Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspirational Friday 11/25/2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

Hrvat

Hrvat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
This is taking forever. I just remembered why I hate painting gold.

Brother Nhim @ is the deadline tonight (thursday-friday) at 24:00 or tomorrow (friday-saturday)?

Hrvat

Hrvat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
Situation as it was at 00:00

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The model need 1 maybe 2 more washes of badab black onto the armour and I have to complete the backpack and choose the right colour for the base and bone thingy on the pistol has to be done :angry:

Edited by Hrvat, 01 December 2011 - 11:35 PM.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
It's still 02/12 here...I have planned to finish my legionnaire later today...
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts

Brother Nihm @ is the deadline tonight (thursday-friday) at 24:00 or tomorrow (friday-saturday)?

There's still ~14 hours to go. (from now).
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Hrvat

Hrvat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
Ok after suffering some nightmares about brushes and the colour gold I present you

Brother Devotee Coltrane of the Sagittarians
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
*the last one has a bit of aritifical light to better show of the gold :D

The base is a bit old school and I think I will keep it like that, maybe adding some flock when get to buying some of it.

Cheers

dendrofil

dendrofil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts

Off-topic warning!

I don't know if you've already adressed the problem with painting gold, but I paint it like this

- White undercoat (much easier to paint gold over white rather than black, even if its a metallic.)
- Burnished gold
- Mithril silver highlights
- Gryphonne sepia (at least two layers).

But I agree, gold is a total pain in the behind to paint, but the Gryphonne sepia-washing often ties it together to give it a smoother finish and some nice depth to the colour.

/end of OT.

Edited by dendrofil, 02 December 2011 - 12:50 PM.

[exitus acta probat - the outcome justifies the deed]

QUOTE (awfulawful @ Jun 3 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He gets the following special rules:

Didn't See That One Coming: At the start of each game turn beginning with turn 3, each friendly unit must roll a single D6. On a result of 4+, that unit turns on the Emperor and is controlled by the opposing player for the rest of the game.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
In the nick of time!!! THE WORST BASING EVER!!! But I declare the miniature finished :blink: Challenge met! ** does the deamon dance**

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Menkeroth

Menkeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
Cpt. Semper, he's amazin'! Nothin' to add :blink:

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
Thanks Menkeroth! If I knew the amount of work I had this week I probably would not have taken the challenge in the first place! As it turns out the base was done in a hurry between 07:15 -07:20 this morning and it shows! Oh well...

evolved23

evolved23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts
Okay heres the word bearer champion.

I actually managed to get 2 others base coated. Unfortunately this was the only photo that survived my purge of low quality pics.

I will endeavour to improve upon this. It is also unfortunate that I was unable to base my model due to constraints within the paint region.
Yeah I'll be using 2 for these guys. Base of liche purple with splashes of tentacle pink.

Posted Image

Eripu

Eripu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
I was an abject failure at this challenge ;)

Week-before-finals crunch hit me hard, and pulling an all-nighter Thursday->Friday didn't help anything.

I got through assembly, priming, and a basecoat (all this was done by the end of the day Sunday), and then didn't have time to pick up a paintbrush again.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
Meh, I failed...

I suddenly had five million things to do at the same time...he's only halfway done so far...but he is going to get finished!!!

...someday...
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dark Apostle Thirst

Dark Apostle Thirst

++ DISCIPULUS GRADIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,235 posts
I was actually finished, but for some reason my phone will not share files with my computer, like it did last friday B)

I did manage to use him in a game however, I think he killed 3-4 Wyches and a Daemonette in the two games I used him. Not my most effective marine, but he mostly did his job B)

Sangneur

Sangneur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
I actually finished this last sunday, but life kinda exploded, so here he is:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"It isn't combat I resent, Brother. It's the thirst for glory that gets man cut to ribbons" -Brother-apothecary Pythol

My LPC thread: http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2707405
Critique welcome, advice even more so!

"Iron Warriors! They're so dangerous they have hazard stripes on them...." -Brother Nathan

Castiel

Castiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 918 posts
My model just needed based and washed, but there was a (very) unexpected event this week which prevented me from having time to finish it for the challenge. :)

witchunter kraine - Is Lorgar's crozius gene coded to only hit Ultramarines? The only non cobalt warrior i can remember him attacking with it in TFH was Corax.
"Warriors of Ultramar spotted"
CLANG

A D-B - Also, Illuminarum goes WHUNK.

"Its also a hammer" - Vulkan
gallery_21629_1792_12867.gifgallery_48988_10069_12890.pnggallery_29004_10383_7296.jpgETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg