Akan's Reavers

Hyaenidae

*sigh* I won't lie, I've been humming and hawing over how to rebuild my now-stripped Chaos Army lately, and how to paint 'em up. Iron Warriors? No....no. Later maybe. Night Lords? Tempting, very tempting, but no. Too much competition nowadays, lol.

I happened to glance over at my sad little 'Lost and the Damned' army, sitting all by it's lonesome collecting dust on my shelf, and suddenly got nostelgic. Ah, those were the days. I loved that little 1500 pt army, even though I usually lost more than I won. I was a tyrant back then, a true King of the Heathens. Nowadays, they only get used once in a blue moon for an Apoc game. Sad, really. Almost depressing. "Waaaaait a sec..."*Idea lightbulb kicks on* "Forgeworld has a free Renegades Codex on their site... hmmm...."

I have finally decided! I am going to build a Renegades army, true renegades and pirates :D !!! Hells Yes! Now, I know that the B&C rules will keep me from discussing the weakling mortals making up the majority of the army, BUT I am planning on using a Counts-As Arkos the Faithless to lead the army, with two Squads of Chaos Space Marines filling out my Elites Choices (the third slot is going to Ogryn Renegades). I'd like to go a bit 'old skool' with these Marines, and use a random collection of motley psychopaths from different Legions and Chapters, with red slashes through their previous symbols, much like Dan the Daemon's Raven Guard Renegade. I'm gonna limit the Mutations and daemonic gifts to a minimum, but loyalty to the Gods is a must... :devil:

So, I turn to you, my fellow Chaos Warlords and Aspiring Champions, to help me vote for who will fill out the ranks of the Chaos Squads. Don't just say ' These guys cuz they are kewlz!!!', please. Give me a reason why they would fall, why they fell into company with pirates and renegades; hell, make up a little back-story on why they deserted their previous chapter / legion, and I promise I'll make sure to model them appropriately to fit in with your story. 'Cuz I'm a sweetheart like that... :lol: EDIT: Only thing I ask is that they are Chaos Undivided, so as to fit in with the tabletob rules. I claim Arkos the Faithless though, of course, lol....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akan the Reaver, King of a Thousand Heathens, formerly of the Marines Malevolent Chapter-

Once a member of the IV Centuria of the Marines Malevolent, Brother Akan had always been an expert thief and a natural criminal. His skills did not go unnoticed within a Chapter of scavengers, and he swiftly became a favorite of the Centuria Captain, Hero-Captain Ananke, who saw the same hunger for promotion within himself. In actuallity, it was pure greed and malice that droke Akan, for he cared little for his weak-minded brothers and their so-called purity. Akan was promoted to Sergeant of Hepta squad, and promised a slot within Ananke's Honour Guard as his XO when it became availible. After Ananke's death at the hands of the Sons of Malice, Captain Anicetius took over the Centuria and refused Akan's promotion, perfering his own choices. Akan was disgusted and hateful, and during engagements, went out of his way to ensure supporters of Anicetius suffered disasterous 'accidents', or were 'regretfully' left without support.

He was finally caught by the Centuria Chaplain mis-aligning the head space and timing on Captain Anicetius's bolter during 'The Lion War', hoping that the weapon would detonate within Anicetius's hand. As the Chaplain confronted him, Akan quickly struck the Chaplain' head from his shoulders with his chainaxe before the Warrior Of Kin expected it. Knowing he would be executed for fratricide, Akan took the Chaplain's Rosarius for himself and hid the body. He then snuck into the Centuria's motor pool, stealing a Rhino and racing to the enemy lines under a white flag. He traded his life and an escape off-world to the Claws of Lorek for the price of the Rhino, and the positions of his former Centuria's squads and vehicles. Eventually finding his way into the Maelstrom, Akan finally was able to live life as he had always wanted to...as a tyrant and a free man.

