Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inq28 30/05/19 Updated

• Please log in to reply
827 replies to this topic

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,558 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Done most of another Devastator:
856143_sm-.JPG856144_sm-.JPG
856145_sm-.JPG

I've also contributed Captain Vequaniel of the 5th Company to the Great Baalite Bake Off event going on in the BA sub-forum:
855758_sm-.JPG
856142_sm-.JPG
855759_sm-.JPG
856141_sm-.JPG
856140_sm-.JPG

Vairocanum - thanks,man. The above is a start, lord knows when I'll finish though... Hobby Butterfly Syndrom is a sickness!

• Biohazard, Vairocanum, Kierdale and 1 other like this

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

The heavy bolter guy looks great, will definitely be well worth the wait for the rest of the squad. Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on Captain Vequaniel!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,196 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
Devastating looks great but I really can't wait to see that Capt take shape. I love the choice of helmet

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
That is one well 'ard looking Captain, sock, not to be messed with! Great use of parts :tu:

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,897 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

The captain indeed looks ded'ard. Where's the helmet from?

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,558 posts

Vairocanum - Cheers. Have to wait for the ETL to make a start on the Captain, that's the whol idea behind The GBBO.

Bio - thanks, buddy. The temptation is always to work on the characters rather than the troops. It's a damned fine helmet, I wish we had more Mk. IV variants of it's ilk with that gladiatorial vibe (would be perfect for World Eaters!).

Midnight Runner - thank you. High praise from the king of BA-related, brutal looking character conversions.

Quixus - Chers, it's from the FW Thousand Sons head upgrade set

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,558 posts

Ok, so the 2nd heavy bolter marine is done:
858463_sm-.JPG858464_sm-.JPG858465_sm-.JPG858466_sm-.JPG

Cranked out a Crimson Tears version of the Sanguinor for the Great Baalite Bake Off too:
856905_sm-.JPG856904_sm-.JPG856903_sm-.JPG856902_sm-.JPG

And now for something completely different:
858467_sm-.JPG858467_sm-.JPG

858468_sm-.JPG

858469_sm-.JPG

He'll go by the name of Gerrit Jansen, which may give some of  you a clue as to what he'll turn out to be, depends how long you've paid attention to this thread.

Vairocanum - Cheers. Have to wait for the ETL to make a start on the Captain, that's the whol idea behind The GBBO.

Bio - thanks, buddy. The temptation is always to work on the characters rather than the troops. It's a damned fine helmet, I wish we had more Mk. IV variants of it's ilk with that gladiatorial vibe (would be perfect for World Eaters!).

Midnight Runner - thank you. High praise from the king of BA-related, brutal looking character conversions. I've been re-watching the series Southland recently which has cops and gang members squaring off quite a lot and I was trying to go for an inactive yet physically dominant pose.

Quixus - Chers, it's from the FW Thousand Sons head upgrade set

Edited by sockwithaticket, 20 February 2017 - 12:22 AM.

• Biohazard, Vairocanum, Kierdale and 3 others like this

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,196 posts
Fantastic update buddy, the counts as Sanguinor is awesome, loving the weapon ;) I've looked at buying the TS heads a few times to convert into Berserker helmets, may still do that soon. :tu:

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

Love your version of sanguinor, definitely more battle ready in comparison to the original. The paintjob on Jansen is looking stellar!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

NightHunters

NightHunters

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,256 posts
  • Faction: Night Hunters
Can not wait to see the Sanguinor's blades with your edge highlight!
Great work fella!

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 869 posts
  • Faction: Silent Sword Crusade

Double sided swords are my most favorite thing ever. Well done!

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

gallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_6220.png ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpg O787td6.jpg 

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Wonderful version of Sanguinor there chief, bravo. Look forward to seeing some paint on him.

Is the other figure going to be a Knight Errant?

My B&C WIP Thread is this one (but more pictures generally end up on the blog).

banner_bc.jpg  

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,558 posts

Done some more work on Jansen, nearly there now:
863126_sm-.JPG863123_sm-.JPG
863124_sm-.JPG863125_sm-.JPG

Pretty pleased with the hammer's band of force energy

Also, base aside, I finished up another model for the Great Baalite Bake Off:
863120_sm-.JPG863122_sm-.JPG863121_sm-.JPG
863119_sm-.JPG

He'll be a 4th Company Siege Breaker to stand alongside Captain Ezekiel (who, as not-Seth is technically a Lord of War rather than an HQ)

Bio - cheers, mate. I built that weapon after I saw it somewhere else on the web ages ago and I've been waiting for an appropriate model to use it on. Sanguinor seems perfect as I'd definitely want to keep that weapon unique and who better to have a one off piece of equipment?

Vairocanum - thanks, man. Indeed, considering he's basically an avenging angel or desperate saviour the official Sanguinor is a bit statue-esque (as opposed to statuesque) for my taste. Every now and then I like to paint something that doesn't feature a load of black (just as a reminder that I can!) and I'm pleased with how Jansens' coming together.

NightHunters - thanks a lot, I kind of both look forward to and dread doing the blades! I appreciate the vote of confidence, though. Hopefully it'll come right.

TheOneTrueZorn - thank you, brother.

Thousand Eyes - cheers, man. Stockpiling for the ETL, he should see some then. I'm still strictly 40k for now, so Jansen's not a KE. Maybe the new pictures give more of a hint

Edited by sockwithaticket, 12 March 2017 - 11:17 AM.

