Conquer the universe! Pre-heresy space marines.

Thanks a lot guys, I am pretty happy with him myself so it's great to hear I'm not the only one ;D

So much better than forge worlds Siguismund and I actually really like forge worlds Siguismund biggrin.png

Did you just add terminator legs to regular space marine torso and limbs? For if so, that seems like an easy and effective way of truescaling. Please share some info smile.png

I added the legs and buffed out the torso a bit and also added a bit of girth to the arms, but I did not intend for him to be true scale, just to be a lot more buff than his FW counterpart :)

Stunning. Any chance that you'd be willing to share your recipe for yellow?

I don't really have a recipe, it involved a lot of tweaking to get it like I wanted it.

It is something along the line of this: basecoat is tausept ochre, then 50/50 vallejo model color flat yellow, blend up to pure flat yellow and then add some white, saturate the yellow with vmc transparent yellw, highlight up again. All this is done with airbrush. shading is done with amethyst wash (dark purple) from secret weapon minis and then a lot of brush highlighting and more shading, tweaking, highlighting, tweaking and so on until I liked the look :)

I also finished Typhon:

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Display%20projects/IMG_1004%20copy_zpsswayeg43.jpg
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Display%20projects/uu_zpsumcubsg1.jpg
and also did some tweaks to my old IF contemptor:
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Display%20projects/IMG_0955%20copy_zps1iki8t6y.jpg

• 7 months later...

Yet again I am back with a sporadic update on my painting shenanigans, and this time it is with a 40K mini.

I couldn't resist getting all the beautiful TS minis, and especially Ahriman, a long time favorite character of mine. This is also my first serious attempt at NMM, and I am pretty happy with the outcome so far, even though there is still some work to be done.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Display%20projects/20170205_212903_zpsf2uffcbe.jpg

Wow, that head is just incredible.

The rest of this thread is okay too, I guess. tongue.png

Haha thanks :P

Glad to see you back among us, TDA. Any Imperial Fists in the near future? smile.png

Yeah me too, I hope 2017 will be the year when I get some of my drive back for posting more work :D

And yeah, I plan to get som work done on the Fists, they really need to get finished sometime soon, I have been working on them for years.

Amazing NMM! I usually don't like how that technique looks when it's overdone, but this is making me question my stance.

I had to do a double take because it really looked like metallic paint with different layers of shade.

Thanks a lot, I have had very mixed feelings about the style over the years, but I really wanted to do some NMM as it is such a stylized effect and really is a lot of fun to do :P

Woah boy, that gold and helmet. Looks really great!

Thank you :)

In other news:

I went on a trip to the Monte San Savino Show in November, along with a group of Danish painters. It was a great trip and an amazing show. I was even lucky enough to take home a bronze medal in the Standard painting category for this display :D
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Display%20projects/Monte2016_bronze_standard_zpsxvdvtnwk.jpg
Monte is on the schedule again for 2017, and I am super excited, even though it's almost a year from now, and I will try and post some pics of any entries that fits in here as well.

Jaysus, would love to see what took silver and gold if that only warrants bronze!

Ahriman looks very promising, liking the iridescent, metallic blue-green.

Monte San Savino have 3 levels of entries, Beginners, Standard and Masters. Mine was entered into Standard, and if you are looking for the entries taking the higher awards, go to putty and paint and look for the entries with gold ratings ;) most of those guys attend as well.

Thanks, the blue is actually not really metallic either, it is also painted with flat non metallic colours :) 

some really nice stuff here, also curious on how long it takes you to paint a mini? do you mainly use airbrush?

on a side note was fun to see you live in Viborg, i lived there a year when i was studying at the animation workshop many years afo now tough

• 2 weeks later...

some really nice stuff here, also curious on how long it takes you to paint a mini? do you mainly use airbrush?

on a side note was fun to see you live in Viborg, i lived there a year when i was studying at the animation workshop many years afo now tough

Thanks :) I use my airbrush a lot, but there is a significant amount of brushwork involved in finishing my models as well. I really haven't got time scale for ho long I spend on a project, it all depends on the project and on my motivation.

Hehe so you are on the list of select few that knows this little recluse in the middle of the darkest part of Jutland ;D

Cool display model! What exactly is the naked dude with the huge metal fists? (And what model is he made off ? Sorry if you have answered this already, I just scrolled through tbh ... tongue.png )

Thanks, the big naked guy is my converted version of a model sculpted by my friend Tue Kaae (Old Golden Demon legend) and released through a small company called mr. lee's miniatures (can be found on Facebook)

Was a lot of fun to do :D

Archived