Over the years, Akan has been able to create a small pirate empire within the Maelstrom, with Huron Blackheart's blessing and backing, and has gathered many warriors to his black flag, both mortal armies and Post-Human Astartes. Now known as The King of a Thousand Heathens, Akan is a psychotic reaver and murderer who steals what he wants, when he wants, giving a tithe to Huron (for his fledgling empire's continued existance), and slaughtering servants of the Imperium whenever he can.

Akan's armour is almost scratched clean of paint, as he has never felt a reason to repaint it. He does continue to paint red x's across his shoulderplates, though, as a symbol of his complete lack of loyalty, as well as carving the Star of the Ruinous Ones into his armour. His face is deeply scarred from a vicious duel with a Company Champion of the Star Phantoms. Bits of gold jewelry, rare jewels, bone trinkets, and other odd riches hang from his battered, cobbled together warplate. A ragged, giant black flag with the Reaver's pirate symbol picked out white hangs from his shoulders like a cape. Around his throat is a gold torc encrusted with rubies, ripped from the neck of the royal family of Nesanka Prime, after he and his men had shattered and raided the small hive-city, and sold it's population into slavery with the Word Bearers. Hidden within one of his many jeweled rings on his fingers is a one shot melta digi-weapon, taken from the slain Inquisitor Dionocio. He still carries the ancient battered bolter he once carried as a Marine Malevolent, and is quite superstitious about the old weapon. He also carries a beautifully crafted relic power sword, a gift from Huron Blackheart himself for the theft and delivery of two partially completed Warhound Titans. The double-handed blade still carries the old symbol of the Astal Claws, making up the cross guard and running a fourth of the way down the fuller, and was once carried by one of Hurons' Centurions during the Badab War. Akan is never seen without the blade either in his hands, or on his hip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, one down...you guys give me the other twenty, lol.

Akan The Reaver, King of a Thousand Heathens

1st squad

1. Champion Callor, Formerly of the Novamarines (Creator: Biaz)

2. Kyres, formerly of the Lamenters (Creator: Eerie) --Icon Bearer---

3. Sarganath The Immolator, formerly of the Salamanders (Creator: Brother Dakath) ---Meltagunner---

4. Stavros the Blood Offering, formerly of the Relictors (Creator: Whythre)

5. Morigdan, The Calamity of Meiral, The Collector of Bones, formerly of the Silver Skulls (Creator: Hellios)

6. Barbaros, the Traitor, formerly of the Alpha Legion, formerly of the Emperor's Swords (Creator: Azarias)

7. Hastur Rook, the Unyielding, formerly of the Imperial Fists (Creator: Deus Ex Ferrum)

8. Tritus the Uncaring, Husk of Nothingness, formerly of the Genesis Chapter (Creator: Peacekeeper)

9. Thorn the Coward, formerly of the Iron Warriors (Creator: Spafe)

Dreadclaw Assault Pod

2nd squad

1. Champion Korovius the Blood Poet, formerly of the Angels of Ecstasy (Creator: Noctus Cornix)

2. Saa the Flayer, formerly of the Crimson Fists (Creator: Saa) --Icon Bearer--

3. Maximillian DeWitt, formerly of the Sons of Medusa (Creator: Scion of Ferrus) ---Meltagunner---

4. Nightmare, unknown origins (Creator: The Colossus)

5. Renatus, Mantis of Mayhem, formerly of the Mantis Warriors (Creator: Talmora)

6. Ixion, formerly of the Tigers Argent (Creator: Yogi)

7. Serkan the Gorger, formerly of the Carcharadon Astra (Creator: Tanith Ghost)

8. Apostolos, the Blood Crazed Swordsman (Creator: Brother Excedis)

9. Zython, formerly of the Dark Angels Legion (Creator: Zincite)

10. Loksar Mrin, missionary of the Word Bearers (Creator: Amalricus)

Dreadclaw Assault Pod

EDIT: As I am working on these guys, I will attempt to make these fella look exactly as the 'story-maker' asks, but I may need to ask a few extra questions from time to time, so please have your PM on, so I can get these guys as close to their story (and the image in your head, lol) as possible. Also, when they are finished, I will post them all in the Hall of Honor, with each mini having his attached story / history that you guys have made, and credit for the story going to you, the creator.

