Akan's Reavers

Hyaenidae

Glad you got the storm of iron ref, was what made me start my iron warrirors (well that and its a lot easier to paint than my traitor lamentors lol).

sorry if its agaisnt rules but are you doing a thread on another site for the rest of your traitor guard? if so, any chance of a link, would love to see them take shape as a army rather than jsut a while down the line get jumped with wip for the marines (cool as they are)

And serious props for this as an idea, makes comunity come together, and brought some serious life back to our dwindling numbers.

@Talmora: No need to be shy here mate, we don't bite unless Possessed, lol. I know what story you're talking about, the one where the Mantis Warrior's Chapter Master is on trial, correct? Anyhow, thanks man!

Gods, I'm really loving how this Reaver warband is all coming together so naturally, even with each of your individual creation processes. We've got greedy bastards, mercenaries, psychopaths, murderers, monsters, evil-worshippers, desperate madmen, assassins...best pirate warband ever, lol. Again, thank you all for your wonderful ideas.

Down to five guys needed now, so this is a call to all you Aspiring Champions out there...here's your chance to burn the Imperium down, and make a profit from it (or further your own sick goals, lol).... :cuss

Edit: @spafe: Argh, you ninja'd me while I was typing, lol! Yeah, I've always been a fan of the Iron Warriors, Storm of Iron was my first BL book. It was a hard choice deciding against them, but considering how well this thread is turning out, it was for the best I think. I'm kindly asking the B&C mods / admins about posting the army here, considering that they are led by a PA marine and have a core of elite CSM's, but because Forgeworld rules aren't 'Tourney Legal', there's about zero chance of being able to post the mortals. I'm not really wild about posting outside of the B&C (not much of a forum guy, the B&C is my absolute only exception, and I've run into some really bad forums in the past), but I might look into it. Thanks for the support, bro.

Sounds cool. I will try and write a story right now. Very cool topic.

Ixion

+++

Tigers Argent Honor Roll:

Mariel Campaign

Brother Ixion

Details: Pilot of Thunderhawk Predator’s Gaze destroyed over Mariel III.

+++

That is all the Imperial History knows of the fate of Brother Ixion. Imperial History is wrong. In the final stages of the Mariel Campaign the Word Bearer’s Fleet made it’s escape. The Tiger’s Argert Fleet pursued. Brother Ixion was already counted dead. But by a quirk of fate he survived. He crashed in the worthless desert world of Mariel III. A world that offers no reason to visit, but the scions of Lorgar had been thorough in there desecration. The world was tainted.

Ixion first walked the deserts with purpose, then as the years past aimlessly. Decades past and no one came for him. All the while Ixion suffered the vicious whisperings of the taint. It spoke to him ceaselessly. It told of power, glory, ambition and perfection. Ixion heeded it not. But after many years of wandering, he faltered, he spoke to it. To deny what it was saying of course. To speak that it was wrong the Emperor was right. But he had shown weakness. In less then a year he was talking to it, not to roar hatred, but a simple discussion, pleasant and civilised.

Finally after many decades the voice offered him a choice. If Ixion would but do the smallest thing, the voice could deliver him from this world.

Renounce his oath to the Emperor.

Such an insignificant act for freedom.

None can say how Ixion escaped Mariel III. But he left changed, he mutters and rants continuously, some of what he says makes sense but much of it is unintelligible. He is believed to fight with a small pirate warband, but with the warp nothing is certain.

If you don't know who TA are... Tigers Argent: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tigers_Argent

Perhaps have him with his heraldry with desecration. In my mind he still wears his helmet. Anyways hope you like.

Also I imagine he rants in this voice.

@Yogi: Hmmm...simple, yet highly effective. Haven't heard the name 'Tigers Argent' in a very, very long time too; nice touch man. Since he is a touch on the 'non-descriptive' side appearance wise, any thought on Marks of warplate at least? Or would you like me to choose? Just curious. I'll add him in right now, Thanks!

No beaky helmet, just a normal one? That's about all my preference. You choose.

Also I tried to not make him uber, just a plain nutcase but still ordinary chaos marine.

Anyways glad you like. Very cool project.

