***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012- Phase I***

Captain Semper

I noticed that the 2012 Librarium Painting Competition is on! One can sign up in this thread here

I know there are a lot of dedicated painters here and some excellent talent to boot but do we have the discipline to deliver? Aparently there is a "competition" between subforums as well, the winner being the one with the most completed vows (you can find the relevent thread here). I understand that the BAs were last year's champions :blink:. Can we do better? I beleive we can!!!

Some brothers have already signed up! Let's do this and win for the Lion !!!

EDIT: I will submit my vow later today after I decide on what to do!

Yup, I have avowed in the name of the Lion to paint: two Termy squads, Asmodai, Belial and a Ven dread; for his glory.

One squad is assembled, but needs news arms and shoulder pads (terrible attempt at making cool new poses with greenstuff a few years ago :nuke:) and one Terminator is halfway through being painted, the rest still need to be primed.

Another squad is still securely attached to their sprue, I'll assemble them by the end of the week.

Asmodai and Lysander (Belial) will be waiting for me at my local hobby store tomorrow, I'll probably buy some tools and basing material while I'm picking them up.

And my Ven Dread is lying in two parts (plus a detached foot) atop my painting desk, although every time I assemble him, disaster strikes and he just breaks later.

I'm pretty keen to beat those blood-sucking Blood Angels, only the sons of the lion deserve the glory that they usurp.

Ofcourse, should I let the chapter down, and fail the challenge, betraying my oath, then feel free to abuse me as a fallen angel until I can redeem myself with the next LPC :)

One Person = One Entry no matter the model count, right?

If so I will enter my Belial Conversion for a vote for us. He will be painted before end of March.

Paul

I'm in. Gotta keep myself motivated on the Angels of Retribution. IIRC, we were pretty high in the subforum standings last year. I think we can take it!

Edit: Just did a quick count. We have 3 vows so far in the master list. BA and CA both have 8. Looks like we have our work cut out for us.

It looks like we had a strong surge of vows recently. Keep em coming guys!

On another note, you guys want to use this thread for our LPC updates in addition to wherever else we post them? Having a thread to concentrate the photos of awesomeness and give encouragement could keep us motivated. Plus it could give those who don't waht to start a blog a place to post. Just an idea.

It looks like we had a strong surge of vows recently. Keep em coming guys!

On another note, you guys want to use this thread for our LPC updates in addition to wherever else we post them? Having a thread to concentrate the photos of awesomeness and give encouragement could keep us motivated. Plus it could give those who don't waht to start a blog a place to post. Just an idea.

Yes let's do this! Good motivation for everybody!!!

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2012-01-03_11-41-43_266.jpg

Painting update. This was my mid-morning progress (2pm is still morning!)

He needs to dry a bit so I am going to run errands and come back and finish up what I can. He should be done minus bleached bone and a wash or two and details this afternoon.

Paul

I'm in. On top of my repainting 3rd Co. I vowed to get my three new Vindies done, they are base coated for friendly games at present, pics to come.

Man, that is a full plate. You have my admiration for biting off such a chunk.

I hope to get some pictures up of my vow later tonight.

I wonder whether i should i take the oath or not,after all it is not standard size requirement,i am thinking of throwing in some company vets,a tactical squad,a term chaplain,Asmodai,Ez and a PA librarian(perhaps a terminator one too) and a company master.How does that sound?The real prob is that i dont have real experience with photography...

Painting update. This was my mid-morning progress (2pm is still morning!)

Looking good man, I'm loving the blue on that force weapon!

I'm in. On top of my repainting 3rd Co. I vowed to get my three new Vindies done, they are base coated for friendly games at present, pics to come.

s

And then came along Stobz, and rendered all of our efforts obsolete.

I kid ofcourse, with Stobz's work amongst our LPC vows we've got some sure-fired inspiration to keep us motivated :P

I wonder whether i should i take the oath or not,after all it is not standard size requirement,i am thinking of throwing in some company vets,a tactical squad,a term chaplain,Asmodai,Ez and a PA librarian(perhaps a terminator one too) and a company master.How does that sound?The real prob is that i dont have real experience with photography...

