Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Templar win Da Boyz GT (Now with Feast Battle reports)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Darkwynn

Darkwynn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 160 posts
Not wanting to sound like I am beating on my chest but putting this out there to let others that you can win GT events with Black Templar. I brought a unorthodox list into the event and clawed my way to the top.

http://daboyzgt.com/...c...=96&mid=468

Out of 90+ people and at the end of the day I came out on top with BT. Looking to post battle reports but I played top 6 players from the nation.

Eric Hobbin IG
Kyle Oman
Shaun Kemp former ETC player
Greg Sparks
David Light
Wyatt Traina.

My list was
Emp Champion Accept any Challenge
7 Thunder hammer Terminators with Tank hunters
LRC with Blessed Hull, EA, Smoke, Dozer blades
3x5 man squads
Rhino
Two Typhoons
Two MM attack bikes
Terminators with two Cyclones and tank hunters
Regular Land raider with EA and Dozer blades

This was a comp event otherwise I would have dropped the Rhino, bikes and Cyclone terminators to pick up four more typhoons and a Marshal.

Hoping to post some battle reports soon.

Edited by Darkwynn, 12 November 2011 - 04:10 PM.

Godfrey

Godfrey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 648 posts
Congrats!

I'm surprized there were so few vanilla players. I look forward to some batreps.
Marshal Godfrey

By my ever fervent blade, and by The Emperor's will, you shall be cleansed.

My Oath Completed! Black Templars Expansion IV
My Album - Black Templars

sp4rky

sp4rky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
May I ask, why did you take all 7 assault terminators as thunder hammers?
- Rob

FWIW: My Blog

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,813 posts
Because Melta is cool and effective and everything but nothing beats a Tank to death better than 7 hate-powered-nuclear-fuelled-traitor-burning montrous hammers with +1 to damage rolls. ;)

Congratulations Brother, the High Marshal will speak your name with pride.

MR.

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts
Congrats sir. Always good to get a win under the BT belt. ;)
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Brother Vader

Brother Vader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts

Two MM attack bikes
Regular Land raider with EA

Ah ha ha haaa, ha ha haaaa. Two of my favourite 'uncompetitive' units. Love it

Congrats on the win buddy, well played. Unpopular units FTW :)

Edited by Brother Vader, 26 October 2011 - 08:11 PM.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

The Black Templars: Superkillyfragballisticxenoterminatus.

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

Two MM attack bikes
Regular Land raider with EA

Ah ha ha haaa, ha ha haaaa. Two of my favourite 'uncompetitive' units. Love it

MM Bikers aren't uncompetitive. Most players just prefer Land Speeders due to points cost (forced to take two Attack Bikes per squadron). However, in Darkwynn's list, I suspect it made very little difference because he was already paying their cost in the form of Typhoons.
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Brother Vader

Brother Vader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
Indeed, hence why I put the word uncompetitive in commas, more as an indication that you don't see them in many lists. I like MM bikes, always have. They'd be better if we had the option to take them in squadrons of 1 though.

I also like the LR Phobos, but I suspect I'm in the minority :lol:
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

The Black Templars: Superkillyfragballisticxenoterminatus.

Marshal Wilhelm

Marshal Wilhelm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,970 posts
Well done Darkwynn! :lol:

What did all the gamers and your buddies there say about you winning with an antique codex? :huh:

I will admit that I am more in the camp that Marshal Laeroth advocates, of fire power. But I am always open to different ways of skinning the cat, so to speak. Fire power wasn't my initial view of how to play Templars, more a natural progression due to coping with what opponents were up to.

But yeah, we'd all love to hear more :lol:

Marshal Severarse

Marshal Severarse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
Well done indeed.

Teach us, o Venerated One!

--Awaiting battle reports

Edited by Marshal Severarse, 27 October 2011 - 04:14 AM.

Sir Blayse

Sir Blayse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
Interesting that it list the BA as Blood Angles. Congrats on the win.