OO, jsut realised, other than being a pretty boy (for an iron warrior) my guy has no description of armour etc. basically any older mark stuff you have around, dunno why but i'd visioned him having a head similar to the blood angel ones (i did mention pretty boy right :-p). but if your having them all helmeted then thats cool. Possibly enlarged shoulder plates to better protect his 'charge' from incoming fire.

Saa the Flayer

Saa was a proud member of the Imperial Fists, and had trained under the Adeptus Mechanicus as a Tech Marine. His knowledge of mechanics and affinity with the machine spirit was almost unrivalled amongst his brethren and was praised during many campaigns for his skill at repair in the field.

It was during a protracted and bloody seige of an ork stronghold that the Dark Eldar struck. The siege had almost been broken, the ork warboss rallying his boys to sally forth in a last attempt to crush the Imperial Fists, when the skies grew dark with the nightmarish raider craft. Space marines and orks alike were scooped up, stunned into submission and captured by the twisted Xenos. Saa was one such victim.

He awoke, bound, stripped of his armour and strapped to a torturers table. His hellish torture lasts for what seemed like an eternity but he endured. Many penances in a pain glove and his natural Astartes resilience allowed him to resist the tortures exerted upon him. That and the assured knowledge that his Imperial Fist brothers would not forget him and he would be rescued. His skills were too valuable to the chapter to be consigned this tortuous existence indefinitely.

Time seemed to stretch endlessly. Hours became days, days became weeks, weeks became months and the delicate ministrations of the dark eldar torturers never ceased. They seemed in awe of the Astartes capacity for pain and relished causing agony and pain to Saa on a constant basis.

It was during the complete removal of his skin that Saa's mind snapped. How could his brothers allow this to happen to him? Why had they abandoned him? Where was the Emperor? Had he not given everything for his chapter? He howled his rage and frustration to an uncaring universe, cursing all who had allowed this to happen to him.

It was then the gods spoke to him. A small whisper 'you are not alone child, we would never abandon you. All we ask is your immortal soul' In his madness, Saa thought he was hearing voices but whispered through skinless lips 'yes'. A vigourous energy seemed to fill his wracked and ruined body. Injuries started to heal, wounds closed but his exposed muscle fibres remained visible. With a roar of both agony and insanity, Saa tore free from his bonds and strangled the filthy Xenos that had been abusing his body. The rest of his escape is consigned to history.

Now, Saa wanders the galaxy as part of a pirate warband, his affinity for machines unchanged though his sanity never fully returned neither did his skin. The months he spent at the hands of the dark eldar torturers destroyed his appearance and now after battles he takes great pains to removing the skin from a chosen victim whilst they still live, their tortured screams being as hymnal music for his new masters, the pantheon of four.

I'm not a great writer but after reading some of the others I thought I'd have a crack at it. Hope it doesn't suck too much :ph34r:

Saa

.......or something like that

Well, I've only ever come up with just names for models, never tried a backstory so I hope this doesn't suck too bad but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Sarganath The Immolator

Sarganath was once a battle brother of the Salamanders Chapter. He was nothing noticeable as a recruit, however during his training it was noticed by himself and his superiors that he was extremely talented with handling fire. The knack for making an inferno by judging how the flames would leap from one target to the next landed him the position of special weapons trooper in his squad. He routinely practiced his techniques and seemed a little too enthusiastic in his use of the weapon but his superiors didn't deem it to be anything other then an odd quirk....they couldn't have been more wrong.

It was during the Third Armageddon War that Sarganath displayed how much of a pyromaniac he truly was. During the defense of an Imperial Guard base camp, a group of Orks broke through the defense and ran amok amongst the reserve ammunition crates and fuel reserves. Sarganath's squad was ordered to counter these insurgents and rushed to the aid of the Imperial Guard staff that was desperately trying to defend their unit's precious supplies. Sarganath's sergeant ordered the flamer and multi-melta of the unit to switch to bolters to minimise the risk of exploding their allies weapons cache.....but whether or not Sarganath heard is a moot point now. Cackling maniacally and screaming "Fire, Let it burn, more!" over and over Sarganath began to spread flames over everything in his sight, it didn't matter whether it was Ork or Imperial Guard. The heated promethium splashed everywhere including the ammunition crates......Needless the say, the resulting explosion was quite spectacular and even though his armor was almost completely melted, Sarganath was found by his battle brothers still laughing and muttering about the flames.

