Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inq28 Updated - 05/02/23

• 3 weeks later...

Been working on some Sons of Sanguinius stuff since the year changed; posted this up in the BA sub-forum a few days ago:
924012_sm-.JPG
924013_sm-.JPG924014_sm-.JPG

Another shot to try and better show where I've attempted to add some depth to the hair  that simply doesn't exist in the sculpt. The effect seems less subtle in real life.
925069_sm-.JPG

I've taken my visual cues from Midnight Runner's excellent Flesh Eaters and my own notion that they were excommunicated quite a while ago, so likely wouldn't be trotting around in brand spanking new mk. VII, but a patchwork of whatever's in the armoury. It's difficult to re-supply while on the Inquisition's naughty list.

Also made a couple of orders on shapeways:
925070_sm-.JPG

The blood drop and the skull are from separate sprues.

Started on a new Deathwatch marine too:
925067_sm-.JPG925068_sm-.JPG

Deathspecter, Radiation & hushrong - Cheers, gents.

Vairo - thanks a lot, man. Wherever possible I like to make thse guys as characterful as possible, just happened to have the bits to make this one really work.

Riconas - that's really good to hear, make sure you post the reuslts of your re-found hobby mojo. Thanks for the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Flesh Eater:
927777_mb-.JPG927778_mb-.JPG927779_mb-.JPG927780_mb-.JPG

Finished Angel of Fire:
927590_mb-.JPG927591_mb-.JPG
927592_mb-.JPG927589_mb-.JPG

Another in my exploration of varied combat blade poses and the third consecutive marine from an 'Angel' chapter. Not planned that way, but I noticed it and its a funny little quirk.

Deathspecter - heh, that's certainly one way to keep on top of re-supply. I am very greatful for you turning me onto martilo y colla on shapeways, those blood drops are going to present all sorts of ways to augment my Crimson Tears without having to press mould all the sodding time! Thanks, man. having been a staunch helmet guy for so long I am actually starting to get a taste for painting skin. Not that there's going to be an avalanche of helmetless marines in my future, but I no longer dread doing it.

LordVelype - Thanks. Flesh Eaters rather than BA, but I'm sure the difference is somewhat academic when an 8 foot, blood-crazed post-human is running at you with red eyes and bared fangs!

Vairo - cheers, buddy. It was suprisinlgly difficult to get photos that looked somewhat like the paint does IRL, the more purple red I use on the Crimson Tears photographs much easier.They are indeed LotD, so too the helmet, right pad, bolter and little piece of the backpack I transplanted. I have a box of them sitting around for Chaplain kitbashes and conversions, but they also presented a golden opportunity here for a characterful DW marine.

Edited by sockwithaticket

I love that Angel of Fire. Especially that pose and the knife he has tucked behind his back.

The Flesh Eater is boss! He looks worrisome enough that if I saw him charging I’d turn and run. I really like the use of the World Eater torso. It’s perfect.

• 1 month later...

Dipping my toes back into the Crimson Tears with something I haven't tackled before:

936235_sm-.JPG936236_sm-.JPG

Pretty pleased with how it's going so far, but goodness is it slow going with the amount of detail on these Space Hulk guys.

Bjorn - Thanks, man.

Deathspecter - heh, have I out-obscured even you? :blink.:

Bio - cheers, buddy. Yep, as soon as I saw the World Eater torsos I said to myself 'that's for my SoS Flesh Eater' and so (eventually) it came to pass, glad you dig.

marine - Quixus is correct, I hadn't noticed that they'd gone OOP

Vairo - cheers, man. Yeah, I enjoyed the Angel coming together with those flame motifs; it's going to be hard not to simply copy it again for my Fire Hawk (when I get there).

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely work as always!

Where are the legs of the Flesh Eater from? I figured ANvil Industry at first but they don't list it....

Are the Flesh tearer's legs the medieval legs from Anvil with the stud shaved off?

I am pretty sure they are the discontinued black ops legs.

:rolleyes: 

Almost there, just have to finish off the storm bolter and lower legs. Powerfist was a nightmare, there are some seriously weird edges in there, which really did not want to co-operate with my chosen style.
941184_sm-.JPG941185_sm-.JPG941186_sm-.JPG

As for what's next I have started prepping some Inquisition stuff, a deathcult assassin, an interrogator and a former enforcer turned Inqusitorial bodyguard. I've also gathered parts for a Kroot Bounty Hunter and have a few of the Artel W models to drop in soon (not-Inquisitor Covenant, cool assassin, not- Arbites Enforcer).
941187_sm-.JPG941189_sm-.JPG941188_sm-.JPG

deathspecter - Indeed! Finally, after years sitting in a box...

Bjorn - thanks, man.

Bryan - Thanks alot. It's always a bit of a question when I come back to it, am I going to be able to get it just so? Glad you enjoyed the other two, I'm pretty pleased with the FE's face as it's something of a departure for me and great practice for my Mordheim Undead.

Vairo - Cheers, buddy. Alas I picked them up piece meal from ebay sellers when I spotted a great deal, so I don't have a full set and one of the missing pieces is the dead guy.

Augustus - Cheers. Yeah, marine7312000 had it right further up the thread, they're the Anvil Black Ops legs that now seem to have been discontinued. Which is shame as I feel that they look like a good cross between Mk. IV and Mk.III and a bit thicker than GW/FW legs, lends some real heft to a model.