Thousand sons Army... in progress

vonny

Gods, that would both look cool, and sure help, would mean you would not need to rely on a asp. sorcerer to hit and immobilization a dreadnought and for the last rubric to detroy it by hitting the rear engine with his boltgun at point blank range after 3-4 turns of the thing killing a rubric a turn. either that or some psychic power to boost any of our stats, preferably not that though, it should not be that a single anti psychic rule/piece of wargear strips of all but our bolter fire from us, just put a little more effort into inferno rounds to cover the sorcerer enchanting other weapons and the thousand sons get a role distinct from that of plague marines.

Cool Asprirng Sorcerer! Quick question- where's that sword from?

It's from the warhammer fantasy grave guard models. Well, the blade part is, not the hand which is just a normal chaos space marine chainsword.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I was afraid the models would all look the same too, but switching the gun and the swordhand as well as changing the sword really helped make him look different despite much still being the same. And your enthousiastic replies to it sure make me feel better about it all :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

@ Ethrion: It's a rather simple recipe, really

First I start with tin bits. Then I go over it with shining gold, painting in everything but the deepest recesses. I highlight that with a mix of about 50/50 shining gold and mithril silver. Once that's all dry, I lather on some devlan mud, and it's all done :)

Next up, I finished my first rhino ever. Ever.

I had some trouble thinking on how to make it chaosy without adding spiky bits everywhere, and settled for what you can see in the picture.

I should probably dirty it up a little bit with dust, mud, soot, snow, and paint chipping, but I really can't be bothered at this point in time, so maybe in the future.

For now, this is it!

gallery_57765_6699_165010.jpg

That has to bo one of the nicest Rhino's I have seen, the use of the ouroboros on the top with a lack of other symbols and runes is really effective and nice. I may actually buy another Rhino now, though wherever or not to go for the current kit or the FW Demios pattern one is a tricky call, though I am leaning towards the current one.

How did you do the create the rims? Greenstuff/milliput sculpting?

Actually, nearly all of the trimmings are nothing other than scoring with the hobby knife.

I didn't want to lose the existing rivets on the model, so I just traced a line along the existing edges (and made some extra triangular shapes in the corners of the side doors) with pencil, and then proceeded to cut a little wedge out of there with a hobby knife. I used a little bit of greenstuff to create the triangular dags at the sides, front and back, but that and the parchment hanging from the vehicle is the only greenstuff I used. I figured the trimmings with dags is one of the defining features that differentiates between loyalist and chaos marines, and so I tried to make use of that.

It turned out great Vonny. I like your solution for adding the edging around the side doors. Going around the existing details makes the edging all the more interesting. The interior details are damned impressive too.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice Obliterators,

Also as someone mentioned a squad of chosen with plasma guns, as sorcerers. I have done this.

My own obliterators are however converted from Tomb kings Ushtabi models.

I need one more, sadly and GW Redid them as a 3 piece box set :)....

• 4 months later...

I finally sat down and finished my 2nd squad of rubrics.

I kept the sorceror as is with this one, as I got all these models from a friend and he glued it pretty tightly, while my own old-school painted model is falling apart. Better to convert that one if I need to.

gallery_57765_6699_33847.jpg

Their rhino's inside has been painted, and is waiting for its paintjob on the outside. That'll happen at the same time as my fully magnetized predator.

I also made an objective marker for my army - I still need to decide what to paint on the right page (a friend of mine suggested some eldar rune, as a reference to the black library that Ahriman's looking for.)

gallery_57765_6699_78865.jpg

This is an altar from the old GW game HeroQuest. Works fine I think :D

• 4 months later...

So, thread necro-ing to post my next finished piece.

It had been on my table nearly-finished for a long while, but now it's finally done.

All the things are magnetized, so I can switch the main gun (while still being able to tilt it up and down), and the same goes for the sponsohn weapons (except they can ALSO still move horizontally. Well, I guess so can the turret, so it is the same). The ammo rack at the back of the turret is also switchable for either the autocannon or lascannon. Lastly, I can also field the tank without side sponsons.

gallery_57765_6830_210351.jpg

I feel the absense of the 1ksons legion icon is really something that's still missing on this tank, but I wouldn't know where I'd want to place it.

So, any comments are welcome smile.png

edit: some minor grammar issues

• 2 weeks later...

Archived