Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Thanks a lot, guys. Pretty happy with this guy too.

@Fire: There are a few more targets for criticism, eheh. Especially the revolver, it's not that well drawn.

Strange, I thought someone would mention she's too small in comparison to the Marine. I like the idea of gigantic humans, it must be hard for the regular folk's eyes and brain to process superfast movement in such a large "beast". And that's just awesome.

Awww, it's no fun when you point out what i was gonna say before I say it. ;)  Though the only part of it I think is poorly done is the ammunition cylinder and lack of barrel definition along the bottom, everything else says "I'm a revolver." to me.  Only other thing that throws me is the bolt pistol.  Seems just a little out of scale compared to rest of the Marine, even with GW's "heroic scale" weaponry taken into account.  It's not hideous, but my eye "catches" on it every time I look at it.

And the size disparity doesn't seem strange to me.  Unless she's described as an Amazon, an average height human female would be about that big compared to an older Space Marine. 

Another fantastic work, Greyall.  You never fail to impress.

Glad you liked them, Doc Oct. I have the same feeling about the hat, actually. Don't actually remember how it was on that miniature you linked, but she'd look more Russian/pope/English guard and less nurse with sides on the hat, I think.

@Zephyr: Many thanks. I tried to adapt the revolver, turning the ammo cylinder into something else, but for some stupid reason I ended up forgetting it...dumb me.

That's not a bolt pistol, it's a regular bolter. Actually, it's not a regular bolter either, I was aiming for a submachinegun-scale bolter, a little more stocky and short.

Don't actually remember how it was on that miniature you linked, but she'd look more Russian/pope/English guard and less nurse with sides on the hat, I think.

It was more Russian/English guard. msn-wink.gif But hey, it's still getting framed and hung on my wall when I move. smile.png

Now there would be an interesting project- Astartes armour based on the great houses of Westeros.

I would love a Game of Thrones prequel- just to see Robert and Ned in their prime, lol.

Epic thread! I see your stuff over at DeviantArt as well =)

How do you do your linework btw? I assume you are using a tablet...

But how do you get the lines so straight well defined? Whenever I drav something It's more like scetching.

No tablet, mate, I use a simple mechanical pencil, and then apply a little darkening to the lines on the most basic of office programs =)

With some of the longer straight lines I use a book or another straight "aid". I know it's not what "real artists" do but I do have a hard time with keeping lines levelled.

The Stone Hearts drawing is just one of those pieces in which I've managed to make my Marines look solid, plausible. I still have a bit of a hard time getting them on realistic poses and stuff, and this one just makes it look like there's someone filling that armour, methinks. So I fully agree with you, mate. Thanks a bunch.

Taking a smaaaaaalish break from drawing to complete the DoW2 campaign, should return to it tonight. Sorry, Thirst. The drawing makes up for the delay, though, if I may say so. Quite proud of this one.

I love making them all Termies and eating faces in the story. For some real fun in DOW2 look up the wargear mod. So many fun things that were not suppose to make it into the actual gme but still in wargear code file.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gents, our venerable Apostle Thirst's creation...the Angels of Adamantium, represented by Captain Elsike:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/133/0/0/angels_of_adamantium_by_greyall-d656din.jpg

Soaking Imperial pantaloons since M35.

I know you really wanted that Chaplain in the back, Thirst, but I just reached my limit, man. The Guardsmen were furiously done in a few hours because I just collapsed after finishing Elsike. Do hope you like it as much as I do, pretty happy with the armour.

Cheers, all, thanks in advance. Heraldries for the honourable mentions are next. I'll send personal messages, stay sharp.

If that doesn't make DAT turn Loyalist, I don't know what will! :lol:

And of a sudden, I feel much excitement.  Thanks again Greyall.  I know whatever you come up with for me will be even better than anything I can think of ^_^

Great work, I also really like that armor, and I can pretty clearly imagine that those guardsmen have soaked their pantaloons.

This thread is one of the reasons I love Bolter and Chainsword!
Absolutely amazing stuff, I don't know anyone who wouldn't love you to do a piece for them haha.

- Malatox

Archived