• 1 month later...
+++++++

+++

Warning! Unidentified Relation ∙ Detected…

+++++

Interference Variable Shift ∙ Increase 0. 037 – 0.874

++++++++

++++

Comm-Link ∙ Connection Lost

+++++++

Comm-Link ∙ Attempting Reconnect…

+++

+++++

Modulating Field Harmonics…

+++++++++

Interference Variable Shift ∙ Increase 0.874 – 1.620

+++++

Adjusting Frequency…

+++

Interference Variable Shift ∙ Increase 1.620 – 2.381

+++++++++++

Initializing Wide Field Antenna…

++++

+++++++++

+++++

Scanning…

+++

++++++++

Scanning…

++++

++++++

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! Long time listener, first time caller!

Just wanted to say SD that your work is fantastic. I've been occasionally reading this thread for a few years and recently again from start to finish, and I felt the need to register just to reply.

I've unfortunately been out of the hobby for a few years (time, space, life, all the usual reasons), but I've wanted to get back in for quite a while. Rereading this thread has made me realise that not only do I need to do it, but I need to do it properly! The quality of your work is top notch, both painting and converting/scratch-building, but the level of detail you go into when describing your methods, tools and general approach is what sells it. There's been plenty of little things that I could incorporate into my own work that will either save time or improve quality, most of which I had simply never considered.

So I guess basically that I just wanted to say thanks, and to keep doing what you're doing! Also I apologise if in the future I pester you with questions about posts from years ago!

(lastly, while I can't see me needing any casting equipment, you've convinced me to take the plunge and buy an airbrush once I have the funds, so thankyou for that, too!)

• 3 weeks later...

+++++++

++++

Scanning…

++++++

++++++

Scanning…

++++++++
+++

Interference Variable Shift ∙ Decrease 2.381–1.417

+++

Modulating Field Harmonics…

++++++++++

Interference Variable Shift ∙ Decrease 1.417–0.621

+++++

+++++++

Comm-Link ∙ Attempting Reconnect…

+++++

+++

Adjusting Frequency…

+++

++++++

Comm-Link ∙ Active

+++

Priority Communication ∙ Target H-74 Identified

Priority Communication ∙ Target Telemetry Uplinked…

Priority Communication ∙ 1st Triarii Skitarii Vanguard 75 Requesting Directed Support

++++++

Cogitating ∙ Support Request Requirements…

+++

++++++++

FRmWhA1.png

+++ Diverting ∙ 3rd Triarii Onager Maniple 25 +++ +++ 25.22 - 25.33 - 25.34  ∙ Telemetry Downlinked +++ E.T.A. ∙ 7.25 Minutes +++

+++++

++++++

Interference Variable Shift ∙ Increase 0.621–1.136

+++++++

++++

Comm-Link ∙ Connection Lost

+++++++

Comm-Link ∙ Attempting Reconnect…

+++

+++++

Scanning…

++++++

++++++++

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ClC4Lh0.png

∙ Even longer overdue update, reply/s, and much rambling coming at some point in the near future, and this time I meanit, I think. But in the mean time…

Having officially entered genuinely ‘interesting times’ that it can safely be said will be a significant period in history that we’re all actually experiencing, I’ve tried unsuccessfully to gather several scattered lines of thought together on a few occasions and post something. Now that I’ve taken a bit of sabbatical time to let my brain settle back into my skull I’m hoping that I can get a long backlog of contemplation and consideration out. Warning, large brain dump, with some pictures, coming soon’ish.

Thanks. Yeah, I like to think it turned out well but I'm still worried that I was a bit too ambitious in a few spots so I'm concerned about if I'll be able to easily mould certain components. It's kinda' deceiving because there are 25 separate parts in the model pictured, so it's not just complex in appearance. The design takes elements of the Kataphon, the Onager, and some project I saw online several years ago and blends them together so the legs are free moving, swing backward and forward, but they're not fully articulated like the Onager model. The 'waist' is articulated so it can bend for some extra posing variety, but it should also help make the those components a bit easier to mould and cast... I think. :smile.:

It's intended to be a counts-as Kataphron chassis (and a 'weapon platform' for Chaos or other Imperial factions if they're so inclined) so, yes, it's on a 60mm base and it's designed to be completely compatible with the official Kataphron kit; pop the weapons (haven't even started those yet) from this on the Kataphron tracks if you want, or put the Servitor from the GW kit on this chassis and it's good-to-go, or just keep the components together and get what's pictured, plus a big frickin' pew-pew dispenser of your choice on top.