Tritus the uncaring, husk of nothingness

Being breed in the halls of the Genesis Chapter, Tritus was told to always look to the codex for guidance and aid. Over time Tritus would forge himself a reputation as one of the greatest believers in the codex and its teachings. His zeal was legendary, even among his own chapter. He held so much faith in it that when he became a sergeant he required every member of his squad to have a copy on them at all times, and then he would read it aloud to them before and after every mission. Tritus had made an amazing success record as a sergeant, having lost no battles, and no battle brothers, and he believed he owed it all to the codex and its wisdom.

It was during the siege of Thrannos Keep that his loyalties to the codex would be tested to their braking point. Tritus and his squad had been assigned to take the keep from a collection of chaos cultists. Tritus did as always, he consulted his codex. He attacked the keep and followed the codex to the word, but instead of the victory it assured him he was given a crushing defeat as his entire squad was killed before they could make even make it to the keep. Tritus fueled with rage stormed the keep, killing the entire chaos cult inside. Tritus was consumed by his grief and pain from not only his first failed mission, but the loss of his entire squad at a humiliating end, and the complete betrayal of his own codex. He created a bonfire out of the bodies of the cultists and at the top laid his own brothers, each clutching a scarred and violated copy of the codex, and placed in the center, a spike with Tritus’ own venerated codex stuck through it.

It was during this time of weakness and pain that grandfather Nurgle came. Tritus was easy prey for the plague god, as he quickly disbanded his faith in the codex and the emperor and pledged himself to Nurgle. So Nurgle sent his new son a rot that would not only strengthen him, but dissolvd him of any feeling or care of anything, even himself. So Tirtus wanders the galaxy, a husk, feeling no care or feeling for anyone or anything. Tritus cares for nothing, not his armor, his weapons, or even his battle brothers. Tritus is always moving toward the enemy, with little care of the danger to him or his fellow chaos marines.

Thats my shot at a character, what do you think?

I absolutely love everything about it, except one small detail, which is totally my fault... These guys, to fit in with the tabletop, are all Chaos Undivided. Really, really sorry about that, I completley forgot to mention it. Is it ok if it's just "the gods spoke to him" instead of papa nurgle?

I like him though, adding him in. Thanks!!

EDIT: I can still make him apathetic as hell though, and make him look like he is on the path to nurgle's embrace (corroded armour, etc); I love that line that he doesn't care about the care or maintinence of his equipment...

Kyres of the Lamenters

When at the height of the Badab War in 908.M41 the renegade Lamenters chapter was battled into submission by the raging Minotaurs chapter, the majority of the Lamenters perished, while a small contingent surrendered, later to be forgiven and reinstated back into the Imperial cause. Yet, unknown to many, a small number of Lamenters had not been present at the climactic trade-of-blows with the Minotaur chapter. They resided with Huron, as representatives or liaison officers, and as such were unaffected by the fate of their chapter. One of these was Kyres. With his home chapter taken out of action and nearly destroyed, he chose to stay with Huron for the remainder of the Badab War. As liaison officer he had been with the Astral Claws for most of the war, and thus, was much more exposed to the charismatic indoctrination of the Tyrant than his chapter brothers. He felt contempt for his fellow Lamenters for their surrender, which he perceived as a cowardish easy way out. Yet his admiration for the Tyrant was not to last long.

