Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Become a B&C Angel (of Death)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
159 replies to this topic

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,549 posts
Your a Space Marine .. adapt .. overcome!!
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

When he spoke, his voice was deep and metallic.

- Heroes of the Space Marines - Fires of War : Pg 190

Iron Hands - A new beginning

momosgarage

momosgarage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,257 posts
This might be a good time for the site owners to pursue 501c(7) status:

http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2963434
The Demiurg are "Space Gnomes" because the Squats were "Space Dwarves" and Ratlings are "Space Hobbits"

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,549 posts
The Bolter and Chainsword is based in England.
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts

I want to donate but PayPal is saying my card does not exist :)

Check the expiration date. :P
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,499 posts
Just made my donation. :)

It is hard to think that it was almost 5 years ago I came across this board when I Googled "custom space marine armies" and lo and behold, the LIBER ASTARTES appeared at the top. :D

I was just starting my forage into Warhammer 40000 at the young age of 16 and with the help of those in the Liber and beyond, the Sons of Doom came to be. Were it not for everyone who welcomed me and were willing to look through my ideas, chances are my first few Astartes may have ended up gathering dust in a box somewhere. But instead, here I am, the proud owner of nearly a Battle company of my Sons of Doom, alongside numerous Marines painted up in the many colour schemes I have created using the wonderful Space Marine Painter (I think it's fair to say I am one of the biggest users of the SMP so it's about time I paid back! :P).
The Librarium has been a shrine of knowledge for me in regards to modelling ideas and painting methods, as well as expanding my knowledge on gaming techniques and the individual histories of both Canon and DIY Chapters, both Imperial and Chaos. I'm tempted to apply as a Lexicanum when the Librarium's eventually fixed up. :evil:
The best thing about this place though is how civil, but funny it is. The amount of effort Moderators, Admins and Fraters put in to keep this place tidy and well regulated, but also full of fun is astonishing. I don't think there's any forum of this magnitude out there that is so good and so approachable.

Long may the Legio B+C prosper! This is truly the best forum on the web in my opinion!

<EDIT> I just noticed how the forum's hits have increased so dramatically since I joined. :whistlingW: I swear I have nothing to do with it... :P

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 10 January 2012 - 04:37 PM.

Mr.Havoc

Mr.Havoc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 627 posts

I want to donate but PayPal is saying my card does not exist :evil:

Check the expiration date. :D

Done that lol and it still didnt work :whistlingW:

Tried it now and it works fine, putting it down to PayPal being ever so awesome as per usual - sarcasm

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,084 posts
My donation is in. I discovered this place while I was deployed to Iraq, and being able to get a daily dose of 40K helped keep me sane. I love this place, and its worth any chunk of change to keep it up.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,549 posts
Thank you very much for your contribution Mr.Havoc and Deus Ex Ferrum.
Brother Argos

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,297 posts
I'll try and arrange for some of my money to be donated. Will have to be done via a friend though as I don't have a bank account :whistlingW:

Anyway, glad to see people contributing to the up-keeping of the forum and I must thank the whole B&C team for keeping this place at an excellent level. It is deeply appreciated :evil:

Ludovic

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_14340_43444.jpgtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

zxyogi

zxyogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,135 posts

Is it?......Donated $20....better go back and donate some more....do it in pahnd notes this time!! :D

'Brothers! These foul Aliens stand before us, thinking they are powerful enough to resist us! But they have made one, massive, terrible mistake; they have forgotten who they face!'
'FOR WE ARE THE MARINES MALEVOLENT, CHOSEN OF THE EMPEROR, THE ONLY TRUE SERVANTS OF HIS GLORIOUS WILL!! FORGED WITH HATE, ARMORED WITH TRUTH, TEMPERED WITH BLOOD!!! THESE XENOS SHALL FALL!!!! FOR GLORY! FOR HATE!! FOR THE GREAT CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marines Malevolent.........The Emperors Finest.
Hall of Honour: http://www.bolterand...p...lent&st=125
WIP: http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2872270

Sons of Heracles

WIP http://www.bolterand...htsupdate-1314/

Heru

Heru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,280 posts

For those that do donate, we won't forget your help ... you might well find a small surprise when we get the new board software / server upgrade done ;)

Wasn't something along those lines said the last two donation drives aswell? :)

Anyways...

