Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Templar Rumour Roundup Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
571 replies to this topic

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts

• Any rumor about a release date is now void. Due to the advent of 6th edition our codex/update launch date is now unknown. The following rumors may still hold true as only the release date has been scrapped. The rumored units and abilities may still hold weight.

Summary as of 7/6/12
  • Phil Kelly as the author, only minor reports of Ward/Cruddace being it instead
  • Sword Brethren and Neophytes kits or at least new models for them
  • Possible new "siege" weapon. ala Dreadknight level of gimmickness (vague)
  • Possbile new unit/vehicle that relates to "Fantasy" stuff..... (this is very vague too, could allude to above rumour)
  • Possible new Dreadnought, be it Chappy, Durandal, or Relic/Reliquary
  • Cheaper points cost rumours *11pt Initiate rumor denied by Laeroth* and others lead to Horde focus of sorts
  • Very likely it will be the next codex to be released, Rumored March-May
  • Rage USR (or something similar) seems to make its way in with/for RZ AAC has now become Rage. Possible truth to this past rumor?
  • Current characters will return, with new ones (pretty much a given nowadays)
  • Special EC, greatest swordsman ever/oldest serving EC
  • Possible new abilties for Land Raiders (zombie mode) and Sword Brethren (fuzzy rumor of Parry)
  • Talk about a "flyer" for space marines that Black Templar may be privy to, if not exclusive to us.
  • Lack of FAQ for BT in recent 6th edition leak suggests BT release before 6th edition (provided the leak is legit)

Mirbeau from Warseer, In response to someone saying our "big thing" might be a Thunderhawk...

Not as big! But more bizarre! (unless you play fantasy...). That's most of what I know about it. Speculating from that - big buffing thing with a howdah ?!

A bit more for now - in regards to the 'neophytes' (if they continue with that name), I heard they were finecast. Whilst it would leave room for another plastic kit, I hope this isn't true.

Dark Angels are not at all on my radar, doesn't mean they aren't happening anytime soon, but I haven't heard a thing, if ghost's heard anything it is likely to do with black templars.

From Warseer, in regards to someone hearing about a "giant tracked siege weapon" (Related to above quote?)

I mentioned it recently but it was a rumor posted some time ago from stickmonkey if i remember correctly although i could be wrong. It was in response to some comments about the dreadknight before the actual release of the GK codex and it mentions a dreadnought variant on tracks designed for siege purposes.

From DakkaDakka, original quote by Jared van Kell from Librarium Online

Phill kelly is going to write the Bt codex, so that should be great oh and new units added for bt as well. by Jared van Kell

A little but nothing solid. What I have heard.

- Phil Kelly is writing the Codex.
- More emphasis on the horde aspect of the army with lots of large units of Initiates and Neophytes.
- Emperors Champion is more in line with the company champion of the Grey Knights but is still 2 wounds. Gains preferred enemy against independent characters and monstrous creatures.

I will let you know as I hear more.

by Jared van Kell

Some additional bits.

- I forgot to mention the Rightous Zeal rule could be changing to be more along the lines of the Rage USR. Something along the lines of if they fail a Ld test then they are subject to Rage and must advance towards the nearest enemy unit. As yet the details are sketchy.
- All the current special characters (ie: Helbrect and Grimaldius) will remain. Also I had heard of an mention of a special character who is like the greatest of all of the Emperor's Champions and the greatest warrior in the Black Templars. I had heard mention of a bike mounted special character with a lance like weapon but I cannot confirm this yet.

From Warseer

Certain units to get Rage USR is one I've heard repeatedly. (foolishly didn't see the first post... oops!)
Sword Brethren are to get a special rule where when they are assaulted the enemy unit has to re-roll all* successful hits, at the expense of 1 attack. It's called "parry".
Land Raiders, when suffering a 5 or 6 on the damage chart* (so "wrecked" or "destroyed") gets one more turn where it rampage, think along the lines of the machine spirit going bezerk.
No horses as far as I am aware, bikes would be the direction (if any at all) for riding knights.
There is a named Emperor's Champion, he's meant to be the longest living EC in the Black Templars history, or somesuch.

*I'll seek clarification as it doesn't quite seem right in my head.

From JvK on Phil Kelly being our author

The Tau codex belongs to Cruddace, lets get that fact straight. That is all I am going to say on that issue.
Black Templars on the other hand was always going to be Phil Kelly's pet project. The only way Ward or Cruddace would ever get the Black Templars codex off him would be to prise the rough drafts out from his cold...dead...hands.

But later on Nov 28th in response to being asked who is writing

Mr Phil Kelly last time I heard. Though there was talk of moving it over to Mr Cruddace so Mr Kelly can work on something else.

From our own Marshal Laeroth (on various occasions)

I cannot find the rumor threads stating it (there were several, but I don't have the time to search too deeply). HOWEVER, I do have a friend in the UK that actually met Phil and talked to him about that particular rumor. To which Phil confirmed. I was told that he sounded very enthusiastic about the project, but wouldn't go into details or timelines. Just that he was writing the book and the BT were coming (that could mean 2 years though).

Even without my friend giving me this information, there were those rumor threads (from reliable sources) around someplace. Just have to find them. :/

Rumours that conflict with stuff said about from Warseer

5. Tau and BT will get a release soon after CSM; other races updated in 5th will not be updated in 6th as their rules (at least from Guard onwards) are allready suited for 6th. Ward will probably do the BT and might do Tau as well. DA will probably not be updated anytime soon, because its not a popular army and GW does not want to waste money updating one or more armieS that almost no one plays with a separate dex.

From Librarium Online

i was down the local GW today, and found some interesting stuff on black templars. so far as the internet says, they're before/after chaos space marines (or legions), before or very shortly after 6th, given that they're current incarnation won't be suitable for 6th. Anyways, what i found out was the following:

there's going to be a named emperors champion, who's old by BT standards, and has been EC for a while. long enough to be better than the standard one.

initiates will be cheaper, around 11 points, and neotyphes around 6pts. still, expect some drawbacks to this.

there'll be a new named character on a bike with eternal warrior, and also eternal warrior killer.

and possibly some dreadnought/knight style thing that fits with the rest of the army, in line with the big stuff from GK and BA.

oh, last thing, possibly some upgrade that lets land raiders be destroyed by the enemy, but still 'live' for a turn. final shoot and move, the explode in a last ditch suicide run or someut.

I got most of this from a staff member, so take it with a pinch of salt, but this guy's usually pretty accurate with stuff like this....

still, something to think about, isn't it?

From our own Bloodcrusade

From the rumors I've been hearing it's more of something along the lines of:

1)Helbrecht(Cheaper with rules to make Sword Brethren either Scoring or Troops)
2)Grimaldus(Rules update)
3)Special Champion
4)Draco(Will be making the transfer from White Dwarf to Codex with rule amendments)

These are the *guaranteed* Special Characters with rumors of:

1) Marshal/Castellan for drop pod armies(Reminiscent of one of our own's Custom Codex, believe it was Sigismund Himself?)
2)Terminator HQ(Allows for termies as scoring or as Troops for 'BlackWing')

Haven't heard anything of being allowed to bring Bikes as Troops if your 'Captain' rides one, which I'm thankful for. There's a Chapter for that and it's White Scars.

Special Units being brought to the Codex:

1)Chaplain Dreadnought(Same reroll hits on charge, probably fealess to all units with-in 6" like Grimaldus)
2)Durandal Dreadnought(Being brought from White Dwarf into the Codex, haven't heard the rules will change- maybe one more base attack?)
3)Assault Rhino Chassis(Been rumored/hoped for a long time, whether from the Rhino or a new vehicle on it's chassis)

Haven't heard about any special Bikes or Cavalry unit, which is unfortunate as I'm looking forward to a Cav unit myself. Allowing Luduldos to become a bring-able Special Character would be quite interesting as he would be taken in more of my lists than Helbrecht as he is a much more likely Character to allow Sword Brethren as Troops than Helbrecht.

From Librarium Online. This guy IIRC, is pretty good with his rumors.....

Possible release date of March 3rd if the source holds true

By Commissar Davis on Warseer

This is as much supposition as rumour. But from what I have gathered from dark places, the Black Templars as going to be very close to how they are in the FFG books. The Caestus will have an entry and there is the possibility that troops will be able to take bikes (and attack bikes) and jump packs if they don't take Neophytes.

Assault Marines and bikers get a few extra options that make them nasty.

Elites are points sinks, but very nice point sinks... lots of toys and adaptability.

Emperors Champion gets some buffs, but is not much more than he is now except he can target unit leaders, like good ol' Sarge.

Thats about it.

*Another user notes how that would leave the FA slots bare... to which Davis replied..*

From what I was able to take way from a few different dark corners, they wouldn't get all the upgrades. This could also be tosh.

Add salt... The guys are usually, mostly, on the ball (once they point out what they meant). Its generally in the guise of pointers and no straight answers, thus a fair bit of supposition on my part, and includes some guess work of their own.

If they said there was a custard dessert, it could be that its a tray with custard power with plastic cacti, or it could be a dessert with custard, or sometimes they are wrong and there is no custard at all but are right about there being dessert and visa versa.

By Mirbeau In Reply to the above quote

No Caestus coming. Doesn't mean you can't use the forge world miniature/rules though. Little to no empthasis on jump packs either afaik.

*then in another post commenting that Tau are the last 5th ed codex..*

Templars first! I do believe Tau to be the last, or one of the first books though. On my radar Templars, Tau, Chaos.

Eldar I'm not expecting (in book form) till 2013. I have no idea as to the contents of the september starter box, so I suppose there is a chance they could be in that, mind.

By Marshal Laeroth in regards to Assault Rhinos

That has been a rumor on my radar for some time (from my own sources), but it doesn't sound like its going to come to pass. Sounds like it got chopped in the playtesting stage.

On release date

So finally got to go to my local game store today, and had a talk with the manager. The discussion led to whether or not he knew of anything about the Templars. He told me
"From what I've been told the next marine book is out in Jan. But I don't know which Chapter, although it is probably Templars."

I dunno how viable information from him can be, but he sounded pretty confident about Jan. Having a release.... take it as you will.

From Mirbeau from Warseer

A little update - I still think (though not sure if others are 100% on this) Templars are the next book, but there are some miniatures for others to come first....

then a few posts later....

I heard (all credit to H) yes to mixed Feb 40k - so good shout there. I think so, but there are some fantasy waves to account for in the mix, which are somewhat confusing. And I may be alone in thinking Templars are the first of the impending 40k big releases...

We'll see.

Our dear Marshal Laeroth alledgedly has some significant insider info on the codex, but cannot speak due to a NDA or just generally respectful towards his contacts to not get them in hot water. He says..

Let me be clear about some things: first, these requests for "without being specific" things are mostly things I cannot comment more on until I'm authorized to. Scheduled leaks, of sorts. Second, I'm told to let everyone know that anything I say is subject to change, as the upper echelion GW dudes have to give final approval. While I can be fairly accurate, things might change. Never know for sure until the codex is in your hands.

I can confirm and/or deny some rumors though. Like the ridiculously cheap initiates thing. As it currently stands, not happening. Land Raider zombie-mode rumor? Likely. Righteous Zeal IS changing. Vows ARE changing. Blackwing? Nice try. We will be unique, not a copy of other MEQ stuff.

And being the heretical silly man he is; he teases us with this...

Flyer, Dreadnought, and.... :D

Harry via Warseer in regards to Tau.

Fellas ... needless to say, given the amount of contradiction ... much of the first post is inaccurate. Some of that stuff was written before they started writing the book.
No one has got all the kits right yet.
I don't think they will be as soon as most folks seem to think given the amount of stuff that seems to be before them.

^This seems to really reenforce that we are next.

Black Library has a "leaked" picture of something they are doing for the 25th anniversary. May have something to do with our codex, may have nothing to do with it. Interesting coincidence anyway.
http://www.blacklibr...m_Darkness.html

Picture was shown to be by Clint Langley. Its a Emperors Champion (obviously)

From Darnok at Warseer:

"no BT in the near future"

From Commissar Davis over at Warseer

Please take with your acme industrial super human strength salt tablet.
I have heard from the same person that told me that Eldar were likely to be before Tau, that there is some discussion over DA or BT getting the next slot. BT could be in the box set if DA come first.
Part of the reason around pushing BT back has something to do with the situation around the codex, and where they are taking the story line... or something like that.
Same as with the Tau rumour (which looks like being correct) the person I got this from is not happy that they are getting the facts.
If one of the more established in the rumour mill are able to confirm/deny, it would be appreciated, as I could then feed back.