In the violent final days of the Badab conflict, facing the unforgiving onslaught of the loyalists, Kyres joined Huron's escape into the Maelstrom. His hatred for the Imperium was great, yet he had also become more and more disillusioned with Huron. First his very own chapter, the Lamenters, had been quashed by the Imperium, without Huron sending them any support, and now he had witnessed the final defeat of the entire Badab uprising and the Tyrant himself. He felt that Huron was not the man he should follow. But being stranded in the nothingness of the Maelstrom, he had no choice but to reside with the Tyrant's forces for the time being. At the same time he looked for new masters, and the ruinous powers soon began to whisper to him. Only decades later, when his secret discontent with Huron was as high as his open hatred for the Imperium, he learned of the renegade warband of Akan the Ever-Damned. Superficially allied to Huron, yet completely independent from his forces, this warband occured to him as the perfect solution to escape Huron's clutches. By ways unknown to anyone but him, he faded away from Huron's warband and resurfaced in Akan's services, a secret tightly kept from Huron's knowledge. Noone knows what Kyres' ultimate goals are, or if he even has ultimate goals, but for the time being, he remains a fanatic follower of Akan the Ever-Damned.

I humbly submit Hastur Rook, the Unyielding

Hastur Rook was once a member of the Imperial Fists, a member of the storied and veteran 1st Company. A native Terran, he felt from a young age that he was destined for greatness, a feeling only reinforced by his selection to become an Astartes. During his time amongst the Imperial Fists, Rook received much glory and rose rapidly through the ranks -- first as a Sergeant in a Tactical Squad of 2nd Company, and then as a Sternguard and Sergeant of the 1st. He participated in many of the Chapter's most famous victories during the mid-M40s, including the capture of the Eldar cruiser Blood of Khaine and the disastrous action at Haddrake Tor that would see his close friend Darnath Lysander raised to command of the 1st Company. Rook continued to serve with the 1st Company for two more centuries and was a member of the crew of the strike cruiser Shield of Valor when it disappeared into the Warp.

Due to the vagaries of time's passage within the Warp, the Shield of Valor emerged almost a thousand years later -- far off-course and within gun-range of the orbital fortresses of the Iron Warrior fortress-world Malodrax. The crew were taken prisoner and subjected to all manner of torture and torment by their gaolers, and many of the Fists did not survive the ordeal. Eventually, Lysander was able to escape his bonds, free some of his fellows, and flee the planet. Unfortunately, Veteran Sergeant Hastur Rook was one of the few who was left behind. That he was abandoned by his battle-brothers -- and especially by his friend, the ever-indomitable hero -- shook Rook's faith in his Chapter and the Imperium to the core. This chink in his armor was all the advantage the Iron Warriors needed to break him and, by the time that Lysander returned with a strike force of Imperial Fists to scour Malodrax, Hastur Rook had been turned to Chaos and sworn himself to the service of the Dark Gods. Rook survived the Fists' assault and fled the world alongside a small group of Iron Warriors. Bitter and enraged, he waited until the escapees had made the Warp before turning on his erstwhile companions, slaying them all and setting sail not for the Eye of Terror but instead for the Maelstrom. Upon his arrival, he quickly found common cause with many other renegades, eventually falling in with the warband of Akan the Ever-Damned.

Rook's title as "The Unyielding" is an old appellation from his time with the Imperial Fists and stems from his refusal to ever quit. He received over a dozen serious wounds during his service to the Imperium, including the loss of most of his right side to Eldar plasma weaponry during the storming of the Blood of Khaine. As a result, much of his body has been replaced by bionics, and Rook has developed a form of paranoia concerning just how well protected he is. He was able to take a mostly-intact suit of Mk. VIII Errant-pattern power armor from one of his victims, sometimes uses broken pieces of armor as applique armor, and always wears his helmet.

@Eerie: Oooooh, a Lamenter! He's gonna be a fun one to paint, thanks brother. Great Story!

@Peacekeeper: Sweet, thanks for your understanding, and again, I apoigise.

@ Deus Ex Ferrum: Niiice. Great touch adding in the story of Lysander into it. Good thing I have a ton of bionic parts and some Mk. VIII laying around, lol. Thanks!

Awesome idea, heathens . . . !