• 4 weeks later...
++++

++++++++

+++

+++++

++++++

Adjusting Frequency…

+++

+++++++

Pm5G53P.png

+++ Comm-Link ‧ Active +++ Neural Congress ‧ Initialized +++ Data Uplink ‧ Initializing +++ Decrypting Uplink ‧ Ongoing +++ Standby... +++

+++++++++

++++

++++++

• 2 weeks later...

++++

++++++++

+++

Comm-Link ∙ Active

++++

Damn it. I feel like Prince Herbert in Monty Python and the Holy Grail; “… but I don’t want to get married, I just want to, sing!” … “No no no, there’ll be none of that!”

+++

+++++++

2y5LY2E.png

+++ Decrypting Uplink Halt! +++ Neural Congress Initialized +++ Data Uplink Corrupt +++ Decrypting Uplink Repairing +++

+++++++++

++++

I don’t want to write, I just want to, build! I just want to, paint! … No no no you don’t, there’ll be none of that procrastination; get writing!

++++++++

++++++

Motivation Subroutines ∙ Recalibrating… *HARSH BINARIC SCREECHING!!*

+++

+++++

hBAa7j2.png

+++ Exchange Output ∙ Inadequate +++ Incentive Reprimand ∙ Administered +++ Information Exchange ∙  Adjusting Parameters… +++

+++++++

Praxis Protocols Initialized ∙ Motivation Subroutines… Altered

+++++

+++

+++++++

yde8aRC.png

+++ Comm-Link ∙ Active +++ Data Exchange ∙ Compiling +++ Progress Assessment ∙ Insufficient +++ Message ∙ Complimentary Motivational Encouragement Servitors directed to assist with data compilation. +++

Not sure about the GSC torso/legs for servitors tbh. :tongue.:

Naturally, it's subjective, so if they don't work for you that's cool. Until GW offers some official Servitors that are on par with their modern kits I think as a quick out-of-the-box solution they work well. A selection of (perhaps troublesome or too independent) mine workers gathered up and 'upgraded' to Servitors so they might perform the required tasks with less (read: no) self-determination. I don't know, seems fitting to me, especially given the subterranean nature of Atrum Laboris.

I will say that I'm tempted by an idea to create a counts-as Servitor kit that has a wide selection of torsos, legs, arms, packs, servo-harnesses, etc., and make it all modular and interchangeable so they can be assembled in numerous ways for more variety. But, I'm writing a looong post that should touch on such things, so I digress...

Definitely digging the servitors. What did you build the big backpacks out of?

Thanks. I used spare bits from the Kataphron Servitors weapons chopped up with a few extra bits added for some clutter. I'll be sure to show them from a rear angle when I show them again. I wanted the hunched GSC models to appear to be carrying some serious weight to account for their posture.

Yeah, the Servitors work better with the static models but I wanted to try one moving; I have it 'bear marching' to try and convey a bit of awkward loping forward rather than smooth strides.

Oh, there's much more coming, I promise. This is just me being cheeky. I've been trying to sit down and write for months, but I start, then something else happens, and it just got lost in the shuffle and added to the backlog. Despite what seems like the entire world bursting at the seams (interesting times, anyone?) I'm starting to get my equilibrium back and it's time for me to get going. One thing I have been able to do is think and I did plenty of that, but now I need to start acting and it's starting to happen.

A large update is coming very soon but getting it all down is kinda' daunting because of the range of things I want to write about. Thanks all for kind words, feedback, and encouragement, it really is appreciated.

Ok, time for a shameless bump, because, why not?

xpBbEJC.png

∙ I literally ran out of AdMech models to assemble (Take that, pile of shame!) but have so many bits at my disposal I was able to create this chap (and others) with some Electro-priest legs and nothing but spare bits.

I have too many images for the proper update I’m working on (yeah, big wall-o’-text incoming soon), so here’s a better look at one of the kit-bashed counts-as Daedalosus I came up with recently. It's a shame that his current rules limit him to one in an army because I had so much fun making the first one that I could help but make this second one.

Eradication Pistol ∙ Check. Servo-arc Claw ∙ Check. Omniscanner ∙ Check. Looks like a Daedalosus to me. :smile.:

I’m particularly pleased with how the Eradication Pistol turned out but I need to tweak the wrist since its drooping ever-so-slightly and aiming a bit low for my taste. I’m not completely sure I’m sold on the small ‘reactor’ backpack solution I came up with but it does accommodate the servo-skull really well, which I like, and I guess it’s a bit of a contrast to so many Tech-priests that are bulky and strapped with all manner of gubbins. Maybe once I add a few pouches and other bits it’ll fill him in a way that works for me. It’s fine if I can’t come up with something better, but he’s still a work-in-progress that has room to evolve because he’s not the only experiment in bits-bashing that I’ve been having fun with.

Ok, back to smashing the keyboard with my brain in hopes of finding the right words to finish my full update.