DO ET!

That's alot of work to bite off, I mean if you take a week for each unit, that gives you enough time to concentrate on whatever job is at hand enough so you can finish it to a good standard, knock out the vets and tac marines as fast as you can, and allow yourself just over a week to paint each individual character at leisure.

Even if you decide you can't be bothered with the oath, vow to paint atleast one guy and get him done so we can prove our might above the other chapters! ;)

There's not much photography experience needed for these kind of photos, so long as the models are visible and clear it should be fine, however if you need some tips, I think there's an ex photography student and photoshop professional called Tengo on the board somewhere, I'm sure he'd help you out ;)

While I'm here: A small update on my lot, I decided to do the right thing and butchered up some of my terminators. The really badly applied greenstuff, which gave them really deformed looking arms and odd martial arts-style poses has now been eradicated and their damaged limbs and weaponry are in the process of being replaced. I was tempted to just go ahead with them as they were and wing it, but I thought that, seeing as they're for the LPC and they're representing the chapter and my handiwork, might as well make them look like the Lion's finest!

So I've actually made anti-progress and took a step back, partially disassembling 3 out of my only 5 assembled models for my vow, I've also lost my plastic glue and wasted a whole day looking for it, so that's never good.

However, tomorrow I shall have my Asmodai and Belial and will get started on them, plus a set of tactical terminators, so as to get that Heavy Flamer that's been avoiding me. I might get a basing kit, I think they deserve some fantastically epic bases, and I think it's definitely time to upgrade my dwindling arsenal of tools. Nothing helps kick a new project into action quite like brand new sets of knives and files!

EDIT: @ Brother captain Sharp:

I've noticed a whole heap of vows for DA being made which haven't made it onto the master list yet, they seemed a lot more frequent and numerous than vows for any other chapter, but the ball really could be in anyone's court.

Ofcourse, we could always deploy a little bit of internet insurgency to ensure that some people never manage to submit their completed vows, but we wouldn't ever dream of doing that. Obviously. :P

I vowed to paint and present at least Azrael and 10 Dark Angel Company Veterans in a manor consistent with their being recognized as a notable Honor Guard.

I am highly motivated because Azrael needs an Honor Guard, and whenever our Codex get a revamp I'm confident there will be a suitable Honor Guard inclusion.

Good work so far brothers. I'll add some pics tomorrow if I can hopefully find my camera, otherwise I'll use my phone which isn't as good. I've got a Deathwing squad and a DW Captain conversion already built, just need to complete my drop pod and I'll upload some pictures.

DO ET!

That's alot of work to bite off, I mean if you take a week for each unit, that gives you enough time to concentrate on whatever job is at hand enough so you can finish it to a good standard, knock out the vets and tac marines as fast as you can, and allow yourself just over a week to paint each individual character at leisure.

Even if you decide you can't be bothered with the oath, vow to paint atleast one guy and get him done so we can prove our might above the other chapters! ;)

There's not much photography experience needed for these kind of photos, so long as the models are visible and clear it should be fine, however if you need some tips, I think there's an ex photography student and photoshop professional called Tengo on the board somewhere, I'm sure he'd help you out :devil:

This ^^^

Brother Immolator, first off, do it! Secondly (since this is competition) keep it manageable. Remember the vow can be as small as one mini! So if you're confident you'll do all the above by all means go for it! But remember: completed vows do the trick! :tu:

Go for it bro!!!

One Person = One Entry no matter the model count, right?

Yep! One model, three months. How hard can it be? :D

And remember guys, it's the amount of completed vows rather than the amount of vows. So you have every chance of beating the Blood Angels.

I know I took a tiny vow, but seeing as its the only legal model I have completed right now, I am not too ashamed.

I would love to see 100% completion across the board for DA. That, in its self, would be enough to shame any other chapter that didn't complete it. Let's make them count guys!

Update after last night. Bought a new brush, it helps alot.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2012-01-03_21-16-05_752.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2012-01-03_21-16-13_67.jpg

Paul

Archived