From the LPC to the E TEBEBRAE LUX

Brother Immolator

And here we are:A couple tactical marines from squad salvage,pending the knee-cap symbol and barrel holes(i forgot those :cuss).

BTW I had terrible luck with the standard bearers pics and i just noticed they were shaken so i will draw new tomorrow:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539842_10150708745399172_596294171_9214148_1801490240_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539842_10150708745419172_596294171_9214149_1441858148_n.jpg

Tomorrow also starts the surprise project wish me luck!

The bolter casing is fortress grey washed with badhab black and the rest of the bolter is boltgun metal washed the same,does it match with the rest of the marine?

Thanks bros,though to be honest i am contemplating on stripping them (the vets and perhaps the libby) as i think i am developing my skills a bit.Still not dare to touch the apoth yet.

Anyway for now:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560864_10150712397744172_596294171_9226757_1594103411_n.jpg

Now this lad had me swearing two days.He was part of the batch i got squad salvage.Except the horrible painting the banner was snapped.

I tried gs to no avail so i drilled up the fist and glued the pole in and filled the hole with Gs.

Also the bolt pistol...I glued it up and realized the gun barrel was missing...I used a cotton bud to make a new barrel.He also had no balance hence the turd like GS thingie beneath his foot.Gotta file it and paint it to look like a rock someday.

Anyway secret project from tomorrow.

He looks fine bro! Trying glueing the banner pole was a lost cause... Good thing you drilled it!

If you feel you moved on from a technical point of view, by all means strip them and repaint them! Can't wait to see the new wave Brother Immolator stuff! Not to mention the "secret project" of yours! :P

Never be afraid of improvement Brother, it'll be great to see your new techniques etc.

If you want some CnC; I'd say use a wash on each colour and then re-hightlight reasonably boldly. My models were similar in pics to yours until I got all brave and went all out, the bolder contrasts helps both in pics but on the table too.

Tonnes of work but totally worth it.

:)

stobz

All colors are washed appropriately,but to be honest i dont like highlighting the way GW promotes it.I find it unrealistic.However i am open to suggestions!

As for the stripping it will be awhile before that happens i recon.

Thanks for the encouragement!

• 1 month later...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398286_10150879553359172_596294171_9533973_595792094_n.jpg

The box about to be opened today :D,i want to dig my hands into them since those are of the most characterful models i ve ever seen.

Those will be primed by morrow i reckon.

• 2 months later...
All colors are washed appropriately,but to be honest i dont like highlighting the way GW promotes it.I find it unrealistic.However i am open to suggestions!

Wow that box looks old school! Oo;

Sigh...Yes no pics yet, i had a run in with life issues. BUT Command squad is finished. And the tactical squad is almost 50%.

If i complete them before Tuesday i might vow for a techmarine and a libby.

Sorry to keep you waiting but as i see it the pic update will be en mass.

Wow that box looks old school! Oo;

Yes brother Thane, i bought that one from e-bay at a bargain. Despite the fact that i have my own command squad with attached officers and what not, i couldnt resist...What can i say? I am a sucker for old models.

• 2 weeks later...

Blast and damnation! I cant find a camera today to upload pics. Command squad is complete. The only problem is the base and the decals which will not be applied for now.

Tactical squad sergeant is also complete, i need to do some touch ups to the troopers. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

Tactical squad is half way done but i have a headache.

I hate the apothecary of my command squad and i contemplate to strip him spray him white and be done with him.

Dunno, Ill give you a member of the command squad just to entice you a bit:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/attachments/painting/18262d1344779312t-lopc-leadership-p120812_16.40.jpghttp://www.librarium-online.com/forums/attachments/painting/18263d1344779307t-lopc-leadership-p120812_16.39.jpg

EDIT: A question: Bonewhite and red, red/orangy or pure bone white? Pick a combi.

Unfortunately, unless i have time he will be left as is, i cant risk the vow because GW took 30 years to develop a white colour that is actually for painting.

Oh, but the combo i wanted was not for the apoth. It was for a cape. Anyway i decided to do it all red and be done with it. Time is of the essence, i can fix them later.

Thank you brother! You cant think of what that particular model has been through, but i think i did him to a nice tabletop quality.

As for the scars, well it helped that they were molded :eek Tommorow morning ill upload the rest except the apoth. I must experiment more on his armor before i complete him.

Now i need to steal Stobz technique of powering up the powerfists....Oops he heard me!

Archived