Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inq28 Updated - 05/02/23

Brilliant work as usual! He looks fantastic completed, and seeing him repainted compared to his older version is great to see how much more imposing he's become just from some new colors! Definitely looking forward to seeing the other two chaplains someday. 

• 4 weeks later...

FInally, it is done; the Deathwatch Mortis Dreadnought is complete,

912636_sm-.JPG912638_sm-.JPG912635_sm-.JPG912637_sm-.JPG

Bjorn - Thank you, to be honest I hadn't given it that much thought! It's just another of the Chaplains morbid decorations, I happen to paint them in bone rather than metal

Bio - thanks, fella.I had a couple of goes at that tabard, so I'm glad it paid off.

Hushrong - thanks a lot. Scab Red (with a little mixing for shades and highlights), I don't know what I'll do when my supply finally runs out, it's a travesty that GW didn't create a closer replacement than Khorne Red.

Vairo - Cheers, man, very kind words indeed. It really is amazing what paint can do, I've seen some seriously goofy/lacklustre RT/2nd ed. figures almost rescued by amazing pain jobs. Sometimes it's a significant at of will to resist the call to re-paint everything knowing the skill gap between early work and current.

Hunters - Nice to see you coming up for air from parenting, mate and thank you. For whatever reason I've never really considered the Crozius an energy weapon, all my Chaplains have them as just solid lumps of aged metal . I will be doing a lightning claw soon though, so hopefully that will make up for it?

Wow that dreadnought is a beauty! Quadruple heavy bolters is bound to scare off anything standing in its way. Repainting is definitely something I would like to do myself for certain models but end up giving up on cause I don't want to bother paint stripping them. Definitely looking forward to seeing more dreadnoughts from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Been working away on a non-Special Character 3rd Company Captain for RTS:

916341_sm-.JPG916342_sm-.JPG

Deathspecter - Cheers, buddy, I'm glad you like it so much. I'm really happy to have seen it come together.

Hushrong - thank you, they certainly do; can't go wrong with four giant bolters really can you?

Vairo - Thanks a lot. As you've seen, it's taken long enough, but I'm really happy with the result. If you can stare down four heavy bolter barrells, there's something wrong with your head, they do look nice and imposing.

Pearson73 - thanks, that's certainly the idea, the ammo belts look like an awful lot of xenos can go down before the guns fall silent.

NightHunters - Cheers, man. It's actually not metal, it's just something that genuinely didn't occur to me at the time, though looking at the myriad of other plastic dread feet I have in the Dread Bag, doing that and making it look right would be tricky without modding the foot that stays flat too as you'd have to put in some kind of obvious hinge. I have too much backlog for that sort of carry on!

I always enjoy seeing you post in my log as I know it means you’ve updated this log as well.

The new guys looking awesome as usual bud, I really like the subtle pose you’ve achieved with those GK legs. Looking forward to seeing more updates

• 2 weeks later...

From Rage to Salvation has concluded and I was just about on time with the completion of Captain Nathaniel

918346_sm-.JPG918486_sm-.JPG918490_sm-.JPG918489_sm-.JPG918488_sm-.JPG918487_sm-.JPG

Bio - Oh you... That pair of legs does a lot of work without much input from me thanks to the tabard and purity seals flowing in harmony.

Vairo - Cheers, nothing too exciting I'm afraid, but it was mainly about the pose.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, gents.

As I had the last couple of days off work  I've finished the next one a little earlier than expected, so here is an Angel of Vengeance with stalker boltgun for my Watch Company:

921665_sm-.JPG921668_sm-.JPG921667_sm-.JPG921666_sm-.JPG

deathspecter - nah, it's the one from the Deathwatch Overkill Imperial Fist and I trimmed some stuff off it to make it a bit mor streamlined for carrying around (let's just ignore the massive ammo hopper backpack). I have an Anvil one lying around somewhere waiting for use.

Edited by sockwithaticket

I'm glad I decided to come back and visit this thread after not being here for a while; seeing your recent work has really inspired me to unpack my minis and start painting again (I just recently moved). I had them out on my table for an entire year in my last place and never touched them, which makes me sad. I just recently ordered a few Primaris Marines and picked up the newest BA codex (makes me sad for buying the 7th Edition one), and am excited to try a few new techniques I've been looking at. I love the effects on Captain Nathaniel's lightning claw; makes me want to start painting with my Assault Termies. :biggrin.: