Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inq28 Updated - 05/02/23

Done most of another Devastator:
856143_sm-.JPG856144_sm-.JPG
856145_sm-.JPG

I've also contributed Captain Vequaniel of the 5th Company to the Great Baalite Bake Off event going on in the BA sub-forum:
855758_sm-.JPG
856142_sm-.JPG
855759_sm-.JPG
856141_sm-.JPG
856140_sm-.JPG

Vairocanum - thanks,man. The above is a start, lord knows when I'll finish though... Hobby Butterfly Syndrom is a sickness!

Vairocanum - Cheers. Have to wait for the ETL to make a start on the Captain, that's the whol idea behind The GBBO.

Bio - thanks, buddy. The temptation is always to work on the characters rather than the troops. It's a damned fine helmet, I wish we had more Mk. IV variants of it's ilk with that gladiatorial vibe (would be perfect for World Eaters!).

Midnight Runner - thank you. High praise from the king of BA-related, brutal looking character conversions.

Quixus - Chers, it's from the FW Thousand Sons head upgrade set

Ok, so the 2nd heavy bolter marine is done:
858463_sm-.JPG858464_sm-.JPG858465_sm-.JPG858466_sm-.JPG

Cranked out a Crimson Tears version of the Sanguinor for the Great Baalite Bake Off too:
856905_sm-.JPG856904_sm-.JPG856903_sm-.JPG856902_sm-.JPG

And now for something completely different:
858467_sm-.JPG858467_sm-.JPG

858468_sm-.JPG

858469_sm-.JPG

He'll go by the name of Gerrit Jansen, which may give some of  you a clue as to what he'll turn out to be, depends how long you've paid attention to this thread.

Vairocanum - Cheers. Have to wait for the ETL to make a start on the Captain, that's the whol idea behind The GBBO.

Bio - thanks, buddy. The temptation is always to work on the characters rather than the troops. It's a damned fine helmet, I wish we had more Mk. IV variants of it's ilk with that gladiatorial vibe (would be perfect for World Eaters!).

Midnight Runner - thank you. High praise from the king of BA-related, brutal looking character conversions. I've been re-watching the series Southland recently which has cops and gang members squaring off quite a lot and I was trying to go for an inactive yet physically dominant pose.

Quixus - Chers, it's from the FW Thousand Sons head upgrade set

Edited by sockwithaticket

• 2 weeks later...

Done some more work on Jansen, nearly there now:
863126_sm-.JPG863123_sm-.JPG
863124_sm-.JPG863125_sm-.JPG

Pretty pleased with the hammer's band of force energy

Also, base aside, I finished up another model for the Great Baalite Bake Off:
863120_sm-.JPG863122_sm-.JPG863121_sm-.JPG
863119_sm-.JPG

He'll be a 4th Company Siege Breaker to stand alongside Captain Ezekiel (who, as not-Seth is technically a Lord of War rather than an HQ)

Bio - cheers, mate. I built that weapon after I saw it somewhere else on the web ages ago and I've been waiting for an appropriate model to use it on. Sanguinor seems perfect as I'd definitely want to keep that weapon unique and who better to have a one off piece of equipment?

Vairocanum - thanks, man. Indeed, considering he's basically an avenging angel or desperate saviour the official Sanguinor is a bit statue-esque (as opposed to statuesque) for my taste. Every now and then I like to paint something that doesn't feature a load of black (just as a reminder that I can!) and I'm pleased with how Jansens' coming together.

NightHunters - thanks a lot, I kind of both look forward to and dread doing the blades! I appreciate the vote of confidence, though. Hopefully it'll come right.

TheOneTrueZorn - thank you, brother.

Thousand Eyes - cheers, man. Stockpiling for the ETL, he should see some then. I'm still strictly 40k for now, so Jansen's not a KE. Maybe the new pictures give more of a hint

Edited by sockwithaticket

863119_sm-.JPG

He'll be a 4th Company Siege Breaker to stand alongside Captain Ezekiel (who, as not-Seth is technically a Lord of War rather than an HQ)

Bio - cheers, mate. I built that weapon after I saw it somewhere else on the web ages ago and I've been waiting for an appropriate model to use it on. Sanguinor seems perfect as I'd definitely want to keep that weapon unique and who better to have a one off piece of equipment?