Below are ghost's rumors. While he said he "made it up" it was very short and vague. Some of his stuff did get kind of confirmed/corroborated by others...

by ghost21 on Warseer

expect bt to be the landraider spam army

ghost21 from Warseer

due to them sitting done for nearly 8 months?... n honestly sword brethren are nice

ghost21 from Warseer

kits for sword brethren n nophytes(sp) as ive said im more of a xenos guy but ill provide what i know, vows are less restrictive

i also saw things for something called knights of the inner circle (or something along those lines).. they were named each came from a successor chapter, n the guy who lead them was a bt... it was interesting but as usual salt applies

ghost21 from Warseer

relic dreadnaughts, like a mobile requiary bearer... is what i had heard

Edited by Th!rdeye, 06 July 2012 - 10:10 PM.

He stood, pulling the sword from the stone floor; its edges glittered like sharpened obsidian.
"I will not fail," he said, in the quiet of the Terran night the words sounded like a vow.

QUOTE (Brother Montressor @ Oct 20 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the BT Subforum. We're all chaplains here.

Codex: Eternal Crusaders

My revamped 6th edition Fandex, coming soon...

Sir_Isenhar

Sir_Isenhar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
Really nice stuff, I hope you can find more!

Lets hope we get a release soon.. So that means we can expect templars before the summer of the 6th edition?

Since GW follows the trend marine/non marine.. maybe we are after the necrons?

Anyone have a estimated time guess?

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
My guess (personally) is Feb-March.

Probably later, knowing my luck. :/

He stood, pulling the sword from the stone floor; its edges glittered like sharpened obsidian.
"I will not fail," he said, in the quiet of the Terran night the words sounded like a vow.

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,677 posts
Traditionally, GW releases codices in the March-May slot. In the past few years, its been highly weighted in April and May.
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
New set of slightly disturbing rumors......

i was down the local GW today, and found some interesting stuff on black templars. so far as the internet says, they're before/after chaos space marines (or legions), before or very shortly after 6th, given that they're current incarnation won't be suitable for 6th. Anyways, what i found out was the following:

there's going to be a named emperors champion, who's old by BT standards, and has been EC for a while. long enough to be better than the standard one.

initiates will be cheaper, around 11 points, and neotyphes around 6pts. still, expect some drawbacks to this.

there'll be a new named character on a bike with eternal warrior, and also eternal warrior killer.

and possibly some dreadnought/knight style thing that fits with the rest of the army, in line with the big stuff from GK and BA.

oh, last thing, possibly some upgrade that lets land raiders be destroyed by the enemy, but still 'live' for a turn. final shoot and move, the explode in a last ditch suicide run or someut.

I got most of this from a staff member, so take it with a pinch of salt, but this guy's usually pretty accurate with stuff like that]

I got most of this from a staff member, so take it with a pinch of salt, but this guy's usually pretty accurate with stuff like that]

The draw back for the initiates is Rage

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts

The draw back for the initiates is Rage

MarshalPyriel

MarshalPyriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 36 posts
um...triplepost much?...

besides that.. why should these rumours be "disturbing"? 11-point initiates and 6-point neophytes sound awesome to me. i guess they wont have the "grey hunters/chaos marines package", and POSSIBLY no heavy weapons, only specials, and no sergeants; i am down with that, its plenty fluffy IMO. so, 15 pt grey hunters -2 pts(no bolters), -2 pts(rage drawback)=11 points, and 6-points neophytes accordingly(scouts=6 pts cheaper than marines like now). it sounds fluffy, and if i may add, powerful.

especialy if chaplains work like death company ones, preventing rage's drawback, or like our very own who say you can consolidate towards any direction, not just closest enemy), this could also "encourage" us to buy chaplains, another great fluffy choice.

of course, all that is pure speculation-but up to now i find nothing disturbing.

Special character EC: we knew he was coming. only difference is, I'm hoping for Bayard :lol:

Special character on Bike: i dont mind him too much, glad they aint doing ANYTHING with mech horses ;) so, a bike charcater is OK; i dont like the idea but i can avoid using him, those liking him should love it.
"in the current BT codex, we dont have Piranhas; we have landspeeders. we dont have Crisis suits units; we have msu terminator squads with dual cyclone missiles with tankhunters. thats very different!... why are you laughing? we are SO into cc!"

