Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[LPC] roooooot's Ultramarines Vow WIP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
Posted Image

Got a little productive ahead of time and got the blue down, with most of the metal done as well.

More to come!

Edited by roooooot, 14 January 2012 - 08:56 PM.

gallery_21629_1792_12867.gif   Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Ugh

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Looking good.

Good luck.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts
Well, that was quick, brother. You might have nothing to do in February. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts

Well, that was quick, brother. You might have nothing to do in February. :P

Hah! Sadly I go back to work tomorrow, these few things could sit there for a while after this burst of productivity.

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
LPC updated. Mostly been working on ol' Claddy here.

Posted Image

Magnetized the HK missiles up top, the rest just comes on/off like normal.

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
First freehand banner ever, as you can tell by the fact it looks like a 5 year old did it. :)

WIP rhinos are all photobombing in the background.

Posted Image

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Looking good so far.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
The other vow pieces were come along ahead of schedule so I decided to add some marines that have been sitting around for too long in various states of doneness to the vow. From full on basecoat only marines, to just needing a few details added heavy weapons marines.

Posted Image

Furniture

Furniture

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
Looking great! Also, a nice banner on the Dread. Freehand banners always cause the most worry, but they also tend to be the most rewarding, because you can always take pride in them in the long run. Looking at your army brings back some long-buried feelings of nostalgia, because my very first 40k army was an Ultramarines force back in 3rd ed. Keep it up, and good luck completing your vow.

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
Ol' Irocnladdy is finished.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,304 posts
Dread looks really good! Good blue and highlights, the metalwork is nice too. My only advice would be to drill out the Bolter barrels.

Ah-a-nothepsis

Ah-a-nothepsis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Actually, I really like your banner. Your freehand skill doesn't need to be perfect- Everything looks uniform and clean. The checkers really balance the banner out when you look at it, and add to the appeal

Keep it up

Edited by Ah-a-nothepsis, 23 January 2012 - 05:55 AM.

"Astartes first, psykers second." - Ahzek Ahriman

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts

Dread looks really good! Good blue and highlights, the metalwork is nice too. My only advice would be to drill out the Bolter barrels.

Yah my pin vice all of a sudden won't clamp down hard enough on the smaller bits. I am gonna try taping it up and seeing if the extra padding on it helps.

Actually, I really like your banner. Your freehand skill doesn't need to be perfect- Everything looks uniform and clean. The checkers really balance the banner out when you look at it, and add to the appeal

Keep it up

Thanks! I am only really bothered the UM omega, but it ain't no thing to repaint it over if I have time once I finish the rest of my vow.

calgar101

calgar101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,212 posts
I really dig your Iron Clad, it looks fantastic and so does your banner.

Courage and Honour!

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
Update tie!

Progress: two one Rhino/Razorback, one Ironclad Dreadnought, one full Tactical squad, one combat Tactical squad, and four heavy weapon Marines

Rhino/RB 1 of 2
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Heavy weapon marines (to be mixed into Tactical squads)
Posted Image

Tactical Squad, playing with more dynamic poses and my first attempt at a proper power weapon ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Still left: Rhino/RB 2 of 2, and a combat squad.

greatcrusade08

greatcrusade08

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,547 posts
hey Roooooot, making a fair amount of progress.
good to see your flying the colours, not many of us this year

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts
All looking good so far. One teeny weeny nitpick - some of the barrels need drilling. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,061 posts
All in all, they be some nice Ultras !!!

Concerning the pin vice, if you have GW's (or any of the same design), there's a spare "clamp" bit in the base, it unscrews the opposite way, incase you were unaware it's there.

Cheers,
Jono

gallery_48988_6285_23120.png gallery_48988_10069_37975.png gallery_48988_15151_1205.pnggallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_3128.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Help fund the B&C : Buy a model painted by me

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
One more rhino/razorback down. Combat squad is all that's left to finish for my LPC vow!

Also it's my first attempt at bullet holes, and I'm quite pleased with the results. My pin vice has been acting shady after leaving some larger bits clamped in it and it wouldn't tighten on the smaller supplied bits any more; duct tape to the rescue!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Rhino hatch
Posted Image

Posed with it's LPC vow brother
Posted Image

(Muds are slightly different colour, I hadn't washed the new one yet with Devlan. Heh, washing mud. I AM SO FUNNY.)

alejandrinus

alejandrinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts
Awesome job roooooot, really liking the mud fx on your rhino/razors, you finished a lot of your army in short time, would you put a pic of your painted army altogether here or in your Strike Force Malleus thread?
Keep the good work ;)

“Three Legions of Marines stand to defend you, sire. All of us will unflinchingly place ourselves between you and the war’s desolation.
We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark.
In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant,
I have never known fear – but your silence terrifies me.”
- Primarch Sanguinius during the Battle for Terra.

My WIP Blood Angels Army
TUTORIAL: Easy MkIV Maximus Assault Marines Torsos

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg

roooooot

roooooot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts

Awesome job roooooot, really liking the mud fx on your rhino/razors, you finished a lot of your army in short time, would you put a pic of your painted army altogether here or in your Strike Force Malleus thread?
Keep the good work :tu:

Thanks!

The mud is a cattafish / FF151 recipe: . I love doing it. The far future is grim and dirty; who has time to wash when you are smashing xenos heads in.

I've been meaning to slap together a full army photo for a bit now, I just gotta set it all up and borrow a camera. My iphone is ok for these close shots, but just gotta steal up something a little better for a detailed group shot.