=][= Librarium Painting Challenge 2012 =][=

Ugh.

This is how Aspiring Champions become Chaos Spawns...

So I failed the LPC this year. I owe the article (I wonder if the one I submitted last year when I didn't know it was closed would count?) and the further diorama I pledged, plus I still have all this stuff to finish.

But, like the Legions I love so much, I remain proud, and I promise to continue the Long War (against my unpainted models) from the Eye of Terror.

Ave Dominus Bellum

I have posted my pictures showing my barely-completed vow. I would like to know if the hatch I discussed in the post makes me fail it, however. Long story short, when I was finishing the last tank, I found that I was straight-up missing one tank hatch. I really hope this doesn't make me fail, because it would be the singularly dumbest way to fail an LPC vow.

Anyway, pictures are posted here

When I started this year I had no job and no girl. All I held in my hands were paints and promise. Since then, I've gotten a job and a girl and life has been great. The LPC has been the motivator for me to get more of my army painted and while I had quite the ambitious oath (at least one model from every FOC slot), I only finished about half of it. Here is my oath and what didn't get done:

HQ: 1 AoBR Captain (partially finished)

Troops: 1 ten man Tactical squad (complete) and their dedicated Rhino Transport (unfinished)

Elite: 1 Apothecary (complete)

Fast Attack: 1 biker (unfinished)

Heavy Support: 1 dreadnought (unfinished)

11/15 models complete

In the meantime, this is what I got accomplished:

-Reorganized the room I paint in and got a dedicated painting table.

-Got two lamps for opposite ends of the table.

-Organized paints and threw away dried up old paint. (Including my boltgun metal.) :P

-Converted 20 tactical marines to assault marines.

So while the LPC has been one of the motivators for me to paint my army, I believe that all the non-oath stuff I got done will really drive me to convert and paint more than I have in the past. I look forward to sharing an article with the B&C community as well as finishing my oath in this next year.

Final Subforum Tally

Dark Angels - 42 (81%)

Blood Angels - 24 (40%)

Black Templars - 21 (44%)

Index Astartes - 15 (41%)

Chaos Ascendant - 10 (32%)

Legio - 9 (53%)

Space Wolves - 9 (43%

Liber Astartes - 9 (38%)

Ultramarines - 7 (58%)

Ordos Inquisition - 5 (24%)

Homegrown Rules – 1 (100%!)

Adeptus Mechanicus - 0

The winner of the subforum tally this year is the Dark Angels! This was done with a stunning 81% completion rate, far out in front of everyone. So they'll be getting a spiffy new signature soon.

For those that failed, here's the traditional Vow Failed signature. Wear it with pride :lol: There should be some news on what to do with articles soon too.
gallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

For the successful vowees, here's this years Vow Complete signature (as already styled by a number of members)
gallery_21629_1792_12867.gif

Card Winners

• One card to the person with the fanciest/funniest vow (please just leave your name, the subforum you're vowing for and the amount of models clear or in bold if you go for this)
  • One each to three people with the biggest completed vows
  • One each to eight randomly drawn people who have managed to complete their vows
  • One each to the first three people who get a Librarium article in after failing

The card winners are

• Kaldoth, Khestra the Unbeheld and Chapter Master Ignis Domus
  • travisb7, Stolidfox, kaika87
  • Grey Paladin, Ming, The Prophet, roooooot, Sinful eyes, twofour878, zxyogi, Brother Christopher

I'll be in contact shortly guys.

Remember, there are still 3 cards up for grabs for the first 3 people to get articles in after failing. I'll outline how to do this shortly.

With approximately 145 vows completed, this has been the biggest LPC yet :unsure: Thank you all for your participation, I hope you got some painted models out of it (even if it was only the leg of a model or a basecoat B) ).

Cheers,
Sig

Land Slide.

Say it with me.

Land slide. I'm guessing so many DA players finished because y'all are expecting to become the new Games Workshop poster boys with the new edition/boxed set...

But in all seriousness, congratulations to the DA subforum! And congrats to all those who completed their vows. Also, thank you to those who did not, instead choosing the higher path of supplying the Librarium with more articles :)

-travisb7, Templar.

Land Slide.

Say it with me.

Land slide. I'm guessing so many DA players finished because y'all are expecting to become the new Games Workshop poster boys with the new edition/boxed set...

No, we just finally wanted to be the best at something again lol.

Archived