Sarganath was placed into custody by his Chapter brothers to await judgement by Chapter command. Stripped of his weapons and only his damaged armor left to him, he sat in his cell raving as he knew that being found guilty would stop his sacred and precious flames from being spread. Railing against the walls in his fury that the flames were to be denied, Sarganath heard a voice whispering to him, whispering that there was still a way for the fire to be fed.....all he had to do was leave his brothers and pledge his soul to Chaos. Desperate for the fire never to die he agreed.

When two of his brothers came for him and opened the cell door Sarganath burst out, desperation and allegiance to his new masters lending him surprising speed and strength. He killed his brothers and sped off into the darkness. Pursuit was made but no trace of Sarganath could be found. His name was stricken from the Salamanders honor rolls and his name forever associated with shame.

No one knows how Sarganath left Armageddon but Sarganath somehow made his way to the Maelstrom. There he encountered a warband led by the Ever-Damned. He bargained his way into the warband and pledged his loyalty under one condition.....that the flames never die...

Well, I'll try it out. Feel free to kick mine to the depths of the Eye if it's not needed/wanted, but I like any excuse to write fluff. :)

"Traitor."

The Warrior looked up slowly from his position, kneeling in the dark-shrouded chambers, at the sound of another's voice. A noise emitted from his helmet. A snort, distorted by Vox static. He turned his head to the floor again, staring at something only his eyes could see.

"Traitor," He repeated, "I am named Axius of the XVI Legion."

The warrior did not move his head, this time, but his voice emitted from his helm, deep and snarling. "You call me Traitor. Ironic, I think."

"I turned against those who led us false. You killed your own kin."

The warrior snorted again, rising to his feet with the same slowness he had displayed before, his armour groaning as he moved. He turned his head to regard the Black Legionare when he had gained his feet again "Technicalities. Why are you here, Son of Horus?"

Axius looked over the Warrior. His armour was midnight black, darker even than Axius' own but lacking the golden trim, clad in deep, voluminous, robes of a slightly lighter gray. His helm angled together at the front to a wedge, portraying the image of a knight of old Terra. A long, double-handed, sword hung at his hip, swaying slightly with his movements.

"Because you have taken passage in our ship. I want to know why. As does my master."

The Warrior nodded, a slow, single, inclination of the head. "Then you shall know. I am Zython. I was a brother of the First Legion. I have walked my path alone, since."

Axius returned the nod. "We know this. Why were you on our prey world? Why did you request passage with us?"

"I was... Hunting. I walk alone. I hunt alone, as well. Information, skulls, vengeance. All can be hunted. And I had finished my hunt there, your assault put end to it, and you were the most likely method of getting off-world."

"You hunt those you betrayed, years ago?"

"I hunt what I will"

"Not an answer."

"All words are answers."

Axius frowned in annoyance, switching questions. "You walk, hunt, alone, you say. So why are you here, with us?"

The warrior, Zython, tilted his head to the side, ever so slightly. "I hunted my prey alone in the past." It was a statement, not a reply.

"You hunt with others, now?"

"Perhaps. Your ship plans to exit the Warp in three weeks at a rebel planet. You will place me there, and in return I will grant you the current location of the Golden Gryphons' third company, near enough to this planet."

Axius' frown deepened as the former Angel revealed information on the ship's movements that -he- had only been granted last morning, but he did not comment on the fact. "And you will go where, from this planet?"

For the first time since he had entered, Axius detected a smile through the Vox static of Zython's helmet.

"I will hunt what I will, however I can."

As Axius left the chamber to report to his master, he heard the faint clunk of the Warrior kneeling once again.

((Hmm... How do you use paragraph breaks?))

EDIT: Added something to make it slightly clearer.

@Yogi: Done. Thanks for the clarification, man.

@Spafe: Funny enough, I still got one of those 'pretty boy' noggins laying about, I'll make sure to use it. Thanks!