Stavros the Blood Offering

Brother Hamaan Stavros was among the last wave of recruits to join the ill-fated Relictors chapter. During the First War for Amageddon, he and his company were responsible for recovering countless tainted items of chaos, from icons and idols to daemon-infused weaponry. He duly recovered them all and sent it to the master of Requisitions for destruction. Following the chapter’s withdrawal into the Eye of Terror, Stavros was elevated to full battle brother.

While the majority of the chapter began to raid Chaos outposts in search of more arcane power, Stavros and a dozen of his battle brothers were placed on a ‘lost’ world on the edge of the Eye of Terror. Their task, as explained by their overseer Librarian Vortigern, was to unlock the potential of the more bizarre and mysterious chaos-tainted artifacts.

Stavros took to his new task with relish, and within a decade he had made several breakthroughs, including deciphering the Tomes of Arkunath and unlocking the Tamur device. His meteoric rise was cut short when he discovered that his achievements were being claimed by his superior and mentor, Vortigern. Stavros had his revenge and took the fallen Librarian's head as a trophy, but in return he recieved a series of vicious wounds from his foes daemonic force weapon. Now he wanders through the warp, making pacts with daemons and hunting for more arcane secrets to unearth.

In appearance, Stavros looks like a Relictors marine in battered unkepmt armor. Stigmata riddles his frame, the unhealing wounds in his hands and feet constantly bleeding. He also keeps the severed head of his old commander, which occasionally mutters portents or warnings at at odd intervals.

Interesting story...I like him. I'd imagine Akan and we merry band of criminals, thugs, murderers, psychopaths, and greedy pirates will run into many arcane items during our raids; Stavros 's knowledge would help greatly in deciphering these items and figuring out their value. Plus, someone who has intimate knowledge of the daemonic will be quite helpful in the Maelstrom, I'm sure, lol. Thanks bro, adding him in!

Edit: My war against typos continues...

@Eerie: Oooooh, a Lamenter! He's gonna be a fun one to paint, thanks brother. Great Story!

@Peacekeeper: Sweet, thanks for your understanding, and again, I apoigise.

@ Deus Ex Ferrum: Niiice. Great touch adding in the story of Lysander into it. Good thing I have a ton of bionic parts and some Mk. VIII laying around, lol. Thanks!

It makes me happy that you like it. Thank you for accepting Kyres into your service.

With Akan the Marine Malevolent, Hastur Rook the Imperial Fist and Kyres the Lamenter your force looks surprisingly yellow so far -_-

Morigdan, The calamity of Meiral, The collector of bones.

Morigdan was once a veteran of the Silver Skull chapter. He was held in high regard by his brothers for his tactical insight and tenacity, turning what would be certain defeat for many into victories. Over 300 years of service he won many honors and accolades and was entrusted with leading various task forces. However Meiral IV would be the begging of the end for this noble warrior of the imperium. Morigdan was given charge of the task force (nearly half a company) sent to return Meiral system to compliance. It was a long and bloody war against a population who would not surrender even when suffering catastrophic losses for no return. After two years with over 3/4 of the planets population was dead and the infrastructure destroyed, Meiral IV was deemed compliant.

Although he had completed the task he was assigned the Silver Skulls command censored him for his violent and brutal war, insisting that compliance could have been brought to the Meiral system in less time and with less damage to the planet and its infrastructure. Morigdan was then reassigned to the scout company to train Neophytes.

This did not sit well with Morigdan and he became increasing dark and moody. After battles he started taking bones from the foes he had slain and would then adorn himself with the wards and fetishes he would make with them. Although this behavior was noticed nothing was done as it was similar to practices from some of the tribes of which neophytes are drawn for the Silver Skulls and even the Silver Skulls themselves take the skulls of fallen foes and coat them with silver and display them as trophies. It was only when he started claiming to hear the Emperor talking to him that others became concerned and he was taken to the librarium and checked for possible psychic potential. The librarium declared he had no psychic potential and while the chapter council discussed what to do with him he disappeared. No one knows how, as he left a space-born vessel but no transports were taken.

