Same here. I cannot offer much help, but I need to commend on your self-restraint and all the ammounts of thought you're putting on this enterprise. I really wish you the best of luck!

• 1 month later...
As always, way too much to talk about and never enough time. However, Legion Rising demands some form of sustenance so I’m compelled to provide.

jyi5XiD.png

f8l3u6t.png

∙ What’s old is new again. Before I can really get going on new stuff I have some popular old kits that need to be redesigned.

Seeing that I consistently get emails asking about the future of the Land Raider armour kits, I’ve got to get an update of the design done sooner rather than later.

I think my situation is starting to settle into a new normal where I’ll aim to provide a proper wall-‘o-text-‘n-pictures, but for now, this will have to do.

• 3 months later...

Time? What is time? I struggled in the past (at least, I’m mostly sure it was the past) to grasp and grapple with time, learning to appreciate passing minutes. But now (at least, I’m mostly sure it’s now) I grow suspicious of the seconds hours and days as they sneak away behind me in this strange miasma that engulfs me, with I suspect is so many others (at least, I’m mostly sure there are others)…

dYG7wpg.png

∙ Despite being lost in this warp storm that is distorting all time, I continue to attempt to be productive (Focused? Not so much.) as I wait for the tempest to calm.

For some reason tonight’s insomnia has compelled me to post something, so I hope this is a sign that I’ll be able to follow up with more significant updates in the reasonably near future, but the fickle fates of the storm always seem to alter my best intentions so we shall have to see.

Very sexy! Will you be making something for the other weapon socket?

Thanks! The other weapon socket you say? While this isn’t the only idea I’ve been working on, I suspect this could be in line with what you might be thinking of…

ncYZrAN.png

∙ The Taser Goad is such a quintessential AdMech weapon it was the perfect inspiration for this mini-Lancer Armiger combat weapon.

I’m trying to take inspiration from the AdMech line and blend the ideas with the Knight chassis for components that really suit Knights of a forge world. The AdMech DNA is already there in the stock kits but I want to make it more overt and obvious.

That looks fricking wicked, SD! 

However: it's not realy what I was getting at. The Armiger has two (non-FW) weapon builds at the moment: one with two autocannons (the Helverin), and one with a melta weapon and a close combat weapon (the Warglaive). That Tase Goad looks fantastic and would be a perfect alternative for the chain weapon that is the standard option on the Warglaive variant as sold by GW. But it cannot be placed on the other arm of the Reaper Autocannon-like gun you designed, as the Helverin doesn't have a close combat weapon. While I love what you did on the Reaper Autocannon-like arm, that double barrel makes it look like that one arm covers both autocannons on the Helverin. And so the question remains: what will be on the other arm socket? All of this is purely from a WYSIWYG point of view of course - but I'm guessing most people would prefer a wysiwyg build if at all possible. And I too am breaking my head over what it could be.... maybe a magazine with a flexible chain of bullets running over to the shooty arm? I don't know. 

:)

*Subtle thinks better of an impulsive idea, and saves it for another update coming soon*

Oh, you're clever. You almost got me to post some stuff that's not quite ready yet. Yes, there are weapons to pair off with the Lance-Goad but they still need some tweaking. However, the Auto-cannons are meant to be paired up as-is such as the Rule-of-Cool demands. Taken from my A. Mechanicus... Darkly thread down in the AdMech section of B&C...

FpbdOau.png

∙ So I picked up a box of Armigers for future plans, and then a warp storm hit making time meaningless.

7eXFWZl.png

∙ Damn, they’re a fun little kit to put together, downright easy to magnetize, and positively begging for some customization.

CI7LOlt.png

uBWzDMa.png

∙ So who am I to ignore inspiration granted to me by what I am sure can only be the will of the Omnissiah? More coming soon...

I find the stock Auto-cannons to be so lacking and just wanted to make them feel more menacing. Doubling them ties it in with the Mechanicus serving Knights theme I'm aiming for (inspired by the AC's on the Onager kit) while also making it look more intimidating, if I do say so myself. I'm embracing my Counts-as spirit here and ignoring that pestering WYSIWYG in the name of Cool.

PLEASE do more stuff with those autocannon models. Crew-served, sponsons (imagine a hurricane bolter setup done with them), hull and turret mounted, dreadnoughts, etc, etc. 

Wanna kick it up another notch for vehicle or knight models? Why not make it a three-barrel rotary cannon with those beautiful muzzle brakes intact, not unlike this GE 30mm one? 

6LwOgCj.png

Long time lurker here. I just wanted to drop a quick comment to encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing.

There’s some really cool stuff in this thread.