I can't donate this time, I just don't have the free cash. It is already a question in how I'm going to pay off what I have to pay off at the moment as it is... :D
My Chapters (Blue) & Traitors (Red):
gallery_20677_1567_12051.jpg
1st Row: Falcon Knights, Darkwatch, Silver Scorpions, Phantom Hounds, Onyx Warlords, Wicked Gods, Wolves of Horus, The Blight, The Bloodborn
2nd Row: Iron Raptors, Immortals, Imperial Monarchs, Starbreakers, The Shadow Kings, The Fallen Lords, Black Wasps, Black Oracles, Dream Eaters

Brother Ambroz

Brother Ambroz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,999 posts
I'll be donating once I get off work today.

Formerly Tanith Ghost

The Ravitch Reavers - Traitor Guard

momosgarage

momosgarage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,257 posts

Look up Community Interest Companies (CICs) as a Social Enterprise.

Edited by momosgarage, 10 January 2012 - 07:13 PM.

The Demiurg are "Space Gnomes" because the Squats were "Space Dwarves" and Ratlings are "Space Hobbits"

krustydave

krustydave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
The B&C Keeps me going at work sometimes!
$5 Sent!
kru57y

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,065 posts
Made my donation, it's a pitifully small amount compared to what Bro Argos shells out but unfortunately all I can afford at the moment. Still, considering the huge average number of daily visitors (an amazing stat, btw, and a clear statement of how good this site is!) even if we all could give just 25 cents each, that would reach the current goal.

Thanks again to the B+C!

elohimalpha

elohimalpha

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
I haven't been the most active member of the community, but the B&C has been a fairly regular part of my life these past couple of years (especially on slow work days :P ). Glad to do my part to keep such a great thing going!

Oh, and thanks for all the hard work you've already put in Brother Argos, and for all the hard work to come!

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

”Do not trouble me with your mewling about the past. Concern yourself with the war tomorrow will bring. How will you wield your sword with your hands in the rubble?” – Captain Ulixies Bucinum, Lions of the Dawn 10th Company

vharing

vharing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 407 posts
On Friday I will be throwing some money into the pot. I love the forum, it helps keep me motivated to keep painting.

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,549 posts
Thanks Guys ... we still have a long way to go!

I hope everyone is as generous as you all were!
Brother Argos

Asphael

Asphael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
Little gift made ! Thanks for everything you do for the marines' lover we are ! :)

The flesh is weak.

vharing

vharing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 407 posts
I just put in $5, I just wish I could do more. B&C has been such a use to me, with building my BA army.

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,347 posts
Certainly hope my small contribution will help. Thank you Brother Argos and all of the B&C mods/admins for the work you put in. This site is the biggest motivator in my getting back into the hobby.
To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,549 posts
We are just over half way ... $1752 in 13hrs.

We need to get another 1750 or so :D

Keep going everyone we are getting there

I am going to bed now, I will update the "total" banner in the morning :)
Brother Argos

Brother Kovash

Brother Kovash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,199 posts
Donation sent. If this site didn't exist, I most likely would still be playing some filthy xenos army. Thanks for all the work that goes into running the site, I don't know how I'd get by without you guys.

"It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself."

LPC 2012
December Path to Redemption
Call of Chaos V

The Emperor's Champion

The Emperor's Champion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,730 posts
Been a few months since I popped in for long enough to see what's really going on, but I'm certainly glad to see our site here growing steadily. Most impressive, and it looks like we're picking up steam.

As soon as I have more than $.93 in my Paypal account I'm gonna try and finally donate to the B&C (Christmas wiped my account out before the B&C got a turn :().

"The ltramarines are the greatest of all Space Marine Chapters. From the dawn of the Imperium they have served the Emperor with loyalty and a ferocity that no others can match." "in faith and in valour they are unmatched." "The ltramarines are the exemplars of the Space Marines, the purest and noblest of all Adeptus Astartes." "Many hold the ltramarines to be the rightful heir not only of Guilliman, but of the Emperor himself." ~Games-Workshop

1kuu.jpg
Names & Ranks Of The Ultramarines Chapter & Legion

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves,
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
All done :D

This website is an inspiration - my own pet project wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the Space Marine Painter! Keep up all the fantastic work you do, and I look forward to all the new wizz-bangs an upgrade will bring.

Philip