Over the years the Silver Skulls have received a few reports that they believe may refer to him. Reports where a bone clad astartes started revolts on minor rural imperial worlds and who always left before imperial reinforcements could arrive leaving his former followers to fight fanatically to their doom.

Since his disappearance the Silver Skulls have only come across him once more in a skirmish action against Lord Caustos' damned company of renegade astartes.

Now it seems he has taken up with a self-styled Lord of Chaos Akan. Why? No one knows... but whatever the reason... trouble can only follow.

Appearance:

Morigdan is large for an astartes but not significantly so. His entire body is covered with tattoos, mainly honor markings from his time with the Silver skulls, but the ones on his upper head and face are new ones that he has dedicated to the dark powers. His armor is old and battered, what was once gleaming plate is now bare armor plating. The exception being the now defiled silver skull of his chapter to which he has added a pair of silver horns. His armor is also covered with the bones of his victims, skulls hang from his waist, some plated with silver but most just bare bone. Many of the bones are inscribed with runes and Morigdan now claims to see the future... However he no longer claims to hear the Emperor... Now he only has ears for the Gods of Chaos...

@Hellios: Wow, I'm starting to gather quite the little group of nutjobs to the Reaver flag, lol. Very cool, Hellios, just one question...does this mean Morigdan is gonna ditch me every battle? lol. Neat, though, adding him in. Thanks!

@Eerie: Lol, I was thinking the same thing! Good thing I've gotten plently of practice painting yellow with my Marines Malevolent, heh heh.

I'm suprised no one has pitched the idea of a member of the Traitor Legions yet...ah well...

Alright, I had to leave off there to prevent myself from going into pages and pages of explanation. I'll definitely be adding to it.

The Not-Lord Purinator, Crusader of the Purifiers Crusade, Nemesis of Nemesis, The Psychotic Penman

It is unknown where the Space Marine known as the Lord Purinator came from, but since his appearance, he has carved a great swathe through the galaxy. The Lord Purinator infiltrated the Knights Valiant under the name Defaeco Vesica, and built a grand reputation, eventually earning the lofty position of Captain of the Eighth Company. His fame was such that he was chosen to lead the first successor chapter to be produced. While travelling to the muster point, he was granted the vision of a warrior on angel's wings impaling a world on a sword, and chose this as the symbol. After consultation with his cadre of veterans, it was further decided to name the chapter Purifiers(Dum dum dum...). They reached the muster point, and, together with the newly formed chapter, launched a crusade to find a home. They alighted on a Space Hulk, and began cleansing it of xenos infestation. It was here that a sinister force entered the Lord Purinator. Shortly afterward, a great schism shook the chapter, splitting it in two: the loyal Purifiers, and the force known as the +++Deleted by Order of the Emperor's Holy Inquisition+++, otherwise known as Nemesis. For an unkown reason, this schism attracted a small force of white and silver armored marines, led by a fearless leader carrying a terrible sword(Guess who? :P ). After the dust settled and the lines were clearly drawn, they charged into the hulk, slaying loyalist and traitor alike, possessed of some strange anger and a hint of...jealousy, perhaps. No Purifier save one, the Lord Purinator, survived, but the Nemesis fled into the galaxy.

The Lord Purinator was forever angered by this, and, with the subtle prompting of the sinister force from before, set out to rebuild the Purifiers, with the oath of "I will rebuild them. I have the technology. I will make them better than they were. Better...stronger...faster." Since then, he has infiltrated a great variety of newly founded chapters, attempting to cause them to be named Purifiers. Sadly, his success rate was minimal, and those few successes he did have shortly after fell to great misfortune, which is suspected to have been caused by agents of Nemesis, and the occasional strike by the mysterious marines clad in white and silver. Angered by this, the Lord Purinator fell into the grip of the insidious force, hearing the calls of dark gods. He fell in with a group of renegades, and began plotting to destroy the Nemesis, the mystery marines, and the Imperium that had so scorned him and his quest. For now, he simply awaits the right moment to strike, planning the downfall of his foes. Insanity has begun to set in from his constant anger and scheming, which often leads him to become distracted in the middle of a battle and begin writing a book that he keeps bound to his armor by chains, while still fighting the enemy with his free hand.

