Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inq28 Updated - 05/02/23

A bit more Deathwatch while I cool on Crimson Tears stuff in the lead up to the ETL.

Completed Silver Eagle:
869462_sm-.JPG869459_sm-.JPG869460_sm-.JPG869461_sm-.JPG

WIP Carcharodon:
869679_sm-.JPG869680_sm-.JPG

Vairocanum - Thank you very much. Yeah, as the final part of my vow I figured he had to be even more special, plus if you make your own of something like a Chaplain it has to kick ass. ETL's not a million miles away so paint shouldn't be too far off.

Bio - Blimey, high praise; thank you!

Kierdale - Thanks, man. The blood and sweat flowed more readily than usual with this guy, so I'm glad it was all worthwhile.

Thousand Eyes - Cheers.

Jol - I don't know if they still do the urban basing bundle that I purchased, but it's primarily Gale Force 9 stuff: Concrete rubble, rocky basing grit, medium basing grit and fine basing grit. Topped off with a bit of Army Painter Brown Battleground.

Lord Velype - Cheers, I picked the base paint up on spec because it looked interesting and I'm glad to have found a good use for it.

NightHunters - You are attempting to lead me down the path of madness, my good man. And I don't have a good reason not to try it... He should be getting his colourisation during the ETL along with the other Great Baalite Bake Off stuff.

Augustus - Cheers, buddy. I really wanted him to give a 'don't mess with me' vibe (more than ceramite clad, genetically modified super soldiers normally do).

Indeed sir. I have painted too many hexagons not to drag others down with me!

But looking great as always, those death watch shotguns are really growing on me too.

What are you planning for the Space shark's eye lenses?

Again, I must compliment your modeling and painting skills, but are those shotguns molded that way? It's stupid to stack the shotshells atop the shotgun, because doing so will obstruct the iron sights. Should I classify this as yet another example of Games Workshop's designers being idiots who EPIC FAIL to design weapons as if real soldiers would wield them in battle?

I like the shotgun, rule of cool and all.

I also imagine GW's idea is that with the shot discharging over an area would mean that a shotgun is pretty much a point in the general direction and fire type of weapon

• 2 weeks later...

3 more Deathwatch recruits in what is pretty quick succession for me. Long Easter weekend and a sick day were pretty helpful in that respect.

First the finished Carcharodon:
873337_sm-.JPG873338_sm-.JPG873339_sm-.JPG873340_sm-.JPG873341_sm-.JPG
I'm really pleased with this one, he looks exactly like I wanted him to, aged and brutal.

Angel of Retribution:
873349_sm-.JPG873350_sm-.JPG873351_sm-.JPG873352_sm-.JPG873345_sm-.JPG
Another attempt to avoid a mere bolter holding pose, think it's a fairly convincing grenade toss.

Storm Warden:
873342_sm-.JPG873343_sm-.JPG873344_sm-.JPG873347_sm-.JPG873348_sm-.JPG

deathspecter - I thought you might approve ;)  Glad you like them, buddy.

Vairocanum - Cheers, man. I've got pads for at least 20 more(!), I think I'll do a group shot after next 3 as that'll be when I run out of my current supply 32mm street bases.

Night Hunters - I'm not sure how well the pictures actually show it, but for the lenses I put a coat of gloss varnish over plain black to contrast with the matte black of the armour.

Augustus - I wasn't going to do any markings as I tend to keep the Deathwatch armour relatively plain, however your comment made me re-evaluate and I've included a few Maori-ish touches (apparently the swirl in the middle of his knee pad is the symbol for death) and one of the sharks-maw reliefs they seem so fond of (according to their FW transfer sheet at least.

Pearson73 - thanks a lot.

Bjorn Firewalker - thank you very much. Alas the shells are mounted there by design and I couldn't face the effort of getting rid of them, but I did want a Shotgun with the ][ on it. That said, I'm sort of with dantay_xv in that I'm not entirely sure that obstructing the iron sights on a point and shoot weapon wielded by a super soldier with enhanced vision and whatever targetting stuff is inside the helmet is going to hinder its use.

• 2 weeks later...

And another one, this time from made up chapter the Gryphons Rampant.

876429_sm-.JPG876430_sm-.JPG876431_sm-.JPG876432_sm-.JPG876433_sm-.JPG

Intially started as a Golden Griffon, but then I actually checked on them having seen the name and the Chapter symbol is completely different. The stalker is an older version of the Anvil Negotiator rifle. and I broke the preferred barrel so cut it down to just used the tip. Also left the racking (? if that's what you can call it) on the main body to which attachments can be mounted, so this one looks a little different to the other one my Raptor hasAfter abortive attempts to get a convincing left handed firing pose I've tried to make him look like he's adjusting his scope.

deathspecter - thanks, brother.

Vaironcanum - It's one of Anvil Industry's lance carbines, it looks a lot older than most of the other guns around so it seemed the sort of weapon a Space Shark would plump for while wandering through the armoury. I've got 3 more sitting on my desk in parts at the moment...

Top draw as ever Sock!

On the left handed hold, it is strangely simple, once you find the correct right arm, granted have not used Deathwatch arms yet but will see if I can remember and do a little tutorial if you fancy it?

All the same the current pose actually looks quite natural and indeed he does seem to be adjusting the scope!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go, another step closer to the last of my current Deathwatch ('til I get some more bases in anyway:
878969_sm-.JPG878970_sm-.JPG878967_sm-.JPG878968_sm-.JPG

Trying to get a better shot of the scope lens because I painted it well (if I do say so myself)
878971_sm-.JPG

He belongs to the Revenants of Maccrage who I've made up because I wanted to use this Ultra pad I've had knocking around forever, but not for an Ultramarine and then noticed the similarity with the symbol on the DW:O Ultra's backpack; hey, that's some chapter iconography right there. The idea behind them is that they were founded in honour of those that fell during the Tyrannic War iusing a few Tyrannic War veterans as their basis and are almost solely used to hunt and destroy tyranid hive fleet tendrils that threaten systems  that can be saved.

Vairocanum, Bio, NightHunters - Cheers, guys. I'm glad the pose works given it's origins as a fix for my botch!

Hunters - no worries, mate. I'm using standard marine arms rather than Deathwatch (not a fan of the wrist computer/life support thingy), I just happen to be running quite low, so finding a useful right arm is a little tricky right now and given said shortage there's only so many Im willing to try and cut up to get in a good position before calling it a day and trying something else.

marine - cheers, for that, I've learnt my thing for the day. Glad someone else gets  kick out of my use of Anvil parts, they're just so fun to integrate, and there're so many of them to play with.

• 4 weeks later...

Member number 4 of the Heavy Bolter squad is done:
884481_sm-.JPG884482_sm-.JPG884483_sm-.JPG884484_sm-.JPG

And now that we've got a xenos influx on this here board the Crimson Tears contribute a veteran brother to the Deathwatch:
884478_sm-.JPG884479_sm-.JPG884480_sm-.JPG

Vairo - Thanks a lot, buddy. I'm pretty pleased with the pose too, goona be exploring some more knife poses in the future. Don't think we see enough marines using their combat blade.

The heavy bolter looks great as usual! The deathwatch is looking good too, looking forward to seeing what the rest of him looks like! I agree that we don't see enough marines with combat blades, I might add some combat blades to my DG when i get back to working on them. Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...