Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Sorry for only replying now. Thanks, Olis, for saying the exact right thing in this situation.

Guys, no one has gotten any gift by just posting their minis here and asking...right now I have three drawings to finish, one of them in A3, and as little time as ever. I'll always keep drawing, but these days it's more paced. As Olis said, I'll open a new contest as soon as I can. Keep on truckin' :)

Sorry for only replying now. Thanks, Olis, for saying the exact right thing in this situation.

Guys, no one has gotten any gift by just posting their minis here and asking...right now I have three drawings to finish, one of them in A3, and as little time as ever. I'll always keep drawing, but these days it's more paced. As Olis said, I'll open a new contest as soon as I can. Keep on truckin' smile.png

I think folks got a little excited is all ;)

As ever I am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

• 3 weeks later...

Talent demands justice!

And if two examples of talent were long overdue their artsies, it was Brother Chaplain Kage and Hyaenidae. Witness now their Pre-Heresy Recon Marines:

gallery_59572_5963_563301.jpg

Hope you guys like it. A personal project is coming shortly, and it's back to rewards after that.

Cheers, brothers :)

They are being done =) Them two gentleman are on it already. It's not my concept, I've made these from BCK and Hyaenidae's conversions (or scratchbuilds, really)

I'll leave it to them to decide whether to show the minis or not, though.

The one on the left is a delight, but the one on the right is oddly flat. Moreover, while tiny hands make sense when you wrap a marine in Terminator or Power Armor, it doesn't make much sense given that you can see the size of their actual anatomy here. The right guy's super bulky body does not match up to the little baby hands holding his rifle.

I dunno if it was deliberate or not, but the guy on the right is a hulk compared to the guy on the left, which can confuse the perspective, given that the guy on the left is (obviously) in the foreground. However, the proportions are better on the left guy. Really, I think he's significantly better than his comrade overall, in design as well as execution. I quite like his gun, too.

Speaking of, while it makes perfect sense, having the rear guy's gun perfectly profile-facing the viewer is something I personally try to avoid. It makes for a very sudden, awkwardly flat space in the middle of an otherwise dynamic drawing. Again, it's not that it doesn't make any rational sense to have it profile-forward, but it's rather large shape, and right smack in the middle of the drawing, so my eye went straight to it, rather than the much more action-movie dynamics elsewhere.

That's all I got. Now give me more. :D

I mean, us. Give us more. whistlingW.gif

The guy on the right is my Firstborn, Dragoon-Captain Phelan Mahdra, from the In Memorium plog.

And yes, he's a massive dude. As a proto-astartes, his size and strength was pushed to the absolute unknown limits by the Emperor's first vivisectors, as they began their trial implants on the first Legionaire subjects.

He was overly-crafted, and it is quite painful.

I've already sent Greyall a long, winding love note, but I'll say it here too: It's a dream come true. Phelan looks stunning, and Vall is perfectly drawn. All my admiration, Greyall. 

I've already sent Greyall a long, winding love note, but I'll say it here too: It's a dream come true. Phelan looks stunning, and Vall is perfectly drawn. All my admiration, Greyall. 

There is no such thing as perfection.  That's why the BnC needs appreciates tolerates people like me ;)

His stature certainly fits your description, though.  Barring the baby hands. Suppose it's better than an awkward crotch-dragon, though.  :teehee:

There is no such thing as perfection. That's why the BnC needs appreciates tolerates people like me msn-wink.gif

I think that depends on if your criticism was asked for, or simply foisted upon the unsuspecting.

The big guy, Phelan Mahdra of Hyena's Iron Warriors, I already made the figure for. The other is my own character, Vall, who I don't have a figure for yet. I gave Greyall pics of Mahdra and a rough outline of Vall to see what he could come up with, and I think he did a great job on both. He went a completely different direction with the helmet than anything I had considered doing and I would like to see if I can replicate it, or come close. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a little personal project before getting on to Arkhan's boy:

http://img09.deviantart.net/8c88/i/2015/181/7/1/clee_scar_mang___salamanders_centurion_by_greyall-d8zf3bm.jpg

Clee Scar'mang, The Earthcarver

My take on the Centurion suit, and an hommage to Christopher Lee.

Hope you like it, guys. Now to draw an Outrider bike...you'll pay for that, Arkhan...

Sorta reminded me of a Megaman boss at first glance, for some reason.  Maybe the pose or the big thigh...hm.  :lol:

Aside from the mouth grill, I'm not seeing anything that really bugs me.  The grill just looks a tad off, most likely because of the tiny bit underneath being straight and level, while the rest curves upward.  Doesn't seem like something that's technically wrong, just a bit confusing to my eye.  It took me a second to realize the blank spot on the chest piece was flames.  I thought the scales were just flaking off.  Makes a lot more sense now that my brain caught up :teehee:

Anyway, good use of negative space on the left leg, and a solid design over all.  You've also got a knack for animals, and it's always fun to see that pop up. :)

Someone, somewhere, has had a light bulb appear over their head with that image. I hope there's at least one effort to turn that into a model because it looks much better than the GW version.

I did say at the time doing an Outrider bike would be a challenge ;) I'm sure you're up to it, though.

Someone, somewhere, has had a light bulb appear over their head with that image. I hope there's at least one effort to turn that into a model because it looks much better than the GW version.

Challenge accepted. cool.png

Definitely had a lightbulb moment. blink.png It might take me a while though but ill definitely give it a go. Now, off to buy some centurions and see whats what... wacko.png

Outstanding picture. Very inspiring from modeling point of view and distinctly missing the clunkyness of the models which look like they might topple over domino style with once decent shove. Has certainly captured a certain air of suitably savage badassery. One approves. biggrin.png

Cheers,

Arg

You know my love for all things draconic/ fire breathing lizards. So this one's superb. You've actually convinced me that the one set of models I do not have( Centurions) , I must get them just to attempt to make them as cool as this guy. At first I saw the left shoulder pad and it looks like a T-Rex and thought Devourer, but the Firedrake symbol swayed me to knowing it was a Salamander. Such a cool drawing :) 

On one side, it looks badass. On the other, it looks more like a heavily altered Mk I Saturnyne, than a ...*retch*....Centurion.

Whatev's. That helm is going into my 'To-Do' pile, I need to try to make that.  :D

Keep on keeping on, brother. Always a pleasure to see more of your work.

Archived