My Salamanders LPC thread - The wrath of Vulkan

KJB

These are coming along nicely!!

Like the use of the Mk3 plate mixed with Mk4!!

:)

Cheers mate, yeah, I prefer to mix all of my various armour marks together, makes each one look unique - they all have to have the Mk IV helmet mind you, greatest of all Forge Worlds creations in my opinion!!

Ok, 5 man combat squad is finished (I never thought I'd type that again...) Just the contemptor to go, 1 month should be long enough I think... :lol:

As mentioned earlier, these are finished as far as the LPC is concerned, however I will be going back to them and weathering them once I've had (plenty) practice with the powders and using sponge weathering

gallery_576_5694_2104862.jpg

gallery_576_5694_949977.jpg

Hopefully I'll eventually get enough painted to have a small force, assuming I can fight the urge to start painting something else... Cough Orks Cough

Keith, these are looking awesome, some of the best work I've seen from you. I always love the poses you get these guys into, ever-battle-ready!

That also appears to be Codex: Space Marines they are standing upon, that would insinuate a small inkling towards playing with your models?

:D

Thanks for the kind words guys, very much appreciated ^_^

Zxyogi, I have no idea why I said Orks, I've just realised how many I'd have to paint! - think I may dabble with the dark side and get that Death Guard sorceror from Forge World next...

Nooooooooo! Must keep painting Salamanders! I'll aim for 500 points - hopefully Nick Kyme will do a Salamanders heresy story, that'll keep me hooked long enough to get finished!

I can do it... Honest... :verymad:

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

Here is my progress on the Contemptor, the more astute amongst you may notice that I've removed his power fist and given him another Multi Melta - this was due to some horrendous defects which I'm embarassed to say I missed when putting him together... ;)

He needs highlighting pretty much all over, then weathering and transfers and then onto the base...

gallery_576_5694_22673.jpg

I have next week off work, so he'll be finished by the LPC deadline even if it kills me!!

Comments and critique welcome as always!

Cheers matey, he should be finished tonight

Boy, did I pick the wrong model to start experimenting with weathering powders... :angry:

Praise Vulkan and the Emperor, vow complete!

The weathering on the barrels appears to have been flattened and washed out in the photo's, trust me, it doesn't look that flat in real life

Oh, and if any of you are thinking about getting Forge Worlds weathing powders, do it, they're awesome!

gallery_576_5694_727017.jpg

gallery_576_5694_2131213.jpg

And a group shot to finish

gallery_576_5694_1778321.jpg

Comments and critique welcome as always

I'm off for a lie down as the thinners I used with the weathering powders have given me a headache!!

A well deserved lie down mate, they look stunning. I especially like the gold trim, does something for the green that I don't think you'd get with any other metallic.

Get them in the GW Flickr pool for sure!

Archived