Imperial Fists *Archamus wip and Land Raider complete*

Lachdannan

Mate, that was the hints of hints. laugh.png

Great work on the Leviathan! And I can't wait to see those Wardens painted up, even if it will be a while before you tackle them.

Well, it does rule 9 Legions out ;). I will return to the wardens, but they will be awhile. I did use some nice bits on them, so will have to give them the paint they deserve one day.

... I have a couple theories as to the identity of your next project. Could quite possibly be entirely wrong, but who knows?

Ace job on the Leviathan! Don't have any tips on weathering black since I'm pretty much rubbish at it myself, but I think yours looks good.

A couple of theory's? Interesting.

Cheers for the praise! I like how he turned out, and I'm guessing I will like him even more on the table top.

• 1 month later...

Well,  I know I *should* be done with the Imperial Fists, but some models did find their way on my table, and it would have been rude to not give them some paint.

First up is my Huscarl banner. I will probably only every use him as a normal terminator, but I thought a banner would make the unit look more impressive. Still has no name, so any suggestions are most welcome.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3922_zps8bp3y9cm.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3923_zpsfy7ejc5x.jpg

I did decide to put something on the back of the banner, to make use of all that space. I figure it is the names of fallen Huscarl's.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3924_zpssogdbggq.jpg

The banner, as I'm sure you can see, is from the 25th anniversary kit. Glad to finally use it!

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3926_zps7y7ovjjs.jpg

And I couldn't resist a group shot with Dorn and his Huscarls. Very happy with the unit.

I also assembled a Phobos Land Raider, as I thought it would come in handy in smaller games, so I don't have to shell out for a Spartan all the time, for the assault units. As always I put a lot of gubbins on it, as I like that kind of thing, and as always I painted the interior, of which I will never see again, as I hardly every look in there during games.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3927_zpstpiejery.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3929_zpsnhraqtor.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3928_zpsivpmh1yx.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3930_zps7kopnmfl.jpg

I decided to leave the tracks off this time, and spray them black and paint them on the sprue. I'm curious as to whether that will be quicker than my normal method.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Any thoughts most appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

I've finally decided to make Archamus, the main character from the Praetorian of Dorn novel. He was a great character in that book, and since finishing it, I've wanted to make him, and include him with my Fists.

KC996_PraetorianofDorn_Archamus.jpg

To that end, I have looked around for the most appropriate model, and think I have found something I can live with.

DSCF3936.JPG

He is headless at the moment, as I am still awaiting that bit, so hopefully that comes soon. The main body is the old Masters of the Chapter. I used a Maxmini bionic arm, as Archamus has a bionic arm and leg. I figured the leg would be encased in the leg armour, but thought the bionics were cool enough to have for his arm. The 'mace' or Thunder Hammer, is from the Games Day space marine, which I have struggled to get any use out of, despite it being such a cool model. So Im glad I nabbed that.

I also green stuffed the back, just like the picture from the book. The head of course will be bearded just like the illustration.

Still, quite happy with the progress so far. I have also made plans to assemble a Huscarl squad in power armour, to use as veterans. I will post more when the parts do arrive.

As always, thanks for looking.

Cheers!

The whole aye so far is looking amazing. Looking forward to seeing archamus once he's completed. Keep up the good work.

P.s any chance of a.pic of your whole army?

Thanks! I will try an arrange getting an updated army pic this weekend. I want to finish the Land Raider first (which is 95% complete), so I can include that as well.

Archamus looks good so far but that shield looks ridiculously big. Do you perhaps have anything smaller?

Yeah you are right. I've been having a think and might have a couple of solutions. I might leave the shield off for the short term, while I look for an appropriate replacement. I'm on a deadline to get it painted by the end of this month!

Archamus is looking good, but I agree with Dosjetka on the fact that the shield was kinda big (wasn't sure what looked off at first). Looking forward to seeing more progress!

Cheers! Thanks for the input. I'll look for something that is a bit more appropriate. I will start painting the rest of him asap. Thanks for looking.

I was asked recently for an army shot. Thought it has been awhile, and since it was sunny, thought I'd give it a shot.

DSCF3954.JPG

DSCF3937.JPG

DSCF3938.JPG

DSCF3939.JPG

DSCF3940.JPG

DSCF3941.JPG

DSCF3943.JPG

DSCF3944.JPG

DSCF3945.JPG

DSCF3946.JPG

DSCF3947.JPG

DSCF3948.JPG

DSCF3949.JPG

DSCF3950.JPG

DSCF3951.JPG

DSCF3953.JPG

Lords of War

Rogal Dorn

Fellblade 'Eidelweiss'

Typhon

HQ

Sigismund

Alexis Polux

Lysander

4 Power Armour Praetor/Consul/Captain

2 Librarians

1 Chaplain

1 Power armour command squad

2 Primaris Medicae

Elites

10 Veterans in Power Armour

6 Terminators

8 Huscarls

2 Dreadnoughts

Troops

Tactical Squad I (Rhino)

Tactical Squad II(Rhino)

Tactical Squad III (Rhino)

Legion Breacher Squad

Recon Squad (Scouts)

Fast Attack

3 Land Speeders

Heavy Support

2 Land Raider Proteus

1 land Raider Phobos

Land Raider Spartan

Vindicator

7 Devastators

1 Leviathan

All this comes to around 7300pts all painted. Quite pleased with it. I have finished the Land Raider I was working on, and will post some closeups soon. I also think I have a solution to Archamus's shield, so will post that soon as well.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

That is a seriously impressive army, love the classic landspeeders!

Thanks! I actually have 3 more landspeeders which I haven't made yet, which are the old Ravenwing ones with assualt cannnons, but am struggling where I can use them.

Very nice man!

Cheers! Love your armoured list too. Love to have a game against them sometime.

What a lovely sea of yellow!! .... looks awesome when you put all the models together for pics ... keep up the great work mate!

Thanks very much, I kinda keep them all in cases all the time, so I forget how much I have painted sometimes.

Well I have an update on the Land Raider Phobos that I posted a while a go. After a recent game, in which it survived 3 turns of shooting, I found some motivation to get it painted and did so.

So here is the Land Raider Caledonia

gallery_31084_12989_415937.jpg

gallery_31084_12989_176685.jpg

gallery_31084_12989_218663.jpg

gallery_31084_12989_364792.jpg

gallery_31084_12989_44574.jpg

I acknowledge the weathering on the side, where I wet the powders wasn't the best, and I'll fix that at some stage, when it annoys me enough, but I think I can live with it for the moment and move on to finish Archamus.

I tried to fix the shield so used a slightly smaller one from an old Bretonnian sprue I had lying around. Keen to hear some feedback.

gallery_31084_12989_191990.jpg

Thanks for the comments and input.

Cheers!

Archived