And on to the new submissions...

@Saa: I like it, very clever. The only issue I have is that he is a Imperial Fist, and we already have one within the warband (Hastur Rook, the Unyeilding). Possibly one of the Dornian successors instead? I'd like to keep it where everyone is from a different place. Hope you don't mind, man. I'll put his name in, and leave his former loyalties blank for now. Thanks, man!

@Brother Dakath: Hehehe, a pyromaniac Sallie...who would've thought? lol. He's gnarly man, I like him. Putting him in!

@Zincite: I've been wondering if someone was going to pitch a Fallen Angel character, and I'm glad you did. I'll add him in. Very nice, just two questions...

First, Terran or Calibanite? Mainly wondering for modeling purposes, and totally your decision, although I gotta admit that I've always wanted to paint a Terran Fallen Angel... :devil: Everyone always does the damn robes...

Second, he seems to like skulls and hunting a lot...am I detecting a slight 'khornate' feel to this guy, or am I imagining it?

EDIT: Only one slot left!!!

Maximillian DeWitt - Former Iron Father of The Sons of Medusa.

Tough, unyeilding and ever knowledgeable in the Lore of The Adeptus Mechanicus, these were the founding tenets that bound Iron Father DeWitt to his Clan and Chapter following the Moirae Schism that saw the creation of The Sons of Medusa.

The lust for knowledge, power and the quest for ultimate biological and mechanical sythesis - perfection of mind and form. This is Iron Father DeWitts goal! If only those hidebound Meatbags could but grasp the concept. Dreadnoughts, all everyone ever thought of was Dreadnoughts the dead-end way, no forward thinking ever was His Way!

Sent as is custom upon showing the affinity for the mechanical, Maximillian DeWitt was sent as an aspirant to the Forge World of Mars to be trained as a Techmarine. Of course this seemed at first to be the way that he should go, so he learnt and learnt all that he was taught drinking in all knowledge, living and thinking and dreaming in all knowledge that his every sense afforded him. He heard many voices when he listened, but the one that only he listened to was the one he never uttered to anyone else, was the sibilant silky secrets of the Omnissiah, like words of a crafty Dragon with many voices. Maximillian DeWitt was returned to his chapter as a successful Techmarine where he performed very well, perhaps too well.

He finally saw his chance to leave the ever constant teachings of the Ad Mech and even the hidebound restraints of The Sons of Medusa towards the end of The Badab War. He was recovering from a scrap-code infection after a very strenuous maletek exorcism of three captured Astral Claw Dreadnoughts, when he experienced a moment of lucidity, after conversing with the copied dream remnants of the captured machines he understood that the war was a lie or even just a falsehood. He wired three servitors in to the dreadnoughts and sent them hurtling amok through the corridors of the corvette he was stationed on, overloaded the warp engines and utilising an un-sanctioned teleport he got to the wreck world of Badab VII. Here he waited until after the war had finished before he was picked up by a passing Rogue Trader he had attracted the attention of by communing with the ships Machine Spirit.

Upon being rescued Maximillian DeWitt graciously slew the Rogue Trader, his Guards and the Navigator, set the ship on course for the Maelstrom and ruled his ship as a despot creating a Servitor Skittari Army from the remnants of the crew. The coldly clinical oft deranged chirigeon arrived in the Maelstrom with his prize which he gifted to Akan the Ever Damned, in the return for the chance to slay and experiment anew.

The Proteus Protocol:

Considered little more than a myth by many but the ultimate goal of an obsessed few, the Proteus Protocol is an ancient and heretical technology for transferring not only the engrammatic knowledge and memory of an organic brain, but also the personality and will, granting in effect complete mental and spiritual immortality in an artifical physical form. Of the few legends that surround this tech, some state that the abominations created are soulless beings with dark desires and alien hungers that can never be satiated. However, these warnings often fail to deter the Protocol's most ardent seekers.

Maximillian DeWitt is clad in Mark III Iron Armour and a Mark II Crusade Armour Helm through which can be seen the ever moving pulse sweep of an optic of arcane DAOT manufacture. He sports a cruel pincer servo-arm with an underslung meltagun in place of his right arm.