Keep at it.

Dallo

Thank you! I genuinely appreciate it when people take the time to simply provide some encouragement. I have every plan to get this out of my damn basement!

Especially with the past 12 months naturally it's been more daunting and I can easily count myself as one of the very fortunate ones. But, in particular for myself, because in spring 2020 it was my plan to get the hell out of the house and start meeting people, learning what the local scene is like, scoping out potential locations, all to figuring out the next step/s for my studio, and well, yeaaaahhhhh... The delay sucks, but I'm lucky enough to be in a position that I can bide my time and make it work.

So now, I've got a new plan and this spring it's going to get going. More on that in the near future.

Autocannons continue to be one of my favorite weapons in 40k and that double-autocannon arm is gorgeous. 

I have a deep and long lasting respect for the humble Auto-cannon after they chewed more than one army to bits in my early days of playing 40k. They were always such an annoyingly good blend of moderate strength, range, and rate-of-fire that I grew to hate them.

PLEASE do more stuff with those autocannon models. Crew-served, sponsons (imagine a hurricane bolter setup done with them), hull and turret mounted, dreadnoughts, etc, etc. 

Wanna kick it up another notch for vehicle or knight models? Why not make it a three-barrel rotary cannon with those beautiful muzzle brakes intact, not unlike this GE 30mm one? 

6LwOgCj.png

"Time to get Old Painless out of the bag."

Yeah, it's not the same piece of hardware as the movie, but I couldn't help but think of Predator. I suspect this 30mm beast would have a wee bit more recoil then the M134. GE "We bring good things to life." ... and then make some other things very dead.

I've been trying to find a good use for the tri-barrel configuration on a few occasions and it made what I was working on too large. In this case I think there's more room for it to work. And yes, in general, one of the branches of kits I want to get to is exotic/unique weapon systems for various vehicles. Once the initial model is created it becomes reasonably easy to alter and adapt it.

Good to see TWIN AUTOCANNONS on the Armiger, instead of the wimpy looking single barrel autocannons it now has.

6LwOgCj.png

How about taking inspiration from the Dillon Aero 503D, whose flash suppressor resembles a ramjet intake?

edit503D-Shot-Show-Left-1024x560.jpg

More on Armiger weapons and the like in the near future, but now it’s time for something not quite so completely different…

pyIa2Mq.png

∙ Remember this little biological component? Well, I tried to ignore the idea for later but then this happened…

yWGX6Ja.png

∙ Forgive me Omnissiah, for I have innovated! I beg your forgiveness as I commit these acts in your honour and glory.

Having a deep understanding of gravity manipulating technologies the Archaeopters of the Atrum Laboris forge world employ exotic anti-gravity arrays to provide lift and remarkable maneuverability to the craft.

My plan is to create nose mounted Las-cannons (which makes more sense to me than mounting them in the rear) and combined with the pictured Phosphor Blasters and under-wing bombs, the builder can make the kit with more options on where to mount the weapon systems; strafing gunboat with forward facing main weapons, the bomber with under-wing bombs plus front and rear facing Heavy Stubbers, and the Transport just needs to lose the bombs. Despite me using a backdrop image with them pictured the Heavy Stubbers sticking out of the doors just seemed like a crude solution to me and this setup removes their need. Also, a replacement tail component is in the works but it’s still quite rough. I’m keeping the vertical fin/flap but replacing the bottom fins/flaps with a smaller anti-gravity array.

Like I said earlier. I'm trying to stay productive in preparation for future plans. Focused? Not so much. I probably should have worked on something else and saved this for later but this idea got in my head and I couldn't let it go until I could see it properly.

I'd like one squadron please. I am trying to clear my project board so that when the day comes and your admech mods become available, I will be able to dive headfirst into screeching, glorious binary.

More on such subjects coming very soon. I suspect the glimmers of spring are helping to elevate my mood, so I'm itching to get things going, and there's a reason why I'm striving to round out the AdMech line of kits I've been working on because I... +++ Interrupt! +++ Data Exchange ∙ Hault! +++

Agreed, OneTrueZion, just waiting on the day.

Subtle Discord, your small additions capture or enhance my vision of the AdMech aesthetic in so many ways.

AdMech has quickly become a muse for me on par with Chaos. There is so much potential in the design elements that GW uses with AdMech range it's a lot of fun blending the design language with the ideas I have. Add to that the freedom that the ad-hock nature of the AdMech provides, since so much or their technology is just the cobbled together bits-and-pieces that they still (usually, sorta', kinda') understand, and there's so much potential to create out-of-the-box concepts that still fit right in, much like Chaos.