Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition 23/01/19 Updated

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,850 posts

Congrats on finishing (almost) the full company! Definitely looking forward to seeing a full army shot! The henchwoman looks really nice, the plasma pistol looks great especially. And thank you for the well wishes, Japan is nice but too many temptations to buy nerd stuff.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,760 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Oh man! So close to 100 marines! That's awesome!

The henchwoman for Vykes also looks great. I like the pose and swagger she has going on!

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Riconas

Riconas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
  • Faction: Angels Adamantine

That is a sexy plasma pistol; I like the color contrast. Also, the coils are magnificent. biggrin.png  (I'm still working on mine; getting better I think.) Awesome model overall. But then, I would expect no less. yes.gif

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,411 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Took a while because I hate highlighting jump packs, but here we are, the last two marines of the assault squad and the entire Crimson Tears 2nd Company:

990230_sm-.JPG990231_sm-.JPG990232_sm-.JPG

Combat squad of the most recent 5
990233_sm-.JPG

The full 10 with half the models painted 4 years ago. I'd like to think there's some measure of noticeable improvement.
990234_sm-.JPG

Because procrastination is the true hobbyist's middle name I was also painting a new 4th Company veteran who's done apart from his shield.
990228_sm-.JPG990229_sm-.JPG

I've a few more of those mauls and I love how brutal they look, so he should be joined by a few brothers in due course.

On the Inq28 side of things I finished the henchwoman:
990893_sm-.JPG990894_sm-.JPG
990895_sm-.JPG990896_sm-.JPG

Saskia Willemse, Acolyte: Intelligence and Warrior.

A former hive ganger Saskia is as fierce and cunning as any to survive in lethal environs of the underhive for any length of time and martial prowess is always of use to an Inquisitor. While now serving a far more noble cause, this grounding has made her useful as means of accessing networks of information and people that other members of Vyke's retinue would struggle even approach without being killed, let alone fit in with.

She came to Vyke circuitously. Through other agents and double blinds, Vyke employed Saskia's gang to surveil some new rivals; activity they were already undertaking and so more than happy to be paid for. The Inqusitior was investigating the possibility of a new cell of heretics having already eleiminated 2 Alpha Legion affiliated cells on the planet's nearest neighbour. However, it emerged that the surveillance subjects were actually a nascent Genestealer Cult who must have determined that they were being monitored, for not long after Saskia's gang began gathering intelligence the cultists attacked them in force. They were repelled, but the gang was severely depleted and the remnants scattered, attempting to blend into the underhive mass for protection. Before making her own way, Saskia sent back one last report assuming - correctly - that whomever sought the information she'd been supplying thus far would also be interested in and willing to pay for details of the skirmish and its action. Pic captures of a cultists corpse that had been missed in their retreat prompted Vyke to quickly mobilise several squads of Inqusitiorial Stormtroopers to embark upon a seek and destroy mission. While reviewing the operational intelligence he noticed that several of the gang's reports were more detailed than the others, displaying an innate acuity as to what information would be most useful. He used his agents to track Saskia down and offer her a position in his retinue. While disinclined to co-operate with such an authority figure, life in the underhive is tricky enough when affiliated, bereft of this support and protection it would only be a matter of time before someone or something caught Saskia out. Vyke's offer was at least potential salvation from a lonely, petty fate and so she took it, though it would seem that over time and with exposure to the Imperium's myraid enemies she is gradually becoming a true believer in the Inqusition's cause rather than simply a useful hanger on.

Finally, for now, I put together someone new to join the yet to be painted pile, an ex- Pit Gladiator (Arco-flagellant):
990891_sm-.JPG
990892_sm-.JPG

Oh and happy 2019 everybody, may your brushes stay pointed, your paints refrain from dyring out and your wash remain unspilt.

Bjorn, - thanks muchly.

Vairo - Cheers, buddy. It has taken a while, some people seem to be able to crank out what  I've done in a little over 7 years in a few

Hushrong - when you factor in my Deathwatch and various character figs I've been on 100+ for a while, but yeha it feels a little crazy to have actually done a proper company's worth. I can 't claim much credit for Saskia's swagger except having the good taste to purchase her,  all I;ve done are weapon swaps. Including now switching her knife blade around to try and give even greater swag after your comment.

