=][= Librarium Painting Challenge 2012 =][=

I, Castiel of the Chaos Ascendant subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion, the Word Bearers to paint and present at least 20 Chaos Spece Marines and a Sorceror Lord on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done. This I swear for Lorgar, and for the Gods of Chaos!

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! :jaw:

I, Binary of the Throne of Skulls vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion, the Blood of my Primarch and the strength of my sword arm to paint and present at least 2 units of truescale blood claws including wolfguard, a truescale grey hunter unit (with droppod) and finish the truescale landraider "Loricatus Cruor" for my preheresy World Eaters army on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, with pictures, in that time.

I vow this as my oath of moment, and that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence to Angron in the gladiator pits is done.

Well that should be straight forward........

Binary

I, Brother Syth of the Index Astartes, vow on the honour of my Chapter the Imperial Fists to paint and present at least a 5 man squad of Assault Terminators, 5 scouts with sniper rifles and an Iron clad dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, angry man of the Chaos Ascendant subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter legion to paint and present at least 2 squads of 5 marines, a rhino, 2 squads of 5 havoks and 2 razorbacks on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

AM

Hmm, well having failed the vow for two year running, perhaps it will be third time lucky. :lol:

I, Aurelius Rex of the Liber Astartes, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present a Scions of Dorn Sixth Company biker force made up of a bike mounted captain and command squad along with an Attack Bike squadron on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Dante Silas of the Space Wolves, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Rune Priest, 9 Blood Claws and 1 Drop Pod on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Olisredan of the Index Astartes, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one entire Imperial Fist Captain and one entire Storm Wardens Contemptor Dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

VOW UPDATED 05-01-12

I fear my initial vow had become alittle Custode heavy, additions in Red

I, Grotsmasha of the Dark Angels sub-forum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 x Razorback, 1 x Custodian on Jetbike & 1 x Custodian Contemptor Dreadnaught, 1 x Assault Sgt, 1 x Tactical Sgt.....and....THE LION HIMSELF !!! on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I know, I know, still haven't submitted my article from last years failure !!! It's written......but the Librarium is STILL closed...

Grotsmasha's LPC 2012 WIP Thread

Cheers,

Jono

I, Dark Apostle Thirst of the Homegrown Rules forum, do so vow on the Chaos God's occassional handshake, the Emperor's wheelchair, Angron's angry slam, Aerion the Faithful's artwork, and also Pulse's, the ramen noodles I just ate AND the LPC itself, to paint two most unholy Word Bearers (one of which shall bear a meltagun with the intention of roasting tyranid, ork, and eldar), two marines of the Sons of Malice (one of which shall bear the Mark of Nurgle Desecrated), two Red Corsairs (one of which shall bear a bolter, and so will the other one), one Alpha Legionaire (who shall bear a heavy bolter, because it's loud and obvious), and Former Chapter Master Deinos of the Word Bearers, now Battle-Brother Deinos of the Sons of Malice (who shall bear Homegrown Rules), and finally two Thousand Sons (who shall count-as regular Chaos Marines, and are two marines, not two thousand, despite the misleading wording). Should I fail, nothing will happen, however do not be surprised if the sound of palm meeting forehead will echo throughout the forum, and a banner of shame appears myseriously in my signature.

That is all.

I, Khestra the Unbeheld of Chaos Ascendant, steadfastly vow upon the mighty Axe of Khorne, the thousand Whispers of Slaanesh, the twelve Plagues of Nurgle, and the thirty-seven Keys of Tzeentch, to paint and present one Daemon Prince and two Rhino transports on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I will condescend just enough to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. Furthermore, I swear upon the Eightfold Path and the echoes of worthless ignominy earned that should I fail in this task, the Dark Gods will break me on a crucible of my own torments, and I will provide the Librarium with an article steeped in my agonies and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done and I can scream no more.

I, Psyberius Daemonbane of the Red Templars, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present Grand Master Vermillion Dawn riding his Raider Pattern Space Marine Bike on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, -Max- of the Chaos Ascendant subforum, deliberately and with much malice of forethought, in the most sacred memory of the Warmaster and the Legions who answered His call to rid the galaxy of the False Emperor and free all of Mankind from decrepit rule, putting my reputation on the line for the honor of my piratical, thieving warband the Iron Hounds for their everlasting glory, and so that they may ride and fight in style, do solemnly vow to paint and present:

2 Chaos Land Raiders

1 Chaos Vindicator

1 Chaos Rhino, designated R-10/3 (in addition to finishing the partially painted Rhino from my WIP known as R-10/2 "Ulfknacker")

2 Chaos Predators

3 Defilers

1 Dreadclaw (conversion)

And stolen from the dogs of the False Emperor and corrupted to our nefarious purposes:

3 Land Speeders

1 Storm Raven

And adding to the goals of my glorious Chaos Marine warband:

I will also paint and present the B&C Mini Persona diorama I constructed and have displayed in my WIP thread.

