Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My LPC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
Greetings Brothers,
I vowed to complete 2 Razorbacks, 1 Sanguinary Priest, and a 5 man assault squad with a power fist and a meltagun for the LPC. I have the razorbacks and the assault squad, but I will have to obtain a priest. So as it stands this is what I have at the moment:
Posted Image
Posted Image
I know they are in various stages of paintedness, but the rules said they could be more or less 50% done, and all I have done on these is the basecoats and such. Still need to add shadows, highlights, all the backpacks, the bases, and (maybe) some weathering!

And finally a close up of each of my razorbacks. They will end up with a lascannon and a twin-linked plasmagun each. All I have done is spray them red (which goes faster :P )
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go *queue whistling dwarves*

Oh and I also started a Blood Angel WIP thread for my 1500 point army. The link is in my sig. Please feel free to click it and comment / critisize my work!

Edited by Sinful eyes, 31 March 2012 - 02:41 AM.

Ah-a-nothepsis

Ah-a-nothepsis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Loving it!
"Astartes first, psykers second." - Ahzek Ahriman

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts
*sniffles the air* is that a red spray can (or spray gun) i smell? :lol:

how do you work up your paint from that? just go over it with a different colour?

well either way it looks nice ;)

My blog: click me! Latest update 20th of December. 6th edition musings.
Blood angel BFG Blog: click me

a particular Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_4294.png

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

Loving it!

*sniffles the air* is that a red spray can (or spray gun) i smell? :lol:

how do you work up your paint from that? just go over it with a different colour?

Good nose :P I do indeed spray them red with a can. I forget the name and brand but I can post it once I get home if you (or anyone else) are interested.
It is a bit darker than blood red so I add some of that to lighten up some spots. Bleached bone goes on top of it fine. For the metal parts I paint them all chaos black first. For the yellow helmet I go over the red with bleached bone, and then a layer of watered down yellow. Comes out looking pretty good.

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Looking good so far good luck.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

Sgt. Tiberus Satio

Sgt. Tiberus Satio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
Is that Templar heraldry on the side door?
I follow my brothers, I bleed for my chapter, I die for my Emperor! In the name of the Emperor let none survive! COURAGE AND HONOUR!

-Sgt. Tiberus Satio | 5th Co. Ultramarines

[i]XBL - Solidmoogs (add me for gaming goodness).
"You just got razzl-dazzled!" - Moogs
QUOTE (thade @ Sep 2 2011, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When in doubt, I just give them the cover save. I'll still win, because my loyalty to the Emperor is unwavering.

Link to my LPC 2012 Topic.

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
Greetings! Got my sanguinary priest model now! I wanted something unique to me, so I used one of the MK veterans, gave him the apothacary backpack from the blister model, and a apothacary arm from the plastic mini. Also applied some paint, but its not much at the moment.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Brightguy

Brightguy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
It appears you've left a rather large tang of flash attached to the bottom of the backpack. Just saying. Pretty sure the large piece that looks like a tennis racket isn't part of the piece.

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

It appears you've left a rather large tang of flash attached to the bottom of the backpack. Just saying. Pretty sure the large piece that looks like a tennis racket isn't part of the piece.

Hm, it does apear that the official model does not have it on. Strange... I would have sworn that it did. Anywho, I am leaving it on. I cant remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing another mini with it on. The guy had painted it so that the little wire connecting the "tennis racket" to the arm was a pump and the "tennis racket" was a clear pouch that contained a liquid. It reminded me of the little pouch that people are connected to by hospital beds. It looked pretty good and after I got my own backpack and saw the thing on it I assumed it belonged there :huh: if it looks bad or out of place when I am done I will remove it.

deftoneage12

deftoneage12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

Hm, it does apear that the official model does not have it on. Strange... I would have sworn that it did. Anywho, I am leaving it on. I cant remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing another mini with it on. The guy had painted it so that the little wire connecting the "tennis racket" to the arm was a pump and the "tennis racket" was a clear pouch that contained a liquid. It reminded me of the little pouch that people are connected to by hospital beds. It looked pretty good and after I got my own backpack and saw the thing on it I assumed it belonged there :huh: if it looks bad or out of place when I am done I will remove it.

Not a bad idea. I like it, keep up the good work

mysteriousmaskedmystery

mysteriousmaskedmystery

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts

Hm, it does apear that the official model does not have it on. Strange... I would have sworn that it did. Anywho, I am leaving it on. I cant remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing another mini with it on. The guy had painted it so that the little wire connecting the "tennis racket" to the arm was a pump and the "tennis racket" was a clear pouch that contained a liquid. It reminded me of the little pouch that people are connected to by hospital beds. It looked pretty good and after I got my own backpack and saw the thing on it I assumed it belonged there ;) if it looks bad or out of place when I am done I will remove it.

i hope you mean a saline drip or some such, not a catheter bag...

other than the backpack mounted catheter... it all looks good.

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

i hope you mean a saline drip or some such, not a catheter bag...

Defidently a saline drip...

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
I have completed my priest! Only 5 marines and 2 Razorbacks to go :)

A few pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
After noticing how the thing on the backpack really was not part of the official model lazyness overcame me and I decided to cut it off. Can't say I regret it :P

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
So I finally finished my last 5 man squad... Only 2 razorbacks to go and I will be done! B)

First off a squad photo:
Posted Image
Next the Srg:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The humble melta-gunner:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
And the rest of the gang:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
C&C is welcome :P

Sinful eyes

Sinful eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
My two razorbacks are complete - along with my vow!!!! B)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

They are not the best painted tanks in the world :(
But they are mine! And I painted them :rolleyes:

Mr.darkness

Mr.darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 323 posts
I like the use of a plasma cannon for the twin linked plasma gun. I might do it myself as its much easier to do and looks cool.

I like the infantry, did you gloss varnish them? They look sort of shiny (which I like, I just want to know how you did it).

Oh, and one bit of criticism, you should try a wash on the silver parts of the RBs. Maybe devlan mud or gryphonne sepia?

Edited by Mr.darkness, 31 March 2012 - 09:47 AM.