Riffer77

Riffer77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts
Here on B&C one member ranked the following codex order:Eldar, DA, CSM, BT or tau

On Heresy online one member had read about Necrons in the australian WD. In that WD BT had modell called Grand marshal. So due to that he thought our codex was near.
http://i293.photobuc..._1792_12867.gif

Black Templars has been kicking ass since second founding.

The Fafnir Crusade
The Fafnir Crusade

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts

um...triplepost much?...

besides that.. why should these rumours be "disturbing"? 11-point initiates and 6-point neophytes sound awesome to me. i guess they wont have the "grey hunters/chaos marines package", and POSSIBLY no heavy weapons, only specials, and no sergeants; i am down with that, its plenty fluffy IMO. so, 15 pt grey hunters -2 pts(no bolters), -2 pts(rage drawback)=11 points, and 6-points neophytes accordingly(scouts=6 pts cheaper than marines like now). it sounds fluffy, and if i may add, powerful.

especialy if chaplains work like death company ones, preventing rage's drawback, or like our very own who say you can consolidate towards any direction, not just closest enemy), this could also "encourage" us to buy chaplains, another great fluffy choice.

of course, all that is pure speculation-but up to now i find nothing disturbing.

Special character EC: we knew he was coming. only difference is, I'm hoping for Bayard :D

Special character on Bike: i dont mind him too much, glad they aint doing ANYTHING with mech horses :P so, a bike charcater is OK; i dont like the idea but i can avoid using him, those liking him should love it.

Army wide rage (since crusader squads are our only troop choice this far) is bad. Say bye to anything shooty. it makes us to much like frothing manics..... That worries me about how we might be portrayed. We lose Amy sense of tactically flexibility if rage is the case. Then its just aim them towards the enemy and fire. I worry we are going to become too crazy. Not true honorable knights.

On the other had of they give us some bonus for assaulting to make the rage worth while then that doesn't seem to bad...

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,129 posts
I doubt the BTs get army wide rage. I would not be surprised if the righteous Zeal move was changed to work like rage (must move towards closest visible enemy at full speed).

11 points for an initiate is way to cheap (basically cost of a sister of battle!)

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
I could see RZ becoming a leadership check to prevent rage but it is basically army wide since crusader squads are our tactically backbone.

That cheap cost means there has to be something wrong with them.... I'm worried they will become expendable since "we have so many".

Trignama

Trignama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,358 posts
Lets keep in mind with 6th ed right on our heels, we don't know if the Rage USR will change or not.

A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything.

civsmitty

civsmitty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts

Army wide rage (since crusader squads are our only troop choice this far) is bad. Say bye to anything shooty. it makes us to much like frothing manics..... That worries me about how we might be portrayed. We lose Amy sense of tactically flexibility if rage is the case. Then its just aim them towards the enemy and fire. I worry we are going to become too crazy. Not true honorable knights.

Th!rdeye: The rumors mention that it's "like" rage, not rage exactly. This could mean that a failed RZ check makes them run forward with the Rage USR, but a passed one...means that they run forward as is! I disagree that it makes us sound like frothing lunatics, more like brothers who REALLY hate seeing our own get shot down before they've had a chance to reach honorable close combat (after all, knights of old used to think that longbows and crossbows weren't honorable in the slightest). We are zealots, after all.

Pyriel: I agree, those rumors aren't disturbing. I think you're onto something there with those Chaplains, and your logic for Initiate point costs is spot on.

I'm hoping they increase the size of the Crusader squad.

Castellan Alaric

Castellan Alaric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,151 posts

Th!rdeye: The rumors mention that it's "like" rage, not rage exactly. This could mean that a failed RZ check makes them run forward with the Rage USR, but a passed one...means that they run forward as is! I disagree that it makes us sound like frothing lunatics, more like brothers who REALLY hate seeing our own get shot down before they've had a chance to reach honorable close combat (after all, knights of old used to think that longbows and crossbows weren't honorable in the slightest). We are zealots, after all.
Pyriel: I agree, those rumors aren't disturbing. I think you're onto something there with those Chaplains, and your logic for Initiate point costs is spot on.
I'm hoping they increase the size of the Crusader squad.