His armor is of the ancient Mk. IV, and is painted fully in white, with black shoulder trim and knees. Though it remains ornate, it is but a reflection of its old form, broken and scarred by years of war. His book is bound to his right shoulderpad, with a small servo arm on his backpack to allow him to write in it one handed. The left shoulderpad still holds the emblem of the original Purifiers, and is the only pristine piece of his armor. He often takes to the field in robes of black, torn from years of conflict. In his right he bore a sword, as old as he is, with an angelic hilt. The left used to carry a master-wrought plasma pistol, taken from the cooling body of one of the mysterious marines. The chestplate is the only scavenged piece of armor, a fine piece of Mk. XIII, with the Aquila of the Corpse-Emperor purified and shaped into an icon more in shape with his current allegiance. Unfortunately, his wargear was lost while escaping to the warband, and so he has abandoned the title "Lord" until he recovers the relics. Which may take a while. For now, he uses the standard weapons on loan from the armory.

The chestplate is the only scavenged piece of armor, a fine piece of Mk. XIII, with the Aquila of the Corpse-Emperor purified and shaped into an icon more in shape with his current allegiance.

Don't you mean Mark VIII?

I like this thread... The Muse will take me, Sons of Medusa hmm...

@ CMID: Wait a sec...sooooo, you created a Traitor, to represent your frustration at no one using your Purifier name as their DIY? :P Oh man, that is rich, lol. It's definetly interesting, just a few issues.

First, technically each of the guys represented here will be standard (tactical, whatever you wanna call 'em) chaos space marines. Bolter, bolt pistol, CCW. I'm reserving judgement on who gets to be champion (and get the gnarly equipment) based on the two best stories posted, which will be voted on by everybody, to keep things fair. Hope this isn't an issue...

The second issue is more of a 'jealousy' issue...Akan is a decently common-sense fella, and doesn't mind what his band of psychopaths do (worship or not worship the dark powers, torture mortals, run around in frilly hats, etc), but he is still a greedy, vain bastard and probably wouldn't tolerate someone calling themselves "Lord" within his warband. Such individuals would be allowed a long walk out a short airlock door. Not trying to sound like an ass, mind you.... ^_^

Third is more of a curiousity...how in the nine hells does this fella 'infiltrate' newly founded loyalist chapters? :huh: :lol:

I'm going to try and work this out...not very good at writing fiction :P

I hope you don't mind if he's of my WIP chapter the Legio Angellus (a blood angels successor).

Apostolos, the Blood Crazed Swordsman

Once a battle brother in the Legio Angellus chaper, he has fallen far from grace since then. He was an Assault squad sergeant, seeing as the chapter favored assault squads this was fairly typical. However even among them he was quite adept. He was rumored to be as skilled a swordsman as the chapter master, Commander Excedis. His personal power sword was never far from his side, though he had another affinity as well, melta weapons. This developed over his 450 years of service withe the Legio Angellus, seeing as you could more clearly see your enemies utter destruction while using a melta weapon.

Because the chapter is part of the Astartes Praeses, he saw almost unceasing action against the Ruinous powers. The second company had become especially adpet at boarding actions and anti piracy maneouvres. This was Apostolos' company. He was renowned for being able to lead his squad through different boarding actions as if they were simply running drills. HIs most famous action was on the space hulk Death of Martyrs. This space hulk was infested by traitorous renegades who had defected during the recent fighting. He was put in charge of a boarding action with two other squads adn sent to clean what was identified as the control section. A majority of what was encountered were simply traitor guardsmen, hacking through them cleanly and efficiently he and his men moved on. However as they got closer adn closer to the command section they began to encounter Renegade Space Marines. Each with more and more skill. This was when they began to gain casualties. Only a few died but each was felt. Apostolos was seen in the thick of the fighting, his infernus pistol and power sword a blur, some enemies melting into slag and others losing parts of their bodies to his blade. However when they reached the "control room" Apostolos was locked off inside, with only a Dark Apostle of the Word Bearers legion to accompany him. No one knows what the word bearers name is, as Apostolos does not speak of what happened. Only that whent he team was being evacuated he was able to regroup with them but looked haunted.