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
Wow! Awesome job. I'm still building up to my first game so I'd love to hear how each of the units you took did.
Also what your intended purpose for them was. As a new player I struggle to figure out what to build/paint (made a promise to myself to only use fully painted units lol)
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
QUOTE (Nobu @ Feb 1 2012, 01:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=2982745]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
We'll crusade them so hard they'll die to death.

[img=http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6916/gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12908/gallery_45765_12908_58195.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/CdLHFYf.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_11559/gallery_45765_11559_3638.png]

Roma

Roma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,003 posts
wow congrats, but i have no idea how that list to win.

I was miniaturized by Eberious!thanks.gif
http://www.bolterand...crusade/page-19

"This warhammer cost 40k. Heh heh."- Gryphon Rider, Warcraft III.

dswanick

dswanick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,188 posts
Congratulations on the win, DW. Wish I hadn't been unavailable, I would have loved to see you beat face.
QUOTE (Loki-LaughingDeath @ Feb 11 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Tau in CC, it's like clubbing baby seals, only tau are neither cute nor fluffy or protected by the Maritime Mammal Act..... so it's perfectly legal and the Sierra Club ASPCA nuts won't come looking for you!

QUOTE (-Max- @ Aug 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the regular Guardsman you've got Commissars holding guns to their backs. They're faithful in their own way, sometimes mightily so, but they are regular folks who've led regular lives, with the completely understandable desire to continue living that causes them to duck when they get shot at. Sisters are orphans raised in perpetual Sunday school, fanatical to the point that they look at Repentia and feel a twinge of jealousy that those girls will see the Emperor sooner than they will.

T14

T14

++ MANUS NOCENTIBUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,732 posts
Good job mate. In a game of cookie cutters Unorthodoxy is King! :blush:
+++Keep Calm, and uphold the Edicts of Nikaea+++

+++Black Templars bringing Compliance to a sector near YOU. Some terms may apply. The Eternal Crusade may prove hazardous to the health of heretics, mutants, traitors and Xenos. Ill effects include but are not limited to execution, burning at the stake, getting blown to bits, battered into bloody pulp and in rare cases exterminatus. Contact your local Chapter Keep for details+++

Initiate of the Templar

Initiate of the Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts

Because Melta is cool and effective and everything but nothing beats a Tank to death better than 7 hate-powered-nuclear-fuelled-traitor-burning montrous hammers with +1 to damage rolls. :lol:

Congratulations Brother, the High Marshal will speak your name with pride.

MR.

seconded, with many lols.

also, congrats Mr. Darkwynn. Not sure how anyone can stomach those comp'd tournaments though. you are a far better man than I.

Brother Excedis

Brother Excedis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Congrats on the win.

Although noticed osmehitng funny on the lists... Blood Angles....Gives me a thought...

Blood Angles, brining a whole new meaning to mathhammer....take this! No you don't get armour saves against a 63 degree cotangent hammer!!! what is wrong with you!!
8.jpg

Darkwynn

Darkwynn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 160 posts
Guys,

I just came back from the Feast of Blades and just won first with BT there also. I will be posting round 1 Battle report from the Da boyz event this week.

As for the Feast games they were captured on Ustream.

The Event
http://www.ustream.t...lades-top-table

Game 7 BT vs Deamons Finals
http://www.ustream.t...corded/18414897

Game 4 BT vs Guard.
http://www.ustream.t...corded/18399828

Hope this help and people enjoy the content.

Nyustukyi

Nyustukyi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 624 posts
For your victory we should really talk with the forgemaster about getting you a Master Crafted sword.

System of Darkness: Chapter 1(Black Templar Fanfic)

QUOTE (Th!rdeye @ Jan 31 2012, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Black Templars. First we invented the Land Raider Crusader. Next up. Verbs.

Marshal Severarse

Marshal Severarse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
It would be excellent to hear your strategies at the Feast of Blades.

Congrats and thank you for presenting our venerable Chapter with a ray of hope in these dork times.

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts

Congrats and thank you for presenting our venerable Chapter with a ray of hope in these dork times.

:)

Nice work OP.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Iago

Iago

++SIGNUM FURVUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,323 posts
A true inspiration. Cheers!