I'm with Th!rdeye, if we get army wide rage, we will be reduced to frothing loonies not caring about any tactics and rushing headlong into the enemy. in the end it's opinion, looking at the same thing and interpreting it the way you see it. and why one earth wouldn't you want to use your bolter to thin out the big ork horde running at you before you charge into cc? you gonna jump off the wall at helsreach and charge the ork horde before you and your knight brothers get to thin them out? that rule could make us do that, which would be pretty silly if you ask me, we are still space marines.

on a more agreeable note larger crusader squads would definitely be more fluff-y and probably a lot of fun to play, though i share Th!rdeye's fears about the skills of our knights at 11pts a model. tbh i feel that's a bit cheap for a space marine in general, imo.

EDIT: Th!rdeye thanks for throwing this info up on b&c, us normal dudes without cool friends in high places appreciate it :P

Edited by Castellan Alaric, 01 December 2011 - 02:48 PM.

Oiad

Oiad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,168 posts
Testing for Rage through on an unmodified leadership test would be bearable, especially if it's somewhat offset by gaining/having Furious Charge or Preferred Enemy. After all, whenever a chapter has one of those special rules as a major trait it's normally offset by some minor drawback (Blood Angels, Carcharodons) so it wouldn't surprise me if Black Templars will benefit similarly.

Edited by Oiad, 01 December 2011 - 06:16 PM.

Galadren

Galadren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 692 posts
I really doubt those point costs. I'm thinking more like 11 pt neophytes and 15 or 16 pt Initiates.
"I wanted to be a hero." A moment later, he masked his scarred face behind his skull helm. Red eye lenses stared at her, devoid of all emotion. "And look how that turned out."
-Talos, from "Blood Reaver," by Aaron Dembski-Bowden

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
I was thinking that when i first got the rumor (i was on my phone and sleepy)

I was mad at first, but then i thought about how it isn't that bad. Providing they have the same statline as a Initiate now, and can take bolters or bp&ccw. When they are in a rhino Rage has no effect. If they get FC in addition to rage or some other buff then I am all for the cheaper Initiates.

But then i was thinking....

Rage sucks because it effects your movement phase the most. You can get baited by a clever player. If this Rage is in place of RZ then it makes no sense unless it effects us on our following turn after taking casualities from enemy shooting AND failing this possible test.

So if we get shot, lose Brother Derpy Doo, fail our LD8 test then we...
-have rage the during our turn?
-have a "Rage-like" run move towards the nearest enemy?
-combination of the above

If its ANY of the above then its not so bad if you are clever where you put your Crusaders. This rule is much easier to live with for heavily mech'd armies and drop pods considering they usually want to charge where they are disembarked unless destroyed early on...

bareserker

bareserker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts
I dont think Eldar are on the horizon yet ,on account of lack of rumours.Its gotta be either BT's or poxy Chaos legions :angry: Though what is bizarre is there is a heck of a lot of Tau rumours.

Iron Lord

Iron Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,154 posts
Perhaps because they, like Black Templars, are among the first 4th ed codicies- and follow a similar pattern when it comes to wargear?

Black Falcon 88

Black Falcon 88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts
I could see the fail and rage forward or the pass the moral test and move how you want. This would fall inline with a good bad thing and may help with the rules.
As for a horde marine army this could be bad or good. As tanks are still very strong. Unless GW is trying to put troops back on top of the power charts. But im guessing they wont get the rage in the next turn unless they get charged then maybe they get FC rules at that point just without the you must charge part. Id rather a fleet rule my self.

This idea they are talking about for landraiders sounds interesting. Maybe they are trying to guide us with a nice bone into going landraider heavy? The extra move to make sure you get across the board?

The new EC will he take the manditory place of the old EC in doing so giving us 3 HQ slots still with out trying to trick out command squads or is he taking the place and a HQ slot?
All in all nice thoughts deffinatly pointing us at a major H2H power. So lets hope that siege unit has a good gun we may need it.

On a side though a bike IC if his rules go like Gks and their take him get this rule. Take him and bikes become troops? Hmm massive BT bike army try to grab some of the DA players?
One Shot One Kill Ready To Die But Never Will

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
From Librarium Online. This guy IIRC, is pretty good with his rumors.....

Possible release date of March 3rd if the source holds true

:)

Also added something from our own Bloodcrusade.

