1329l.jpg

Preeeeeetttttyyyyyy plllllleeeeaaaasssseeeee.......

• 2 weeks later...

What does one have to do to get a custom Greyall drawing? Such amazing work.

Join those of us waiting and pray that your fingers are the fastest when the competitions come!

Hello.
If possible, I'd really like to have a sketch of my archivist Blood Angels.
Maybe you'd like something for services rendered?
If this is the case, do not hesitate to switch to MP.
Otherwise, I would thank you very much in.

Aub.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--ouAr14g0mE/VNeMk-pr9EI/AAAAAAAAABY/kmnxUfyoseM/s1600/DSC_0008.JPG

Brothers, when Greyall is open for commissions or willing to open another competition for a drawing, he'll let us know. Making requests, even in good spirit, will not make him get through his backlog quicker nor will they be added on to the end of the queue. First we must wait, then we allow Greyall to dictate the terms. The man has talent and far be it from me that we bombard him with a deluge of requests and ideas. 

Archived