Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Skcuzzlebumms LPC 2012 - Harbingers Bikes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

skcuzzlebumm

skcuzzlebumm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts

I, Skcuzzlebumm of the Harbingers, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Captain on Bike, 1 Vulkan Hestan, 5 Assault Terminators, 16 Space Marine Bikes, 3 Attack Bikes, 5 Scouts, 3 Typhoons and a Redeemer (so my whole new army) to the very by of my abilities on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

So as the list of models for the LPC says I am trying to get a whole new army painted up for 2012. There is a slight catch or you could say addendum to the LPC; I have to have all the above painted to a minimum gaming standard by Friday 20th January as I have entered the army into a tournament and the lists have already been submitted. So that is 10 days.... but I am away this weekend, so in fact that is 8 days left..... nothing like motivation! :lol:

After I have gotten them to the minimum gaming standard I am then going to go back and complete the models to the very best of my abilities, as for the past couple of years I have been doing a lot of commission painting which has resulted in me becoming very lax with my own personal projects. So this LPC is all about getting me to change that.

No pics today, there will be some tomorrow, but I have just finished sticking all the models together, based them and have sprayed their undercoats on.

Wish me luck....

Edited by skcuzzlebumm, 10 January 2012 - 12:21 AM.

Field Marshall Lord Neil Alister Mackenzie Kerr the Marquess of Lothian
aka Team Scotland 40k Captain 2012
:P
My Blog
Sero Sed Serio
Its a game about war, not war about a game

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Wait a minute that 35 models in 3 months. Good luck.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

skcuzzlebumm

skcuzzlebumm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
Actually it is 35 models in 8 days to a basic standard, then I get the rest of the 3 months to finish them.
My Blog
Sero Sed Serio

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts
Ah, so there is a plan. :lol:

Good luck with your vow, brother. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
Woah, that is a big vow! Good luck!
My Red Scorpions project log and the glorious nipplewing!

Jamafore

Jamafore

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
Man, and I have trouble getting a Tac Squad, a Command Squad, and a Captain done in 3 weeks.

You sir, have better work ethic than I do.

Best of luck to you.
QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake a world if he has but a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

"You build it, and it looks good. You prime it, all the work unifies, and it looks better. But then you paint it, and remember why you put all the effort in to it, as it comes to life." - Subtle Discord

"Rabid Ferrets make wonderful minions. Here have some!" ::hands over squirming bag::  -Me in various online games.

"I love it when people try to correct grammar on the internet. As if posting a correction to a post written in three seconds is going to stem the tide of illiteracy." - StigmatTickles, Gamefaqs.com Message Board.

20.jpg

Xbox Gamertag: Jamafore. I'm in Central standard time. Apparently -5 dst?

skcuzzlebumm

skcuzzlebumm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
Cheers for the words of support guys,

So 3 days on and where am I on the painting? Well the checklist now looks like this (I tweaked things slightly into job lots):

Vulkan
Captain on Bike
5 Assault Terminators
Redeemer
3 Sergeants on Bikes
6 Melta Gun Bikers
7 'Normal' Bikers
3 MM Attack Bikes
5 Scouts
3 Typhoons

So yes I have gotten the 'Normal' Bikers and Assault Terminators completed (see my rubbish pictures - sorry I am not great with a camera). I have also gotten all the Melta Gun Bikers 50% completed and they should be finished by the time I go to bed tonight. Which means so far things are on track for me to have everything except the vehicles finished by the time I go the Masters on Saturday morning. Leaving me 4 days for the 3 Typhoons and the Redeemer (which should be 2 days tops).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

** for bigger pics see my blog

Again sorry for the crap quality pictures but either way if you can manage to make things out please feel free to let me know what you think. Hopefully when it is all finished I will get my mate Rob Sims to crank out is photography skills and get some more 'professional' pictures taken.

Right back to painting....

Edited by skcuzzlebumm, 12 January 2012 - 01:04 PM.

My Blog
Sero Sed Serio

xscotteex

xscotteex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
Damn those suckers look mean!

SpeedFreek

SpeedFreek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
Sweet!

So when are you moving to our dark northern forests?
=I=

Furniture

Furniture

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
Those are really cool! Good luck on your ambitious vow!

Little Lost Swordsman

Little Lost Swordsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
Everything looks extremely nice, and the highlighting is very sharp.

Chicago living, always up for a game of 40k or fantasy.

skcuzzlebumm

skcuzzlebumm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
Cheers guys

So when are you moving to our dark northern forests?

I'm back over around 16th March or just after and am staying until around 21st April, so will be coming to Gothcon with you guys at GAST. Then it is back to the UK for my final exams and I move over for good mid July once I graduate. Just in time for an ETC road trip to Poland.
My Blog
Sero Sed Serio