My Adeptus Custodes (GK counts-as)

Logan_the_Grim

I don't play Grey Knights but I always come here once a week to see if you updated at all. Some really fantastic stuff. Has me wanting to try some press mold stuff now and I really want to make some Custodes similar to yours. Your Dreadknights are some of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!

Lightly drybrushed the edges using Vallejo Model Color Gold ... very bright gold, almost like the way Mithril Silver is for silver. Head tassles are now locked in place and their holders properly painted. Added purity seals to add some texture to the flat surfaces and provide a bit of scale (these are regular dread and people sized purity seals)

883189_762976073728349_160081288_o.jpg

Mulling the directions to take my Inquisition army. Thinking of making a squad of Stormbolter henchmen similar to my Cadian-based boltgun henchmen and a squad of hot-shot lasgun henchmen just to complete everything.

I tried a test fig modelled after all those AdMech Skitarii I see online. Turned out well ... I can make 10 of these for my hot-shot henchmen. For all I know they could become the basis of a full blown AdMech Imperial Guard army if I can iron out the process of rapidly converting them. (Though I only have 20 old High Elf archers to work with)

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/399332_575985909094034_1319526416_n.jpg

Some random photo I found online (for those who don't believe that Beastmen were once part of the 40k universe). This one is a classic. I remember there were some with lasguns but I haven't found a picture of one yet. An all Beastman IG would be an interesting though ambitious project.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/163328_591010687591556_1916826911_n.png

Wow, Beastman Regiments for the IG..........that takes me waaaaay back!

funnily enough, A few friends of mine and I are thinking of doing a ROGUE TRADER era league. using ONLY first edition legal stuff. one guy is actually converting an Entire Beastman regiment for his IG. (he is also using a Commissar Cadet Cadre, if you remember that!  a unit of 10 commissars.....yes please!)

Archived