Imperial Fists WIP Thread

First things first, my apologies to any fans of my Iron Snakes army, as it's been 'rebranded'.

Nothing painted to show yet but here is my take on Pedro Kantor:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_luwz4hzl4i1qd9z3no1_1280.jpg

Love to hear your thoughts, hopefully some shiny yellow coming this way soon!

WotF

It's too bad about your Iron Snakes, I really liked them. That said, I am a proud Son of Dorn, so any IF/CF/BT army is a win in my book. I like your Kantor counts as. I always liked the model your using for his base & wish I could have got my hands on one.

Everyone does 5th company IF though, I say you should go with 4th company. Green looks really good with yellow. (I'm not biased or anything :))

Nice start on your yellow - are you of the brighter yellow or darker yellow camp for the IF?

Hadouken!

surely you mean Shoryuken?

the yellow on the emprah's champion looks a little thick.. and tbh id could do with a higher contrast to it.. yellow isnt something ive played about with too much but a dark brown/black wash in the recesses could do it the world of good i think

That's very good free handing there fella, may I suggest or ask if you have used ogryn flesh as a wash for your base oat of yellow?

Ogryn will give your yellow an orange hue, I would recommend a mix of Sepia and Mud. Of course you could get some burnt umber oil paint and blend that into your yellow, that is what I have done on my marines;

IMG_5792.JPG

I think your highlighting is coming along, but you need to start working some shadow into your yellow.

Ashton

It left my fingers before I could stop typing... the tac boys look like they're all set to burst into song and dance. :P

That freehand is very well done (I'm green with envy right now) and the bastard-halberd weapon (looks more like a nagitana to me) is awesome.

Well worth following to see how you bring the rest of your force to life. :)

Archived