I will have these vehicles and diorama painted and presented on or before the 31st of March, 2012, along with at least two WIP updates with pictures.

I vow that in the laughably unlikely event I should fail I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penance period is over.

I further vow that should I fail I will construct, paint, and present a diorama depicting the shameful display of hubris and lack of motivation in question.

Death to the False Emperor! Glory to the Warmaster and the true inheritors of the galaxy!

PROGRESS EDIT:

I've got my first LPC update up in my ongoing WIP thread. The LPC updates start here, and my official second update of the required "at least two" is here.

I, HellHunter of the Dornian Heresy Death Guard, of the Liber Astartes, vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion to paint and present at least two five-man squads of assault marines and one five man squad of scouts on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Kierdale of the Planet of Sorcerers, vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion to paint and present at least 1 Scout Squad on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Jackpet of the Black Templars, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present a Dreadnought and a Marshal on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

It's on! B)

I, jerryrich77 of the Legio Morbidius, vow upon the souls of 10,000 rabid bunnies to paint 30 converted plague marines, 2 with powerfists, 2 with meltas and 2 with plasma guns. I will also present 1 Lord on palaquin. May the souls of 7 festering xenos plague my sleep if i don't present 2 updates with Pics. Should i fail, I will wear the Signature Shame and provide one article. May Papa Nurgle bless me with a fevered imagination and many restless nights until this challenge is complete.

Just a few answers to questions I've been sent via PM.

Since the Librarium is closed, people who failed last year's LPC don't need to worry about the owed article for this challenge. But if you have completed it, post it in here for now and a Staff member will add it once the Librarium is reopened.

Any LPC-related WIP threads can be posted in here anytime or edited into your initial vow thread. Or they can be provided with the link or post of the final photos. I encourage people to post them when you start, it helps attracts viewers to your models' threads for one and help spreads the pain happiness of competition :teehee:

Right 2012, new year new start, let's see if I can beat 2011's record of 2 models in 1 year.

I, Jimmy Carmine of no particular subforum, I just wander about looking at the pretty pictures to be honest, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 20 Space Marine infantry (of varied but codex legal, possibly impractical, configurations) on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates by the end of January and February respectively, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Edit: WIP thread can be found here.

I, Leonaides of the Blood Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present a fully painted Contemptor on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, KhorneHunter57x, participating on behalf of the Index Astartes sub-forum, vow on the honor of my Chapter to paint, base, and present the following from the Doom Legion Chapter:

1 Terminator Captain, 1 Terminator Librarian, 5 Command Squad Marines, 20 Terminators, 20 Scouts, 40 Devastator Marines, 2 Razorbacks, 1 Rhino, 2 Predators, 1 Land Raider Ares, 1 Land Raider Terminus Ultra, 1 Land Raider Helios (conversion), 1 Brother-Sergeant Chronus and one Space Marine Statue,

on or before the 31st of March, 2012 (0252012.M3). I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with two articles (in addition to the one I already owe them) and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Yeah. :D 97 minis. Over 4,000 points. What have I done? :P

Lament, Brothers!

I, sister Vonny assigned to the the Blood Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a full 10-man tactical squad of Lamenters on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I shall try not to go mad from the massive amount of yellow I shall need to be painting, nor the freehands and paint chipping I shall have to spinkleall over these guys.

To preserve my sanity and not be executed by my own hand, I shall also provide both a generic Sorceror of the Thousand Sons chapter, as well as Ahriman of the Thousand sons, to divert my attention away from yellow.

This should bring the total amount of miniatures finished before the 31st of march 2012 to, how fitting... 12!

I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I too shall throw in my gauntlet....

I, Lord Bearer, newly approinted Shadow Captain of the Raven Guard, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present a Landspeed Storm with a 5-man squad of Scount Snipers. Two drop pods and a Contemptor Dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Keith of the Index Astartes forum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Captain, and a 5 man squad of some description on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

A start!! http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=244619

Yeah. :) 97 minis. Over 4,000 points. What have I done? :lol:

You really want those cards, don't you? ;)

I, Battle-Brother Ludovic, vow in the name of the Ultramarines Chapter to fully assemble, paint and base a demi-Tactical Squad by the deadline given above.

I will also vow, to balance things out, in the name of Khorne, Lord of Blood, to fully assemble, paint and base between four and eight Khornate followers (so not necessarily Berzerkers). I hope that this year, I will be able to complete the Challenge and not have to add a third article to my list of submissions!

You will be able to follow my progress on this on my blog, of which you can find a link in my signature below.

If I shall fail, may the Lord of the Chapter and/or the Lord of Blood strike me down and make me wear a horrific yet compulsory sign of penance that is the "Fail LPC" Banner.

Good luck to all you lads and lasses!

Ludovic

I, Terrahawk of the Blood Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one fearsome Death Company Dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Archived