It was since that day during his greatest triumph that Apostolos began to lose sanity. Later on Gnaris prime He was seen combating a minor Ork confrontation with an almost blood crazed abandon. Then later on his Company was sent to assist the loyalists near the maelstrom. Specializing in boarding actions it was understandable. However Apostolos was seen as reveling int eh combat too much. He began to request for his squad to take some of the most close combat intensive assignments, where he would be in good contact with the enemy. After one particularly grueling combat action he was assigned to the death company, seen as finally having lost his mind. While int he death, during a boarding action of a small chaos troop carrier, company he simply slaughtered whatever was nearby him, eventually including the other members of the death company and the chaplain accompanying them. It was once the chaplain was dead did he reveal he was not insane at all to his no former brothers. Stripping the trinkets from his armor, and using his infernus pistol to melt the sculpting off he bore simply black armor with red x's on the shoulder pads. He then immediately overloaded the ships core reactor and blew it up. Killing most who were onboard, and launching himself into space, he lost his favored power sword and infernus pistol, but was picked up by a passing ship.

This passing ship is what turned out to be his salvation. Part of a small chaos empire run by a Lord Akan, an uprising Chaos pirate. Since then he has been in Akan's service, reveling in the combat he is allowed to see, however he still sometimes loses his sanity during combat, and even has been known to drink his enemies blood.

Appearance:

Standard power armor, except with a studded left shoulder pad. His armor is always the darkest of blacks with two large blood red x's across his shoulder pads. He does have a very defined preference for close combat and melta weapons. This is accentuated in his armor, where he has several burn marks that are almost indiscernible on his armor, and many rends and scratches especially on his arms and legs.

Sorry if this isn't that good....I'm a really bad fiction writer let alone able translate my thoughts onto a typed piece.

And this I humbly submit to you 100heathens, to do with as you please and have artistic freedom with.

BTW: I absolutely love your marines malevolent blog. I try to follow it as closely as I can and you have stunning work.

Why yes. Of course. Do you not know of the great Mark XIII? :P

1000Heathens:

Why look! He's magically lost all his equipment by accident... At least temporarily. Obviously, as the great Purinator, he'll be voted as Champion.

Hmmm... Purinator Crusader? The Purinator?

It involves a lot of accidental airlock shoving, armor theft, and Mechanicus contacts, as well as general skullduggery. In short, it's complicated. Think Alpha Legion. If they existed.

Sorry if this isn't that good....I'm a really bad fiction writer let alone able translate my thoughts onto a typed piece.

And this I humbly submit to you 100heathens, to do with as you please and have artistic freedom with.

BTW: I absolutely love your marines malevolent blog. I try to follow it as closely as I can and you have stunning work.

I think you missed a zero out but still meant 1000heathens.

@Hellios: Wow, I'm starting to gather quite the little group of nutjobs to the Reaver flag, lol. Very cool, Hellios, just one question...does this mean Morigdan is gonna ditch me every battle? lol. Neat, though, adding him in. Thanks!

Oh... He won't leave during every battle but during battle he might go and do his own thing if that suited him and eventually he might leave altogether... However most chaos warlords are happy for Morigdan's help... He can't be counted on and I doubt many if any would trust him with a large force... However he is a very capable commander if used as such and even if he is just a member of a squad he has built himself a reputation... some of his bones once belonged to Astartes.

The real question is... Is he a crazed lunatic or is he blessed by the gods... Who knows... maybe he is both!

Archived