Maximillian DeWitt is due to his beliefs now a fully artificial being. Housed within his Mark III Iron Armour, fully bionic, healing via nannites and his mind uploaded via the Proteus Protocol. The proud and paranoid individual that he is, has made numerous copies of his mind which he refers to as his Brains. These copies are heavily encrypted, self replicating and introduced via back doors to any and all main-frames / machine spirits / logic engines that he has access to, so that he may live forever......

@Scion of Ferrus: A raving tech-savvy nutjob, very cool. The only problem I have is this fella's equipment...I can keep a small servo-arm as a CCW, but for right now he would have to be equipped with the standard CSM gear; bolter, bolt pistol, CCW (as I said, the servo-arm will work fine for this final bit). Hope you don't mind, mate.

All Slots are filled!!! Akan's Reavers now have all their members!

Which leads me to my next topic: Who gets to be Champion of 1st and 2nd squad? It's up to you, ladies and gents! Vote for your favorite story, the top two votes will be allowed to pick their own Wargear, and lead their squads to victory against the Throne, and further their own goals. The only rule is you cannot vote for yourself!!!! Nice try... :HQ: . The two runners up will carry the squad special weapons, Meltaguns.

Well folks, get to voting!!! I'll keep the tally in this post.

Hastor Rook: 2

Korovius: 10

Callor: 12

Ixion: 1

Saa: 2

Serkan: 1

I was so close to finishing mine!

Hats off to you Scion. :HQ: Your character sounds better than mine anyway.

EDIT:

My vote is for Hastur Rook for the first squad and Korovius of the second squad.

I would have gone with Thorn because of how beautifully written he is, but it just wouldn't make sense for him to be a squad lead after his background (least to me). Besides, it opens up more interesting interactions for Thorn to take orders from a former Imperial Fist with Iron Warrior ties.

Korovius just makes sense to me in the latter squad even though I have no idea how the hell even became an Astartes. But it seems like he has the most self-control out of his squad, enough that he maybe able to keep the rest of them from killing each other and him. At least, he seems enough like a calculating bastard to pull that off.

@1000heathens - Sure I was just being cocky with the servo-arm. I would think that Maximillian DeWitt would like a pincer servo-arm.

I just made up the name.

Maximillian as I was reading about Mad Max and needed to lengthen Max, but now that I hear the name in my head I remember the Robot Maximillian from The Black Hole!

DeWitt was the name of the preacher from Zulu if I recall.

@Mr Sandbot - Sorry but I had to get my submission in.

@1000heathens ah yeah I forgot about Hastur Rook. I only really chose Imperial Fists due to the pain glove ref. How about Crimson Fists instead? And thanks for including him in your warband :HQ:

As for weapon loadout, I'd be more than happy to have him armed with a regular bolter/bolt pistol and cc weapon. He feels like an up close and personal sort of nutcase

Saa

.....or something like that

Edit ; For clarification purposes I respectfully re-brand Saa as Crimson Fists due to the small size of the chapter and ergo the increased sense of brotherhood and now abandonment Saa felt before he 'turned'

Hastor Rook and Callor get my votes for squad leaders B)

@1000heathens - Sure I was just being cocky with the servo-arm. I would think that Maximillian DeWitt would like a pincer servo-arm.

I just made up the name.

Maximillian as I was reading about Mad Max and needed to lengthen Max, but now that I hear the name in my head I remember the Robot Maximillian from The Black Hole!

DeWitt was the name of the preacher from Zulu if I recall.

@Mr Sandbot - Sorry but I had to get my submission in.

No need to apologize.

I just can't wait to see how all of this unfolds and how each character is going to react to one another.

My vote for first squad I think has to go to Callor from the Novamarines. I like his background alot.

Edit #2: Changing 2nd squad to Korovius because of his awesome new fluff.

Edit: Scion- I think that's the point, Churchill died before the internet was invented....

Saa - How can Churchill get a quote about the Internet when he died before its advent?

Edit: Scion- I think that's the point, Churchill died before the internet was invented....

*grin*

Saa

....or something like that

Archived