Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

In that sense, the Night Lord is becoming troublesome...I've been suggested that Zso Sahaal embodies the Legion's nature almost perfectly, but I also read that he's seen as a traitor for deserting the 1st Company. I could draw the Raptor lieutenant to Krieg Acerbus, but I'm afraid those guys seem too far lost...

Any help? I could simply draw a new character, or Lucoryphus, but he's pretty much an animal.

I'd say honestly skip or go back to the Night Lord later. Not only did the Raptors originate in the Night Lords, but what defines a "true" Night Lord is a debate that rages through fans of the Legion heatedly. You probably won't be able to make everyone happy there.

In that sense, the Night Lord is becoming troublesome...I've been suggested that Zso Sahaal embodies the Legion's nature almost perfectly, but I also read that he's seen as a traitor for deserting the 1st Company. I could draw the Raptor lieutenant to Krieg Acerbus, but I'm afraid those guys seem too far lost...

Any help? I could simply draw a new character, or Lucoryphus, but he's pretty much an animal.

Bats, nocturnal predators, skulls, The Punisher, Batman.

I simply ask that you don't do Zso Sahaal. He is not a son of the sunless world, he's a filthy Terran...

Honestly, each and every one of your 'evil, twisted, and mutated' marines you've drawn in the past has completley and totally blown my mind (The Blood Raven pic a while back comes to mind, lol), so that'd be my vote. Whether you choose a mutated, or 'pure', or in-between Night Lord Raptor-Lord though, I'm sure with your standard of drawing that he will rock socks.

Ah, right, the "Clever Girl" thing...I get stuck on acronyms, sorry...Thanks. =)

Going for full psycho on the Night Lord. All things considered, it does embody the Legion's nature. None of them were exactly sane.

Both drawings are amazing! Much like the OP I am not a big fan of Deathguard for the same reasons but the "fly" wings was a great touch!!! I look fwd for more. I dread to think how the Night Lords guy would look like! He should be the most scary of all... (...Space Marines in the Galaxy?) <_<

Regarding the Raptor cult, it is not incompatible with them being part of a Legion (and display Legion visual characterisitcs) no more that you can have non-World Eaters Berzerkes or non-DG Plague Marines and so on. Command structure and loyalties in Chaos Legions are by no means solid or straight forward.

Ah, right, the "Clever Girl" thing...I get stuck on acronyms, sorry...Thanks. =)

Going for full psycho on the Night Lord. All things considered, it does embody the Legion's nature. None of them were exactly sane.

Sorry, I work in Government. Acronyms are pretty much all I have going for me. :P

I always thought it would be good to have a character knows as 'The Lord of all Raptors' Originating from the Night Lords obviously, any assault unit who would be considered a deadly foe would go to train from this Night Lord , a rouge in his own right turning his back on his legion to better udnerstand the tactics of terror and fear, gifted by the chaos gods he is truly the lord of speed and death, any raptor from any legion may learn from him if he sees they are worthy, can count as renegades (like the chaos version of death watch) all paint themselfs Black (the colour of shadow) and retain their original shoulder heraldry.

Ladies and gents, Struthios, The Dragon - Aerial Executor of the Alpha Legion

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/290/a/c/struthios__the_dragon_by_greyall-d4d3lsl.jpg

When you think imbuing something with the spirit of the Alpha Legion, you think "stealthy". If that something is an armoured colossus powered by twin V8's with reactors, you'll probably laugh in despair.

Luckily, even the Alpha Legion needs guys who can have the job done. "You crazy stupid mofo", you'll say, "Every Alpha Legionnaire knows how to both think and act perfectly". Indeed, but Struthios here, he acts better than most. And he's tactically and operationally brilliant. When the Alpha Legion finally acts, he's the both the shock and the awe of that action, dealing with elite units alongside his Wyrmgrasp squad. After all, how good is a bloody plan if you don't bring sharpened knives to do it?

Struthios is actually so good at what he does that, while his malicious brethren are at work, he's free to pursue his lifelong passion: destroying all things avian. You can see Howling Griffons, Raven Guard and Raptors' trophies, a Dark Eldar Scourge's wing and, his biggest prize, the wings of Baharroth - one of his incarnations, of course (oh, and the phoenix lord's skin is stretched across the wings).

I think this one went well. He's scaly, he's clawy and he looks like he gets the job done - all Alpha Legion traits. On to the Night Lord...beware, he's a loud one, he is.

Gimme comments, people.

I like the alpha one very much, and he looks like demon princes should look, rather than silly winged beastmen!

Hope for a very traditional, uncorrupted look for the NL one, a kind of batman goes psycho (hellraiser level psycho).

After all, if there's one thing that's enstabilished firmly enough in NL lore, is that they really struggle to respect matated/gifted individuals, even within their own ranks. If ths is going to be a commander of sorts, just stick to plain old evil astartes.

I also hope the WE one wont be having bunny ears....

It is often the case with 40K that leaders are or are depicted as larger than rank and file soldiers, no matter how superhuman they are. That said, I really must work on scaling issues, be it with skulls, helmets, etc.

@NightGount: You have the gift of clairvoyance, brother. Worry not, all shall be as you wish.

Overall i really like this... Unfortunately I'm fixated on the liitle trophy heads - can't get over it ;).

Lightning Claws, Jump pack, Eldar wings/skin: awesome. Helmet though is a bit strange. The horns look a bit Tyranidy? That's minor though.

I look fwd for your new stuff!!!

Archived