Become a B&C Angel (of Death)

Just made my donation. :)

It is hard to think that it was almost 5 years ago I came across this board when I Googled "custom space marine armies" and lo and behold, the LIBER ASTARTES appeared at the top. :D

I was just starting my forage into Warhammer 40000 at the young age of 16 and with the help of those in the Liber and beyond, the Sons of Doom came to be. Were it not for everyone who welcomed me and were willing to look through my ideas, chances are my first few Astartes may have ended up gathering dust in a box somewhere. But instead, here I am, the proud owner of nearly a Battle company of my Sons of Doom, alongside numerous Marines painted up in the many colour schemes I have created using the wonderful Space Marine Painter (I think it's fair to say I am one of the biggest users of the SMP so it's about time I paid back! :P).

The Librarium has been a shrine of knowledge for me in regards to modelling ideas and painting methods, as well as expanding my knowledge on gaming techniques and the individual histories of both Canon and DIY Chapters, both Imperial and Chaos. I'm tempted to apply as a Lexicanum when the Librarium's eventually fixed up. :devil:

The best thing about this place though is how civil, but funny it is. The amount of effort Moderators, Admins and Fraters put in to keep this place tidy and well regulated, but also full of fun is astonishing. I don't think there's any forum of this magnitude out there that is so good and so approachable.

Long may the Legio B+C prosper! This is truly the best forum on the web in my opinion!

<EDIT> I just noticed how the forum's hits have increased so dramatically since I joined. :whistling: I swear I have nothing to do with it... :P

Cambrius

I'll try and arrange for some of my money to be donated. Will have to be done via a friend though as I don't have a bank account :whistling:

Anyway, glad to see people contributing to the up-keeping of the forum and I must thank the whole B&C team for keeping this place at an excellent level. It is deeply appreciated :devil:

Ludovic

For those that do donate, we won't forget your help ... you might well find a small surprise when we get the new board software / server upgrade done ;)

Wasn't something along those lines said the last two donation drives aswell? :)

Anyways...

I can't donate this time, I just don't have the free cash. It is already a question in how I'm going to pay off what I have to pay off at the moment as it is... :D

Made my donation, it's a pitifully small amount compared to what Bro Argos shells out but unfortunately all I can afford at the moment. Still, considering the huge average number of daily visitors (an amazing stat, btw, and a clear statement of how good this site is!) even if we all could give just 25 cents each, that would reach the current goal.

Thanks again to the B+C!

I haven't been the most active member of the community, but the B&C has been a fairly regular part of my life these past couple of years (especially on slow work days :P ). Glad to do my part to keep such a great thing going!

Oh, and thanks for all the hard work you've already put in Brother Argos, and for all the hard work to come!

Been a few months since I popped in for long enough to see what's really going on, but I'm certainly glad to see our site here growing steadily. Most impressive, and it looks like we're picking up steam.

As soon as I have more than $.93 in my Paypal account I'm gonna try and finally donate to the B&C (Christmas wiped my account out before the B&C got a turn :().

All done :D

This website is an inspiration - my own pet project wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the Space Marine Painter! Keep up all the fantastic work you do, and I look forward to all the new wizz-bangs an upgrade will bring.

Philip

Archived