From the rumors I've been hearing it's more of something along the lines of:

1)Helbrecht(Cheaper with rules to make Sword Brethren either Scoring or Troops)
2)Grimaldus(Rules update)
3)Special Champion
4)Draco(Will be making the transfer from White Dwarf to Codex with rule amendments)

These are the *guaranteed* Special Characters with rumors of:

1) Marshal/Castellan for drop pod armies(Reminiscent of one of our own's Custom Codex, believe it was Sigismund Himself?)
2)Terminator HQ(Allows for termies as scoring or as Troops for 'BlackWing')

Haven't heard anything of being allowed to bring Bikes as Troops if your 'Captain' rides one, which I'm thankful for. There's a Chapter for that and it's White Scars.

Special Units being brought to the Codex:

1)Chaplain Dreadnought(Same reroll hits on charge, probably fealess to all units with-in 6" like Grimaldus)
2)Durandal Dreadnought(Being brought from White Dwarf into the Codex, haven't heard the rules will change- maybe one more base attack?)
3)Assault Rhino Chassis(Been rumored/hoped for a long time, whether from the Rhino or a new vehicle on it's chassis)

Haven't heard about any special Bikes or Cavalry unit, which is unfortunate as I'm looking forward to a Cav unit myself. Allowing Luduldos to become a bring-able Special Character would be quite interesting as he would be taken in more of my lists than Helbrecht as he is a much more likely Character to allow Sword Brethren as Troops than Helbrecht.

Edited by Th!rdeye, 02 December 2011 - 05:19 AM.

Devjon

Devjon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
I got a link to here from a Bell of Lost Souls article, which also linked me to another Rumor Roundup. Pretty much everything the same except for one thing, which I thought I might as well mention.

-Sword Brethren are to get a special rule where when they are assaulted the enemy unit has to re-roll all* successful hits, at the expense of 1 attack. It's called "parry".

*I'll seek clarification as it doesn't quite seem right in my head.

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all."
"The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low that every person of sense and character detests and despises it."
-George Washington

-My Blog- Where you can find list building, theory, and other miscellaneous Black Templar articles.

Algesan

Algesan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

I doubt the BTs get army wide rage. I would not be surprised if the righteous Zeal move was changed to work like rage (must move towards closest visible enemy at full speed).

11 points for an initiate is way to cheap (basically cost of a sister of battle!)

The only way "Army Wide Rage" would work for RZ is if it includes the ability to charge into CC along with the "must move towards" part of the equation.

This bit about how GW handles RZ is probably the key to making or breaking the Black Templars. If it becomes Rage or close to it, somehow requiring arseloads of chaplains to keep us in check, then why not glue on a bunch of spikes and start screaming "Blood for the Blood...errrr...Emperor!" Well, if the squad sizes are large enough, then we could go green maybe...

On the rumored "Assault Rhino", I really hope not. They will just steal it and give it to the Blood Angels and then we have to deal with open top MM bunkers the entire squad can fire out of.

I still say the solution to this is simply to make RZ read "must move" and allow us to charge on a RZ move if we are close enough. Fall out of sky in Drop Pod by enemy squad, enemy squad shoots you, make morale check = assaulted enemy. Ditto for a Rhino, you shoot me, I charge you. Oh, you just blew up my Rhino and want to charge me? Too bad, so sad, I'm in your face. Of course, the downsides are all based on the "must move" part of the rule.

Former player of the formerly independent Space Marine faction known as the Black Templar.

Not a Pollyanna playing the codex compliant smurfed "Black Templars".

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts
Alrighty peoples just to let you know this is where all rumours will live from now on. We only need one thread so any others will be closed.

Edited by DasPanzerIstUber, 09 February 2012 - 07:35 AM.

Marshal Recard of the Black Templars 18th Crusade.
"...This is vital in that when all else fails, it is faith that will carry him through to victory. Warriors of faith never shirk from combat but rush forward with heads down and shields up, allowing their glory to carry them into the thick of battle to deliver the first blow."

Th!rdeye

Th!rdeye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
Forgot to add this.

Jared van Kell said this on Nov 28th about who is writing our codex...

Mr Phil Kelly last time I heard. Though there was talk of moving it over to Mr Cruddace so Mr Kelly can work on something else.

;)