Vairocanum - thanks, man. Indeed, considering he's basically an avenging angel or desperate saviour the official Sanguinor is a bit statue-esque (as opposed to statuesque) for my taste. Every now and then I like to paint something that doesn't feature a load of black (just as a reminder that I can!) and I'm pleased with how Jansens' coming together.

NightHunters - thanks a lot, I kind of both look forward to and dread doing the blades! I appreciate the vote of confidence, though. Hopefully it'll come right.

Thousand Eyes - cheers, man. Stockpiling for the ETL, he should see some then. I'm still strictly 40k for now, so Jansen's not a KE. Maybe the new pictures give more of a hint

Did I miss this chap getting posted in the GBBO? 0.o

Thats some size egg-beater that the siege breaker has :D

Jansen is looking awesome... Is he metallic or are you doing a NMM style paintjob? Either way super smooth..

Sock! What wonderful Blood Angels you posted lately! That last guy, Gerrit Jansen, has about the Dutchest name imaginable. You said it was a reference we could find earlier in your thread, but I can't recall anything similar. Is he named for the Dutch extant Numerologist? If so, why? :smile.: Just very curious!

@ Jolemai:

Hidden Content

Instead of asking your question like so:

Hidden Content

863119_sm-.JPG

Did I miss this chap getting posted in the GBBO? 0.o

...you could also just post your question something like this:

Hidden Content

Did I miss this chap with the maul and shield getting posted in the GBBO? 0.o

... which doesn't cost you any extra effort, doesn't clog the OP's thread, and saves a hell of a lot of annoying scrolling time for visitors, especially mobile users, no? It's just good practice. :tu: :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...

Righto, completions first of all and I present Inquisitor Gerrit Jansen (not-Coteaz) in all his splendour:
867956_sm-.JPG867957_sm-.JPG867958_sm-.JPG867959_sm-.JPG867960_sm-.JPG

Don't paint flesh often and it's been a while at that, so I'm pretty happy with how he's come out.

I've added a base to the Siegebreaker, so he's done.
867937_sm-.JPG

With 2 days to go I have finished the main part of my Great Baalite Bake Off Chaplain:
867951_sm-.JPG867952_sm-.JPG

I want him to look a little more brutal than normal since he'll be rolling with the 4th Company.

Also I've made a decent start on a Deathwatch marine from the Silver Eagles chapter (2nd Founding Ultramarine successors according to 40k wiki):
867953_sm-.JPG867954_sm-.JPG867955_sm-.JPG

Vairocanum - thanks, buddy. As soon as the DW:O set was released I knew what I was going to use the Imperial Fist guy for.

Jolemai - Nah you didn't miss him, I just didn't feel like posting him until he was based (which you've probably noticed already)

dantay - I think it's taller than he is! You're very kind about Jansen; not NMM, but I did add some Reaper anti-shine to the metallic and that will matte just about anything. For good measure i followed it up with a thin blue wash with a healthy amount of Vallejo matt medium in it.

Augustus - thanks, man, Dutchest name imaginable is pretty much what I was going for, so good to get that confirmed by our resident Netherlander (you may not be alone, but I know of no others on the forum).  Alas, I am ignorant of any namesake numerologists, but I do have something of an affection for and an interest in the Dutch. While studying my history degree I did a lot of work on Exploration and Imperialism between 1500 and 1900 and of the five nations that cropped up most regularly (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands) I found the Dutch story particularly interesting. Plus the Netherlands experience of the Reformation is one of the more eventiful during the European early modern period (another topic I studied in some depth) and (with a few exceptions) Britain has generally been able to count your fine, upstanding people as among her allies. The earlier thread reference was my other Inquisitor Jacobin Constantjin, I think I'll give all my Inquisitorial stuff a Northern European flavour