• NightHunters, Vairocanum and Dantay VI like this

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

Yea the purple on the thunder hammer looks sweet! Great bits choice on the siege breaker, looking forward to seeing what you'll put together for the chaplain in the GBBO.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,412 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Done some more work on Jansen, nearly there now:
863126_sm-.JPG863123_sm-.JPG
863124_sm-.JPG863125_sm-.JPG

Pretty pleased with the hammer's band of force energy

Also, base aside, I finished up another model for the Great Baalite Bake Off:
863120_sm-.JPG863122_sm-.JPG863121_sm-.JPG
863119_sm-.JPG

He'll be a 4th Company Siege Breaker to stand alongside Captain Ezekiel (who, as not-Seth is technically a Lord of War rather than an HQ)

Bio - cheers, mate. I built that weapon after I saw it somewhere else on the web ages ago and I've been waiting for an appropriate model to use it on. Sanguinor seems perfect as I'd definitely want to keep that weapon unique and who better to have a one off piece of equipment?

Vairocanum - thanks, man. Indeed, considering he's basically an avenging angel or desperate saviour the official Sanguinor is a bit statue-esque (as opposed to statuesque) for my taste. Every now and then I like to paint something that doesn't feature a load of black (just as a reminder that I can!) and I'm pleased with how Jansens' coming together.

NightHunters - thanks a lot, I kind of both look forward to and dread doing the blades! I appreciate the vote of confidence, though. Hopefully it'll come right.

TheOneTrueZorn - thank you, brother.

Thousand Eyes - cheers, man. Stockpiling for the ETL, he should see some then. I'm still strictly 40k for now, so Jansen's not a KE. Maybe the new pictures give more of a hint

Did I miss this chap getting posted in the GBBO? 0.o

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:2
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,576 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Thats some size egg-beater that the siege breaker has :D

Jansen is looking awesome... Is he metallic or are you doing a NMM style paintjob? Either way super smooth..

ETL 1v2

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,802 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Sock! What wonderful Blood Angels you posted lately! That last guy, Gerrit Jansen, has about the Dutchest name imaginable. You said it was a reference we could find earlier in your thread, but I can't recall anything similar. Is he named for the Dutch extant Numerologist? If so, why? smile.png Just very curious!

@ Jolemai:

Hidden Content

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,558 posts

Righto, completions first of all and I present Inquisitor Gerrit Jansen (not-Coteaz) in all his splendour:
867956_sm-.JPG867957_sm-.JPG867958_sm-.JPG867959_sm-.JPG867960_sm-.JPG

Don't paint flesh often and it's been a while at that, so I'm pretty happy with how he's come out.

I've added a base to the Siegebreaker, so he's done.
867937_sm-.JPG

With 2 days to go I have finished the main part of my Great Baalite Bake Off Chaplain:
867951_sm-.JPG867952_sm-.JPG

I want him to look a little more brutal than normal since he'll be rolling with the 4th Company.

Also I've made a decent start on a Deathwatch marine from the Silver Eagles chapter (2nd Founding Ultramarine successors according to 40k wiki):
867953_sm-.JPG867954_sm-.JPG867955_sm-.JPG

Vairocanum - thanks, buddy. As soon as the DW:O set was released I knew what I was going to use the Imperial Fist guy for.

Jolemai - Nah you didn't miss him, I just didn't feel like posting him until he was based (which you've probably noticed already)

dantay - I think it's taller than he is! You're very kind about Jansen; not NMM, but I did add some Reaper anti-shine to the metallic and that will matte just about anything. For good measure i followed it up with a thin blue wash with a healthy amount of Vallejo matt medium in it.

Augustus - thanks, man, Dutchest name imaginable is pretty much what I was going for, so good to get that confirmed by our resident Netherlander (you may not be alone, but I know of no others on the forum).  Alas, I am ignorant of any namesake numerologists, but I do have something of an affection for and an interest in the Dutch. While studying my history degree I did a lot of work on Exploration and Imperialism between 1500 and 1900 and of the five nations that cropped up most regularly (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands) I found the Dutch story particularly interesting. Plus the Netherlands experience of the Reformation is one of the more eventiful during the European early modern period (another topic I studied in some depth) and (with a few exceptions) Britain has generally been able to count your fine, upstanding people as among her allies. The earlier thread reference was my other Inquisitor Jacobin Constantjin, I think I'll give all my Inquisitorial stuff a Northern European flavour

• Biohazard, Vairocanum, Raztalin and 1 other like this

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

Whoa Gerrit Jansen looks great, lovely skin tones. But the chaplain is what I'm really excited to see finished biggrin.png.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,558 posts

Ask and ye shall receive!

868096_sm-.JPG
868099_sm-.JPG
868098_sm-.JPG
868097_sm-.JPG

Thanks for highlighting the skin, I wasn't sure if I was pleased with it because I hadn't botched it or if it was actually good.

• Biohazard, Nomus Sardauk, Vairocanum and 4 others like this

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

Wow that chaplain looks fantastic, definitely my favorite out of the 4 models you vowed! Looking forward to seeing him painted up! 

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,196 posts
Oh man! That Chaplain has to be my favourite model of yours so far, really cannot wait to see it with some paint on. Excellent work

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,382 posts
The =][= is great but that chaplain is something else! :tu:

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Coming on really well there.

Edited by Thousand Eyes, 04 April 2017 - 07:43 PM.

My B&C WIP Thread is this one (but more pictures generally end up on the blog).

banner_bc.jpg  

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,412 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
So... What basing material are you using?

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:2
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users