Grotsmasha's LPC 2012 W.I.P Thread

Grotsmasha

• 1 month later...

I know I said I was leaving him to last, but I changed my mind,

Lion el Jonson PIP, with and without flash

gallery_48988_5384_370082.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_523655.jpg

True colour is somehere between the two pics. Still to go is the sword, Plasma pistol, more on the hair and face and a bunch of touchups.

C&C as usual,

Jono

Quick question on the Lion Sword, is there any fluff on what it looks like? ATM I'm thinking either a black sword like the Sword of Secrets, or a Golden blade. But would a golden blade (I'll be doing the case of the PP in gold) be too much gold?

EDIT: New option, Gold blade with company veteran's sword method in red?

Cheers,

Jono

@ Doghouse: Cheers!!! I'm also looking into ways to make it completely interchangable between all the variants, Rhino/Razor/Vindi/Pred. I've also purchased parts and have started measuring/cutting for another two.

Cheers,

Jono

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, I present to you Lion el Jonson, Primarch of the 1st Legion Astartes,

gallery_48988_5384_50565.jpg

As far as the LPC is concerned, he's done. Once my vow is completed I intend on redoing the face and hair.

Just the Land Rhino/Razor to go now.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

VOW COMPLETE !!!! FOR THE LION !!!!

So to refreash everyone, my vow was...

I, Grotsmasha of the Dark Angels sub-forum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 x Razorback, 1 x Custodian on Jetbike & 1 x Custodian Contemptor Dreadnaught, 1 x Assault Sgt, 1 x Tactical Sgt.....and....THE LION HIMSELF !!! on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Group shot

gallery_48988_6803_347239.jpg

Lion el Jonson

gallery_48988_6803_180224.jpg

Custodian Contemptor

gallery_48988_6803_477647.jpg

Tactical and Assault Sgts

gallery_48988_6803_349647.jpg

Custodian on Jetbike

gallery_48988_6803_147826.jpg

gallery_48988_6803_176421.jpg

True Scale Rhino/Razor

gallery_48988_6803_139336.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

Excellent work Grotsmasha! My personal favorite is the kneeling Conttemptor! But the jetbike is also very cool! I just hope FW will release Custodes stuff some day - I'll start an army on the spot! :P

The Lion is cool - I think you said you'll work some more on him after the LPC is over, I look fwd for that!

Again Congratulations for completing your vow!

For the Lion!

Archived