Riconas - thanks a lot, man. I've always liked the look of Iron Hands white/light grey weapon casings and wanted to try it out. Coils on a plasma weapon should always be a visual highlight imo, so I'm glad the work into those has paid off.

Edited by sockwithaticket, 12 January 2019 - 01:54 AM.

• Kriegsmacht, Biohazard, Bjorn Firewalker and 5 others like this

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your Crimson Tears and the Inquisitorial Acolyte look great! Although you stated the ex-pit gladiator counts as an arco-flagellant in-game, does he retain the ability to think for himself in-story, i.e., he wasn't lobotomized, and retains the ability to outwit an opponent he otherwise can't outfight?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,411 posts

992759_sm-.JPG

71: Servitor

71 was recovered from an abandoned explorator dig site when Vyke responded to a distress beacon on one of the many dead worlds that mark the approach to the Ghoul Stars, deviating from his arranged visit at Watch Fortress Pykman. An ex-miner among Vykes retinue had made use of this pattern of servitor in his former life and was rather taken with it, he asked to bring it with them and promised he could make it useful. So it proved.

Designed for heavy duty mining in locations inaccessible to larger equipment, 71 has been invaluable. Whether clearing passages in a variety of the less salubrious environments Vyke's investigations may take him, be they dense jungles or the decrepit urban warrens of the underhive, enabling quick entry to sealed vaults or seemingly secure enemy positions or even fighting - industrial equipment defeats much tougher substances than flesh after all - the servitor has found multiple uses in Vykes' service.

992760_sm-.JPG992761_sm-.JPG

Came together pretty quickly after choosing to go metallic with the scheme. You can see in the second shot where I attempted to add a barcode to his head, it felt like a cool detail to add. Quite pleased with how the pale skin came out (what little of it there is).

Bjorn - cheers, man. I appareciate the attention you give my stuff. I haven't come down definitely on one side or the other, but I'm leaning towards no lobotomy for the reason you suggest; he wouldn't be a particularly good pit fighter without some level of consciousness. My nascent fluff has him being a veteran fighter and I don't think he'd have survived long without most of his congnitive faculties.

• Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker, deathspectersgt7 and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Servitor 71 looks great!

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,020 posts

That is an excellent combination of bitz, topped off with an excellent paint job :tu:

gallery_48988_6285_23120.png gallery_48988_10069_37975.png gallery_48988_15151_1205.pnggallery_48988_15094_2398.pnggallery_48988_15094_5561.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Help fund the B&C : Buy a model painted by me

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,831 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion

Yeah that servitor is sweet, as is the pit fighter. What's the body, a Khorne Bloodbound guy?

Dragonlover

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

That veteran's looking sharp, I really like the helmet design. Big fan of the arco-flagellant too, nice use of parts in there.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,411 posts

Completed the finishing touch for the Veteran and made a start on the next Henchwoman an interrogator/torturess. Annoyingly she had a little accident which ruined her cane and snapped a couple of her Freddie Krueger-esque finger knives off

995269_sm-.JPG995270_sm-.JPG995271_sm-.JPG995272_sm-.JPG

995273_sm-.JPG
995274_sm-.JPG

Nascent fluff is that she's the daughter of an aristocrat, hence she's a bit more flamboyant in her style than most of the other retinue members. Her, shall we say, proclivities make her more suitable to assist the Inquisition than for high society.

Servitor 71 looks great!

Cheers

That is an excellent combination of bitz, topped off with an excellent paint job thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot.

Yeah that servitor is sweet, as is the pit fighter. What's the body, a Khorne Bloodbound guy?

Dragonlover

Thanks man and good eye, it is indeed based on a Bloodbound model. A couple of the bodies don't have much overt Chaotic/Khornate iconography, which makes them perfect for this sort of thing.

That veteran's looking sharp, I really like the helmet design. Big fan of the arco-flagellant too, nice use of parts in there.

Thank you. I think those 30k DA helmets are some of the coolest marine bits ever designed. If I didn't already have more heads than I'll likely ever need (same as most marine players I reckon), I'd get a couple more sets. In28 kitbashing is fun :)

Edited by sockwithaticket, Yesterday, 11:12 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)